Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is one thing that would make you rage quit G5?

phantompone1148

Nothing in G4 has made any fan rage quit the show.  G5 has started and it could happen. So, what is one thing that would make you rage quit G5?

I do not know if I asked this before

Edited by phantompone1148
  • Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, phantompone1148 said:

Nothing in G4 has made any fan rage quit the show

Lol 

Anyway. Josh Haber coming back would be enough for me to drop it entirely 

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 3

Hmmmm

One single thing???

Hmm outside of like a complete off the rails "PONIES IN ROCKET SHIPS MEETING ALIEN PONIES" or like voice guest star Tucker Carlson :ButtercupLaugh:

I can't think of one thing. 

But it depends. 

Bringing back a character from G4 would definitely upset me but like wouldn't completely kill the show. 

Oh I know!!!

Just the entire Mane 6 were in statues and then they get brought back. Would definitely stop watching or something along those lines (princesses come back etc.) 

Any huge major plot point from the original show coming back and being a major plot point like Crystal Empire and Sombra, Elements of Harmony needed to stop villain, somepony trying to make the night last forever, etc.  

Definitely if any of the villains from G4 come back I will be extra done forreal especially if it's Sombra jaja

• Brohoof 3

4 minutes ago, Miss said:

Hmmmm

One single thing???

Hmm outside of like a complete off the rails "PONIES IN ROCKET SHIPS MEETING ALIEN PONIES" or like voice guest star Tucker Carlson :ButtercupLaugh:

But it depends. 

Bringing back a character from G4 would definitely upset me but like wouldn't completely kill the show. 

Oh I know!!!

Just the entire Mane 6 were in statues and then they get brought back. Would definitely stop watching or something along those lines (princesses come back etc.) 

Any huge major plot point from the original show coming back and being a major plot point like Crystal Empire and Sombra, Elements of Harmony needed to stop villain, somepony trying to make the night last forever, etc.  

Definitely if any of the villains from G4 come back I will be extra done forreal especially if it's Sombra jaja

I think I heard somb was coming back in G5

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, phantompone1148 said:

Nothing in G4 has made any fan rage quit the show.

"He don't know us very well, do he?" - The fandom

I personally, however, can't conceive anything making me rage quit the show because that's just not how I roll. I do not rage quit stuff, if I stop watching something, it's nine times out of ten because of a simple loss of interest. 

• Brohoof 3

4 minutes ago, Miss said:

Hmmmm

One single thing???

But it depends. 

Oh I know!!!

Ahh come on. Don't be so harsh:oh_golly:. Who knows it might be good!..... It might be good.... It might be good?... It might be.... It.... M-might .gulp.... Be cough ...guhd...".

*Coughs blood and dies*

2 minutes ago, phantompone1148 said:

I think I heard somb was coming back in G5

the biggest indication is a toy that also states "Sunny is the main character of the last generation of My Little Pony"

"last generation" I think not. 

So again really hope it doesn't happen but if it does I will rage quit 

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, Even Evil Has Standards said:

Before S9, I would've been stoked to see him return. But ever since he got the "Jake" Skywalker treatment, I just want them to leave him alone.

funny that you say this because I actually prefer his second significant appearance. Disliked him greatly first time. 

But I've just had enough of him. He is everywhere in the comics it's annoying. 

But either way he came back once already there should not be anymore. 

• Brohoof 2

The thing that would make me "rage quit" (As in, not like Gen 5 as much.) would definitely be if Discord returned. :unamused:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 7

18 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

If by the end of it, we still don’t have all our unanswered questions answered.

Is it really a rage quit if you stuck around till the end :okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 2

I don't know.  G5 just started.  It's not established enough for me to have come up with things that I absolutely do not want see happen in it yet.   So I  guess I can't really say I know what would make me quit the show entirely.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

Anything that panders too hard to G4, basically. I do like G4, of course, but I really hope that Gen 5 can carve out its own identity, not just be the successor kissing G4's heels. I have seen one too many series who get sequels or reboots that basically only exist to praise the original entry, and not add anything new. Nostalgia in general is just a huge tar pit in our popular culture nowadays, if you ask me; I am more hungry than ever for some creativity and originality.

• Brohoof 2

I'm a veteran of fan squabbles so lemme tell you, if we get new gen 5 fans then they will squabble and leave. 

It is weird to like something this much. So people are right to be angry when that fades. Just stay happy that it has not yet faded for yourself. 

The thing that will make me rage quit Gen 5 is boredom. If they go cutesy girly or fan pandery then I won't like the animated content. That is unlikely to make me leave the fandom though :P the fandom is much more than any animated series.

• Brohoof 2

Here's what G5 could do wrong that would make me stop watching G5:

If G5...

1) goes a similar direction to "Pony Life"

2) goes too far into politics

3) changes the main characters' personalities and/or physical appearances in a bad way

4) goes a similar direction to "Star Wars: The Last Jedi"

5) ruins a good G4 character's personality

With that said, I could also stop watching G5 if I lose interest for whatever reason.

• Brohoof 4

Seeing a few people say "politics" - gen 4 was so much bolder than any other generation in terms of getting into political stuff (ie the ponies do not avoid making judgements). If you want apolitical pony, then you'd think the older gens were much more your cup of tea...

• Brohoof 1

People have rage-quit during G4's tenure from start to finish just so you know.

I'd say that the one thing that would drive me away would be the voice acting. It's the only expectation that I tend to care about these days barring music, animation, and adventure stories. If the voice acting is bad then I can't support G5. The movie proved its voice acting chops so I have faith in the new voice cast to deliver.

• Brohoof 2