Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think the fandom is having a influx of new people?

reesespuffed

Browsing fandom sites like derpibooru and here I've noticed many new accounts being made, is this a typical pace for the fandom or is it a influx of people joining? Do you think we might have a new wave of content creators to join the people who were making things since 2011-2015. Or am i being too optimistic?

I do think that it is somewhat unreasonable to think that the fandom will grow to how it was in 2013-2015. I just don't think MLP will ever get that kind of fan fair again. I do however believe that G5 will bring in some new fans and definitely more fan made content around G5.

• Brohoof 1

Yes! I think I saw one or two new users the other day. Things are looking up! Hahaha, sorry. But really. I also think there will an increase in activity due to G5. But nothing to the level of G4. It is difficult to capture the lightning twice in a row. And be very careful because you can get burned badly by asking for more than you have been given already. Our true lord and savior lucifer is a very awesome but capricious god. You never know which way he is gonna shoot, if he shoots at all.

While I don't think we'll ever reach the G4 peak level of fandom again unless something really extraordinary happens, I've certainly been seeing more people joining here or even coming back here recently. 

• Brohoof 1

Im glad to see new fans coming into the fandom if anything. It is always good to get different insights and ideas if anything. :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, PinkiePie50 said:

I don't know if anyone is joining or leaving and To be honest I don't care, I don't let how many people are in the shows fandom effect how I like my ponies

Of course, but I certainly find stuff like this interesting

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't noticed anything exceptionally different, so I don't see why there would be a bunch of new ponies joining the fandom. G5 did have an impact, but it's not enough to bring in an exceptionally large amount of ponies to the fandom.