47 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

i didn't know greed was the cause of a dragon's growth-spurt. :blink:

also, this seems more like some kind of puppy-dog love than something actually serious, still. unless Studio B acknowledges this relationship, i'm not gonna bet on anything more than that.

still, though, this kinda confirms the fanon pairing of Spike x Rarity. also Lyra and Bon-Bon, for those who caught that (as well as Derpy making an appearence there =D).

Spike was totally humping that display case...

Ah, and I saw Lyra and Bon bon this time. well, and derpy obviously, but I saw her the first time, just didn't notice it was Lyra and bon bon :/

Edited by Evilshy

You know, I slightly approve of Spike x Rarity. Its not my fav. ship but it looks like it could happen. And I really don't care if they do decide to hook up, (which I highly doubt studio B would do).

Also, I just remembered. There were a couple of Disney references at the beginning. When Twilight was organizing the books, the music was from Sorcerers Apprentice, and the way she did it was similar to Merlin's spell from Sword in the Stone.

• Brohoof 2

Also, I just remembered. There were a couple of Disney references at the beginning. When Twilight was organizing the books, the music was from Sorcerers Apprentice, and the way she did it was similar to Merlin's spell from Sword in the Stone.

I noticed that two.

Aww, Rarity x Spikey-Wikey is just too cute! I knew she would knock him back to his senses. <3

Girls will be girls I guess. :)

Anyone notice that Twilight has a different eye color now? O.o

And DAWW I WISH RARITY GAVE ME A KISS! :'(

Looks the same to me :/

And yes, a kiss from rarity would be pretty awesome.

And DAWW I WISH RARITY GAVE ME A KISS! :'(

You and a couple thousand other bronies. Me, I wouldn't want a kiss from rarity. If anything I would want a kiss from Pinkie pie.

I guess Spike is a different specie of dragon since he didn't grow wings, even as an adult.

Maybe. The dragon in dragonshy didn't have magic fire. Or maybe spike hadn't fully matured yet, and they don't grow wings until later.

as for keeping the relationship strictly fanon, i say that because i can't think of a single kids-animation pulling off such a thing well. it seems to be mostly about the "and then they kissed each other and lived happily ever after" as opposed to the actual and more realistic "maintaining a relationship is tough shit, there will be lots of ups and downs in it, but i'll walk through hellfire and brimstone for you" kind of thing. since this IS an animation aimed for little girls, i doubt that they'd be able to fully understand how a relationship works, seeing past the whole "living happily ever after" part.

but then again i'm just over-analyzing things here.

I enjoyed today's episode a lot. I noticed that Twilight had a book called The Art of the To Do List. No one else seemed to notice it, so I fixed that by making "The Art of the Dress" joke.

• Brohoof 2

hmmm, I like the possibility of Spike being a cave dragon, just something different from what dragons are normally dipcted.

Posted Image

okay...Gojira

A lot of people complained about Owl's well that ends well,

...I liked that episode... one of my favorites...

Yeah, I think were just being hardcore fans :/

Studio B hasn't hesitated from putting older content and themes in the show, but I doubt we'll get an in depth relationship, if only because the show doesn't have a lot of continuity.

FUSHIGIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!

Ahem. Sorry about that. As I was saying, the show has some continuity, but not much, just enough to make it so episodes don't conflict with eachother, and bringing back old characters and stuff.

Also, there have been episodes where spike completely ignored rarity, so this is probably an isolated incident.

Man, I really want to watch king kong again... I wonder why? Lol

I enjoyed today's episode a lot. I noticed that Twilight had a book called The Art of the To Do List. No one else seemed to notice it, so I fixed that by making "The Art of the Dress" joke.

I don't think it's a reference to art of the dress, just a reference to "art of" books. A famous example would be the art of zen and motorcycle maintenance

Another good episode. It was nice to finally see Spike get some affection Rarity, but I don't expect them to get into an actual relationship since, well... it's still a show for little girls, y'know?

As someone mentionned on Equestria Daily, apparently it's possible to "age" gemstones in the pony world.

That makes the whole rock farm thing possible! :P

You can do that in Pokemon too. Another mystery for another day...

Also, Spike doesn't grow wings? Is he a land-based Dragon, or Dragons only grow wings through natural maturity, or what? Another mystery.

Anyway, I thought the Spike and Rarity was done really nice in this episode, and overall this is one of my favorite episodes of season 2. A very good episode.