Swoop

47 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I liked it. Definitly not the best in the series, but it had a lot of really great moments. My favorite being when Rarity doesn't want to Spike to tell her that he loves her, because she doesn't want to have break his heart because she knows they can't work out together. Moments like that are why I watch this show.

There's a also a lot of great comedy value. Every scener with Pinkie had me laughing and there were a lot of great lines thrown in. They explained that Spike won't get older as long as he doens't get greedy, so he'll be a little guy forever. Also, more Lyra and Bonbon together is good, even if it's far off in the background (With derpy!)

One thing I've been noticing this season is a lot of continuity being mentioned. Two birthdays so far, a holiday, and mention of another gala. Does anyone else think they might start aging the characters? Once the voice actors for the Cutie Mark Crusaders get older, they might not be able to do child voices anymore and they might age them to compesate. Their voices are already sounding a bit different this season.

I just watched it again. What it appears like is that he was too wide to easily go through the doorway and because of the angle it's not really that clear at first.

hmm... maybe I can see that... It's a little weird with 2d animation, why would they use a shot from his side when clearly the audience needs to see from a front view :(

I liked it. Definitly not the best in the series, but it had a lot of really great moments. My favorite being when Rarity doesn't want to Spike to tell her that he loves her, because she doesn't want to have break his heart because she knows they can't work out together. Moments like that are why I watch this show.

I absolutly loved that part too! It was cute, and a very mature scene for the show.

I didn't expect to like this one as much as I did. I'm not the biggest spike fan, but this was a good one

Ok does this mean that spike will be perpetually trapped inside of his baby dragon form unless he accepts his natural greedy urges? Or can dragons still grow and mature at a slower rate over a period of time? Why didn't celestia warn twilight that this might happen?

These are just some of the questions that pop in and out of my mind while watching the episode. Pinkie Pie popping out of twilight's teleportation spell didn't phase me for a second.

Rarity is dominating season 2...I approve

NO! Don't approve! Pinkie is suppose to dominant... :(

STUDIO B. Why u no liek Pinkie? :(

Edited by RaccoonBL

NO! Don't approve! Pinkie is suppose to dominant... :(

She'll get her episodes. :)

If only Rarity was the best pony ^_^ however, we all know that title belongs to Fluttershy.

y u like Overrated pony ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Rarity deserves a chunk of season 2. She is best pony and best pony deserves to be in every episode.

Ok does this mean that spike will be perpetually trapped inside of his baby dragon form unless he accepts his natural greedy urges? Or can dragons still grow and mature at a slower rate over a period of time? Why didn't celestia warn twilight that this might happen?

If you listen to Zecora's rhyme,

"A Dragon's Heart is prone to greed,

A steady diet to make growth speed,

Then the resulting bigger size,

Only makes their hunger rise!

If this trait should go unchecked,

If Spike continues to collect,

More growth would certainly occur,

He is going to turn into a monster!"

Keyword there is Speed. So basically greed is a way for Dragons to prematurely grow to great sizes. I'd assume that Spike will eventually grow into a giant Dragon, but at a far slower rate, and without the greedy side! As long as Twilight continues to raise and care for Spike properly, I'm sure he'll make for a great dragon to protect the ponys from all kinds of stuff.

Seriously, they need it. I mean, did you see all the accidents in the Mare-Do-Well episode? I'm surprised ponies ain't extinct.

• Brohoof 4

She'll get her episodes. :)

When?! :(

y u like Overrated pony ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Rarity deserves a chunk of season 2. She is best pony and best pony deserves to be in every episode.

y u call Fluttershy overrated instead of Rainbow Dash ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

y u call Fluttershy overrated instead of Rainbow Dash ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

y u no understand Overrated is her name ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

When?! :(

She got a chance to assault Spike with cake this episode, what else can you ask for ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

y u no understand Overrated is her name ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

y u no like Fluttershy ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

She got a chance to assault Spike with cake this episode, what else can you ask for ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Her own episode this season.

I think we can all agree that this scene was fantastic, made go on D'awww overdrive.

Overall I absolutely loved this episode, my favourite of the season. I got a good laugh out of the Derpy cameo, and cracked up when Pinkie was "assaulting Spike with cakes". This one's definitely going in my favourites.

Did anypony else notice the bridge Pinkie and the other ones were standing on when Spike and Rarity were falling? Possible nod to the bridge in the opening of G3?

y u no like Overrated ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

nuff said ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Her own episode this season.

I'm sure they have something in store for her this season.

Back to the OT. Anypony realize Pinkie Pie was seriously trying to hurt Spike with the cake?

Why would she try to assault baby dragons ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Edited by Lady Rarity Pony

This episode was canon after canon of subtle shipping! Applejack and Twlight; Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy; Rarity and Spike; Lyra and Bon Bon (adding just cause)

Best episode, but I predict the Christmas episode could top it if done well. Mainly because it seems to focus more on Pinkie!

Fluttershy and Pinkie are equally best pony; and best Ship!

Edited by MyKotoShi

This has to be my favorite episoed in Season 2 so far. Mainly because I'm a sucker for adorable and cute things, like when Spike and Rarity were falling after Spike returned to normal, I had to stp and make audible sounds of cuteness and d'aww before I can continue. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Finally got the chance to watch it.

Twi took Spike's advice... of using the whole floor as one big shelf. :3

Spike is the loveliest lovebi- erm, dragon.

Twilight almost gave him another book. XD

ZOMG sapphire cupcake.

Sssssspikey-wikey. *hiss*

The doctor thinks he's talking to a three-year-old baby, and not a greedy dragon kid.

Holy frick, greedy Spike stole Zecora's everything while they were talking about... greed.

I love Rarity's coiffure after overgrown Spike roars at her face, it makes her look 200% cooler.

Ouch, Spike committed a crime against FASHION.

D'aww, Rarity already knows of Spike's feelings... but they can't be together, not "officially". </3

I'm just amazed at just how quickly everypony forgot that Spike's own actions had caused all that mayhem in the first place.

EDIT: I only just noticed, after 4 times listening to the same line, what Spike says after "Rarity, I need to tell you something". It's "Just in case we don't make it", implying imminent death if their fall is not stopped.

That, followed by Rarity's hoof on Spike's mouth, makes the show so much less childish sometimes.

Edited by Feather Spiral
  • Brohoof 4