1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Finally got the chance to watch it.

Twi took Spike's advice... of using the whole floor as one big shelf. :3

Spike is the loveliest lovebi- erm, dragon.

Twilight almost gave him another book. XD

ZOMG sapphire cupcake.

Sssssspikey-wikey. *hiss*

The doctor thinks he's talking to a three-year-old baby, and not a greedy dragon kid.

Holy frick, greedy Spike stole Zecora's everything while they were talking about... greed.

I love Rarity's coiffure after overgrown Spike roars at her face, it makes her look 200% cooler.

Ouch, Spike committed a crime against FASHION.

D'aww, Rarity already knows of Spike's feelings... but they can't be together, not "officially". </3

I'm just amazed at just how quickly everypony forgot that Spike's own actions had caused all that mayhem in the first place.

EDIT: I only just noticed, after 4 times listening to the same line, what Spike says after "Rarity, I need to tell you something". It's "Just in case we don't make it", implying imminent death if their fall is not stopped.

That, followed by Rarity's hoof on Spike's mouth, makes the show so much less childish sometimes.

*Nom, Nom, Hoof* Good summary. :D Well it was a great episode and Celestia trolled up 50%. (Seriously... Ponyville was about to be destroyed! At least the royal guard should have come!"

Edited by Darkshine
  • Brohoof 2

Trollestia strikes again. Town getting destroyed by dragon? It's all gooooood!

Yup. No problem there. Ponyville will just magically rebuild itself again like after the Parasprite infestation!

Posted Image

• Brohoof 7

This episode has to be one of, if not the best season 2 episode so far. Highlights for me:

- Twilight and AJ getting tied up

- Spike's generosity

- RarityxSpike moments

- King Kong references; Godzilla Spike

- The Wonderbolts

- Scootaloo fighting for her scooter

- All the new ponies introduced

- RD and Fluttershy being awesome and saving the day again

There's probably more. This episode blew me away and far exceeded my expectations. I simply can't wait for next week's episode.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 3

I loved this episode :D

Although, I have to admit, I have one pet peeve thats annoying me a lot. The pony that Spike gets the ball from? His name is Lickety Split. Lickety Split is a gen1 Female pony. Baby Lickety Split is even the main character of one of the very first episodes/movies. I'm all for recycling ponies (we wouldn't have most of the main 6 without it) but could they at least make them a little similar? I guess at least the cutie mark was similar.

But aside from that, this may be one of my favorite episodes, Sooooooooo much D'aaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

So I thought that it was a pretty fair episode, Spike becoming a huge greedy monster, friendship powers save him, etc.

But then the touching adorable set in.

My body was not ready for that.

When I woke up, three hours had passed.

EDIT: If dragons can turn into giant mountain-breaking monstrosities, what kind of academy makes hatching one of them an entrance exam, AND lets Twilight keep one?

Edited by (insert username)

Another great episode, full of wonderful things! All the Mane Six were great and the focus on Twilight was great after so many episodes where she plays second string. I liked how the bad thing was all in Spike's dragon nature which he has to deliberately fight against in order to remain in control of his sentience. Similarly, we see Rarity's generosity at the end when she helps Spike out of the guilt he is feeling, when in essence she states this very fact, that Spike isn't himself when he was on the rampage and that only Spike reasserting himself saved them all, despite downplaying her own role in breaking through to him in doing so.

There are so many good things about this episode - Twilight's determination to wash Spike's cheek, her magicking him back each time he runs away; the background ponies getting official names; Seafoam's beautiful walk-on piece; the Wonderbolts being used as air cavalry; Lyra and Bon Bon; Cheerilee being walked into; places and beautiful ponies all around Ponyville - I liked the water tower, June Bud seems a nice pony tho I don't recall her from before; Rarity being seized in her home by a giant unknown dragon through her window, its all great!

There are some excellent visuals; Twilight is drawn beautifully, her teleporting, her galloping, her expressions are all perfect.

There's some great humour too, like with the doctor saying he knows the problem "He's a dragon" then "Well, that would explain it!" and the vet is funny. Pinkie's "I'm not giving him cake, I'm assaulting him with cake!" Applejack lasooing her and Twilight to the tree after the cool "Twilight, get my rope" and the excellent visuals of them running with it. Rainbow's amusement is typical but funny, but she clicks back into serious mode when Fluttershy screams. "Why would Spike steal my chickencoop?!" Applejack towing a shell-shocked Pinkie backwards. The civil emergency alarm. Its all great stuff!

"We'd be ever so grateful if you'd possibly consider it" is a nice piece of Fluttershy dialogue.

"Which as horrible as it is, I can almost understand because you're a dragon and all..."

Rainbow's "On it!", grabs Fluttershy and whoosh to the rescue!

I am intrigued by the Spike-Rarity scene as they fall perhaps to their deaths, Spike confessing he has a crush on Rarity, Rarity putting her hoof in his mouth, but tearing up as she does it...

Best regards

Lupus

• Brohoof 3

Definitely enjoyed the episode, had much more depth on the ship between Rarity and Spike, the freefall scene really made it for me as Im sure it did for all of you. In addition shoutout to the Derp sighting never can have too much derp. Lil predictable when Rainbow Dash “saves the day” but overall very enjoyable and I’m eager to see how the ship progresses throughout the rest of the season.

Edited by 83awsm

Kind of didn't like Spike flat out mentioning a crush, kind of really broke the imaginary ice there. :P

Other than that, good episode. Really does make one start wondering how Spike ages.

I really liked this episode to be honest. Looking at it this way, they handled the Sparity really well, and that falling scene made me cry hard. Well, not hard, but you see what I mean.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I loved it when Spike turned into a mega-dragon! "Spike WANT!!!" :angry:

I think he didn't have wings because he wasn't growing naturallly. Or he's just not born that way. Oh, well.

"I'm assaulting him with cake!" -My favorite line. :lol:

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I loove Spike so much. He is awesome. He has funny lines, and good episodes.

Like this one. I love this episode so much you don't even know, I liked Spike's first transformation.

It was pretty cool in my opinion. B)