Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think ponies would like to be petted?

Bendy

Hands  

18 users have voted

1. 1. Would a pony fall to the power of human hands?

• They will fall before our hands.
    • They will resist our hands.

A human petting a pony. Give them ear scratches, bellyrubs, and stuff like that? Would a pony fall to the power of human hands being lovey-dovey to them? Or would they stubbornly resist human hands?

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

They would probably react similarly to how humans would react to a similar thing. Probably acceptable between boyfriend/girlfriend and considered creepy if done by someone else.

Generally, pretty much this, yeah. Ponies possibly wouldn't be eager to let random humans pet them, but human friends, perhaps.

It would also vary a bit from pony to pony. I imagine Pinkie Pie would be more willing to be petted than Rainbow Dash, for example.

• Brohoof 3

I am just gonna answer to the tittle.

Probably they like being petted, but among couples, and as a romantic part of a mating ritual. But having a weird bipedal alien treating them as if they were a child's toy. That is weird. Just magine if you were walking on the street, and a weird grown up man or woman with an infantilization complex started petting you. Yikes!

I don't know. If somebody tried to pet me I'd think it was pretty weird but dogs and cats and real horses love it so maybe it just feels good if you have thick fur.

And of course everybody needs a scratch when they have an itch.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe, but only if you asked for permission first I imagine. If you just strolled up and started petting them out of the blue, you're likely to end up sprawled on the ground with a pair of horseshoe shaped bruises for your trouble!

• Brohoof 2

Depends on the pony.  I used to have a real live Shetland pony, and we absolutely hated each other.  But she demanded her ear scratches.  And then glared at me when I didn't do them long enou

Ponies in MLP have a conscience and are capable of thinking and feeling on the same level as humans. So, like humans, ponies wouldn't like to be petted randomly. I think they might allow it if you have a good relationship with them, depending on the pony, but not if you are a complete stranger.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Justin_Case001 said:

The question is extremely simple to answer, and should be looked at this way: would you like to be petted?  Under what circumstances, and by whom?  Probably gonna be the same answer for them.

This gives me an idea!