Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tell Your Tale trailer

CastletonSnob

Looks cute.  I look forward to seeing it premiere next week.

I rather liked the short snippet of the song we got in the trailer, and I hope that this means that this series will have a lot of songs in it, given that they were some of the best parts of both FiM and A New Generation.

• Brohoof 2

36 minutes ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

Yes, Izzy feels just like Pinkie Pie in this series.

I hope Izzy is a more toned down version of Pinkie Pie like she was in the movie.

Funny but not over the top yelling her sentences like Pinkie did at times.  

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I hope Izzy is a more toned down version of Pinkie Pie like she was in the movie.

Same. She was what I hoped Pinkie was going to be, and never was, at the start of G4

• Brohoof 2

I still have my reservations, truthfully told. I won't judge the humor too harshly, since I am not the target demographic, but I still did not find much of the humor very funny. Nothing insulting, but I didn't really crack a smile either; it's just too random. The art style is not something I will ever find palatable either. This beanmouth rubbish ran its course 5 years ago, yet it still persists for some reason. To avoid being a complete downer though, I do appreciate how they seem to be doing slice of life activities. I maintain that FiM was at its best when the characters were allowed to breathe and have their own arcs, so this could amount to something good in the end. I also liked the song that played in the trailer; it reminded me of early FiM songs, which is definitely a good thing.

• Brohoof 2

Looks promising, tho at the same time the humor is not entirely catching me. That said; should be fun!

• Brohoof 4

Okay y'all, I actually think it's pretty cute. I might be the only one who likes it, but tbh Idc. I'm so excited to see where this goes. ^_^

I may not be the target demographic, but I'll still enjoy it. I think it looks better than PL imo.

This isn't even gonna be the main series, the movie style one is.

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, CastletonSnob said:

Hasbro didn't learn their lesson from Pony Life; that you just can't tell any good story in only 5 minutes.

Sign of the times unfortunately. Something tells me Hasbro wouldn't be trying to catch lightning in a bottle with that formula if Instagram and TikTok hadn't made micro videos a thing. It became such a thing that now YouTube has a Shorts feature, and other apps are doing similar things. Hasbro is just chasing the money, chasing what's trendy like what companies do. I believe their spokesperson admitted about as much in the previous trailer—that TYT is designed to be put out fast and regularly to squeeze everything they can get out of the YouTube algorithm.

At the end of the day this is essentially G5 Pony Life, so my expectations aren't that high. I reserve that for the September show, which is adventure-based, not comedy-based, and has the same animation as the movie. The comics look like they could be good too.

• Brohoof 1

I feel like Izzy is being a bit too jarring in this episode. Like she was a lot calmer in the movie even when there were intriguing things happening. Like, I get that her personality is like Pinkie Pie, but the difference between this and the movie is enough to make it feel off, I guess.

• Brohoof 3

People are generally reacting more positively to news for this now, funny how opinions change. With the first episode likely being about Izzy being "a nightmare roommate", I hope people don't start to turn on her after finding her annoying in this show. :P In all seriousness, I'm still mostly expecting this show to be of decent quality, not much worse or better than alright. 

• Brohoof 3

Considering the length of each episode, the art style, and the overall premise, the idea of getting what you paid for comes to mind. I'll give this a chance as who knows? It might be better than appearances suggest. Sure, it won't be groundbreaking but then that was never this show's intention.

• Brohoof 3

I'll give it a chance then.

The art style is really bad in my opinion. Especially the legs. I hope the animation budget will be higher than Pony Life.

• Brohoof 2

15 minutes ago, Splashee said:

I'll give it a chance then.

The art style is really bad in my opinion. Especially the legs. I hope the animation budget will be higher than Pony Life.

Yes, that's the other problem that I have. In my opinion, I think that they should have either used the G4 style or the 2D style seen in the intro to the movie.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

Horrible, absolutely horrible. I’m sick to death of kids shows looking like this. When will they realise that this is not the way to go? :(

For as long as corporates drive the development of shows instead of giving creatives the room to craft.

The only content corporates understand is demographics, trends, and easily recognized stereotypes. :yeahno: 

• Brohoof 2

pony lifeish :3 not so much lore and more about girly relateable things. nice VAing though.

as someone who was ok with Pony life I am happy with that. will be looking forward to the full pony release later though

• Brohoof 3