Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could the Mane Six have brought Anakin Skywalker back to the Light.

TheUnknownPhantom5

So what if Twilight Sparkle and her friends encounter the sith lord Darth Vader? Formally known as Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker. Now I'm sure at first they would fight him, because to them Darth Vader would be seen as an evil villian. Especialy if he was with Tirek, Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow. But what if they learned about Darth Vader's past, and who Anakin was as a person before he fell to the Dark Side.

Would the Mane Six be able to Bring Anakin back to the light, and more importantly would they try to?

A "dark" being is a traumatized being. True trauma cannot be healed so easily. It is a co-creative process. If I were him, I would slice these talking horses to pieces, and let the rest watch how I strangle the life out of their leader, just for trying to use their "fix it" magic power on me.
But then again, you have to put yourself in the place of the character, touch the wound. Feel how the pain creates a darkness inside of you, that veils your senses. And soon after, you are expressing the trauma, you are turning that pain into harm. Whether is self-harm or harm directed towards others, depends on the power, not as in the "force" in a star wars sense, but the "power" of the individual. So, it is unlikely to go well.
But the show makes it look so easy. And star wars is yet another over-simplification, when it comes to represent the true nature and source of what is believed to be "dark force" or evil in this plane of existance. It is a caricature. And so is mlp in that regard.

Real healing is such a difficult process. It almost seems impossible sometimes. It has been eons already for humanity. So many wars were allowed to happen, only so they could express the original trauma that resulted from the fracture in the creator family. And still, the great majority of humanity exist in a state of trauma that they perceive as normality. Therefore the collective amnesia, therefore "what is reality?" "where do I come from?" "how did it all begin?". Do you understand how difficult it is?

There is nothing that a good old fashioned fully armed and operational rainbow laser to the face cannot solve. It worked wonders for Princess Luna when she was Nightmare Moon. Sure he could also be turned into stone as a result. But on the bright side you do get an awesome statue of Darth Vadar out of it. But whatever method is used, it could probably be done. Although it would be a really surreal sight to behold.

Anakin chose to go to the dark side when he thought it could save those he loved. As Vader, he witnesses his son go through similar trials of choosing his friend's over power, and not giving in to hatred even when all seemed lost. Vader sees that Luke, an extension of himself, could walk a different path and still succeed.

Not only that, but when Anakin becomes Vader, he thinks he's lost everything. There is no one close to him to save. All he has left is power. When Luke enters the picture, it becomes his mission to seek him out. Externally as a way to strengthen the empire, but internally to reconnect with what he's lost. He can't protect those he loves while Palpatine actively attempts to kill his son before him.

I don't think the main six have the capacity to get that far with him emotionally.

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, TheUnknownPhantom5 said:

Would the Mane Six be able to Bring Anakin back to the light, and more importantly would they try to?

Depends if a Sith Lord is actually seen as a bad thing for friendship. They might not bother. The Mane 6 is all about friendship.

6 hours ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

fully armed and operational rainbow laser to the face

The best diplomat I know.

The ashes of Scotty from Star Trek are aboard the International Space  Station - The Verge

13 hours ago, They call me Loyalty said:

A "dark" being is a traumatized being. True trauma cannot be healed so easily. It is a co-creative process. If I were him, I would slice these talking horses to pieces, and let the rest watch how I strangle the life out of their leader, just for trying to use their "fix it" magic power on me.
But then again, you have to put yourself in the place of the character, touch the wound... *snip*

Well... maybe? I don't think the trauma had as much of an impact on his downslide as you might think. A LOT of people have gone through a "Sandpeople slaughtering" moment in their lives, albeit a less violent one. We all have a dark side in us, and sooner or later, we realize it when it just leaps out of us unexpectedly, and then we're left in shock, disbelief that we are capable of such things. He had remorse afterwards. He still hated the Tusken raiders, but he also hated that he hated them, because he knew it was wrong. But later on? Anakin had to CHOOSE to join the dark side. The Jedi are as much to blame for that as Palpatine. The people Anakin trusted, deceived him and used him for their own purposes, and then tried to murder his mentor. And then he believed his wife had even aligned herself with the Jedi who had now fallen from high esteem. So, yeah... a lot of Anakin's problems are actually friendship issues. If I were to compare him to any villain in the show, the closest match is probably Stygian.

About immediately trying to slaughter them... that really doesn't sound like Vader. Unless you're an Admiral who really screwed up, or part of an army on the full offensive, Vader is usually shown to be a negotiator. Sure, he'll go on a rampage when Palpatine tells him to, but when left to make his own choices, he's more reserved. He'll try to talk you down and win you over. So it becomes then, a battle of wits and words rather than swords. Even in the middle of a fight, he doesn't really taunt so much as he debates. This gives the Ponies some wiggle room for correspondence, instead of simply having to go straight for the rainbow Kamehamehaha to avoid being slaughtered.

4 hours ago, Splashee said:

Depends if a Sith Lord is actually seen as a bad thing for friendship. They might not bother. The Mane 6 is all about friendship.

From what I know of their theology, Jedi is actually no better. "Attachment" is forbidden. "Train yourself to let go of all you fear to lose." I find that the Jedi and the Sith are both far too one-dimensional in their dogmas. One rejects the human heart completely, while the other kowtows only to the most primal parts of it. Just as interesting a question would be, would the Ponies have tried to pull him away from the Jedi if they knew what he was going through? Trixie nearly committed suicide when Twilight tried to interfere in her relationship with Starlight, so the Ponies certainly know better than to try to tear apart people who care for one another, or worse, try to make someone STOP caring for another.

Anakin was a creature of love, and the Jedi were suppressing it. There were problems from the moment Anakin and Padme had feelings for each other, and the fact that they had to keep it such a dark secret, is far too familiar to stories I hear about the crazy restrictions religious cults place on the minds of children.

I know ponies can't explore dark themes, but Starlight and Tempest Shadow / Fizzlepop Berrytwist are as close to Lord Vader / Anakin as a pony can get and they were won over by the mane 6.

Cosy Palpatine couldn't be.

Nor could Tirek Maul.

Count Dookucord was ultimately won over by the ponies, but it was tougher than winning over Starlight / Tempest.

14 minutes ago, abrony-mouse said:

I know ponies can't explore dark themes, but Starlight and Tempest Shadow / Fizzlepop Berrytwist are as close to Lord Vader / Anakin as a pony can get and they were won over by the mane 6.

Or Star Wars in general.

Military shows up with overwhelming forces and advanced technology. 2nd in Command is a very powerful sorcerer in-spite of being crippled. Party goes to a run-down port town in the middle of a searing desert in search of a smuggler pilot who will take them to get reinforcements. Emperor only shows up in holograms until the finale when his ultimate weapon becomes operational.

Yeeeeah...

I doubt it. Anakin turned back to the light to save his son from being fried by Palpatine. He was constantly conflicted yes, but he needed a huge push and seeing his son suffer was that push. I don't think there would be anything the Mane Six could do to match up with that.

There are some beings that cannot be reformed. Not all evil has the ability to turn to the light, even if that evil used to be light.

Now, in Anakin's scenario, whether he would be able to turn to the light depends on what stage of his life you are talking about and what method would be used to try to turn him to the light. Are you referring to Anakin in "Revenge of The Sith", right before he kneeled to Palpatine and destroyed the Jedi temple? Or after he burned on Mustafar and had to get a suit of dark armor? And what method would be used? Try to make him feel guilt? Try to make him feel sorrow? Or maybe the rainbow laser of the elements of harmony? Such questions are important in determining if Anakin could be turned to the light.