Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Twilight Sparkle had the power to activate The Rumbling?

TheUnknownPhantom5

So I've mentioned the idea of The Rumbling coming to Equestria before. First a recap of what The Rumbling is. It is a cataclysmic event involving Karl Fritz's Wall Titans marching across the earth, destroying all life upon it. Now if Twilight Sparkle had the abilty to activate The Rumbling what would she do.

Would she.

A. Just activate it, and destory the entire world outside of Equestria no questions asked.

B. Only unleash a few hundred Wall Titans instead of all Ten Million, but instead of having them Destroy anything she has them stand in a formation, and sends out a message to the lands outside of Equestria letting them know that she can do this, and if she's given no other option she will activate The Full Rumbling.

C. Not activate The Rumbling at all and just give up and let Equestria be destroyed.

D. Activate The Full Rumbling, but only as a last resort if she was given no other options.

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to What if Twilight Sparkle had the power to activate The Rumbling?

I'm gonna go with option E: Twilight uses her magic to make the ending of AoT not absolute shite. Realistically, choice D is the most accurate to her character but god do I wish Twilight could use magic save the show. 

Hey. I watched the first season of that anime. It was kinda mediocre all around, and I've heard it was poorly resolved, too.
But, I am gonna try to answer to this deeply philosophical question. Let me see. I think twilight would try to stop the rumbling, along with any other unhealthy practice, like watching anime in general. That is like getting your daily food for thought at mcdonald's. Talk about babylon...

Does that make sense?

I would say D. Twilight doesn't want to kill. But if Equestria is in severe danger and it's the only option, I can see her using it, but only as a means of protection. The rumbling can be deactivated at any time, right? I think she would only use it a little bit until their enemies give up. But again, she wouldn't be happy to use it in the first place...

The Friending must be unleashed! :D 

Spoiler

To take the question seriously :P only a Twicopath like Cosy Glow would have released the Rumbling. Having watched the show, I don't know if I believe the Eren I saw during the first few seasons would release the rumbling either. The show is trying hard to explain it as a reaction to historic punishment of Eldians and need for titan power vs fear of titans driving Marleyan oppression, but I'm not sure I'm buying it. (That said, what they did with Eren created some great opportunities - the whole infiltration stuff was exciting.) 

General thoughts on attack on Titan - fun lore and visuals. Some heart crushing moments recently. It's piqued my interest and I want to see how it ends! So that is fun :3 There are some silly things for sure, like suddenly Eren can [spoilered - even though you're in a spoilery thread ]

Spoiler

see the future and change the past(!?)

Also, the titans are so random. Why is there a female titan? Also why is there not a Pink titan?

full.png

Also, [spoilery]

Spoiler

warhammer titan was such a sweet concept for it to be immediately beaten :( 

6 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

I'm gonna go with option E: Twilight uses her magic to make the ending of AoT not absolute shite. Realistically, choice D is the most accurate to her character but god do I wish Twilight could use magic save the show.