Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think of the Mane Five's new voices?

CastletonSnob

I like them.  It really wasn't hard for me to get used to them, and I honestly think that they are going to a good job at capturing the personality of their characters.

• Brohoof 3

They're all acceptable so far, although they do feel a little bit phoned in, most likely due to them being in a series of YouTube shorts. I was especially worried about JJ Gerber as Hitch, but he seems to be doing alright so far. I do wonder how the new team will fare with episodes that demand a bit more from them though. I have a bit of faith that they will handle it fine, but most of these actors have limited experience under their belts, so we shall see.

• Brohoof 2

Overall their fine for a YouTube short, expect I can't seem to get on board with Izzy's voice for some reason.  We'll have to see how well they can perform with improved production quality for the specials and mane series when they have to detach from the zanny and use their voices to give all their heart and soul into a role.

• Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

I can't seem to get on board with Izzy's voice for some reason

She didn't really hold up to the movie version. The movie one was more energetic and cute.

• Brohoof 1

I really like them, they did a pretty good job of replicating the movie voices!

I'll miss the movie voices, sure, but I also understand that it wouldn't be possible to have them for the series.

• Brohoof 3

These new voices are just fine. Sure, they were a little rough around the edges but with time comes experience and thus more confidence.

• Brohoof 1

They seemed to do an alright job for the most part. While the differences were noticeable to me, they weren't too distracting. The only one that is very noticeably different to me is Izzy; she isn't the same without Kimiko Glen voicing her. Overall, while the voice acting in TYT isn't up to par with FiM and the G5 movie, it's alright for what it is.

• 2 weeks later...