Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sprout is a wanted criminal?

Toastypk

You do know Sprouts is not the only red pony with blonde hair; Big Macintosh is a  pony with red fur and blonde mane for example.

Point is simple: don't just assume that it is Sprout on the Wanted poster until we actually see for sure

Oh, and about the "manipulation can be a good thing" phrase... no. I don't buy that. I think it's a very creepy thing to do in friendship and it shouldn't be allowed.

People make friends because they want and they find them likeable, not because they want to manipulate them. If you have friends by applying ideas based on manipulation, then you have none of them.

• Brohoof 2

14 hours ago, Will Guide said:

You do know Sprouts is not the only red pony with blonde hair; Big Macintosh is a  pony with red fur and blonde mane for example.

Point is simple: don't just assume that it is Sprout on the Wanted poster until we actually see for sure

Difference is Big Macintosh is dead (and he had an orange mane)

2. There's no other pony that's red and blonde in the movie (that we have yet to see) but it wouldn't make sense to put a random pony that supposedly happens to have a red coat, and a blonde slick-back hair due the way Sprout does. 

On 2022-04-11 at 6:41 PM, EpicEnergy said:

I don't see why it couldn't be possible that Sprout is wanted in Maretime Bay, so I think it's feasible. With that said, it would need some explaining as to why Sprout is wanted when all he did was manipulate ponies into building a machine for himself and destroyed property. Not really criminal actions if you ask me, just enough to get him some time spent doing community service as a punishment, like maybe a few weeks.

"Not a criminal." You say as he managed to star a war in a day.  (Destroying property, and coercion are considered crimes though right?)

I don't understand why he would be wanted considering the ending of the movie. Nothing made it seem like he was going to be on the lam.

15 hours ago, Will Guide said:

I’m sure that Sprout in the wanted post, but I’m not expecting that to be anything more than a joke. Sprout’s surely showing up like normal sooner or later

12 hours ago, Ring Team said:

Oh, and about the "manipulation can be a good thing" phrase... no. I don't buy that. I think it's a very creepy thing to do in friendship and it shouldn't be allowed.

People make friends because they want and they find them likeable, not because they want to manipulate them. If you have friends by applying ideas based on manipulation, then you have none of them.

Your parents tries to manipulate you to be a good person. The law manipulates you to follow it's every whim or punishes you. The school manipulates you to learn what they want you to learn. The media manipulates you to buy what they want 

And your friends manipulate you to like them and follow their ways aka peer pressure. And most of this manipulation happens unconsciously. And I'm sure you've manipulated some some too? 

It's a brain washed world...

51 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

Your parents tries to manipulate you to be a good person. The law manipulates you to follow it's every whim or punishes you. The school manipulates you to learn what they want you to learn. The media manipulates you to buy what they want 

And your friends manipulate you to like them and follow their ways aka peer pressure. And most of this manipulation happens unconsciously. And I'm sure you've manipulated some some too? 

It's a brain washed world...

There's a difference between persuasion and manipulation you know. 

Manipulation is defined as "control or influence (a person or situation) cleverly, unfairly, or unscrupulously." Synonyms include "exploit, control, and influence." There is an inherent factor of deceit or deception to manipulation.

Friends don't manipulate one another. Convincing a friend of something by sharing honest opinions or providing facts isn't manipulation, it's persuasion. "Unconscious manipulation" isn't a thing unless there is something seriously wrong with a person (in which case, they need help to unlearn that behavior). 

What an odd way to view the world. I suppose why you're such a staunch fan of Starlight makes sense if this is how you view the world. 

• Brohoof 2

Before I begin, note that Sprout's mom walked around freely and going to places in Maretime Bay according to the latest episode of TYT, so if Sprout really was wanted, then his mom would have been interrogated or at least held in jail for the time being. So, this means that Sprout being wanted is likely just a joke or some random and unimportant detail in TYT.

8 hours ago, Star_Quake said:

"Not a criminal." You say as he managed to star a war in a day.  (Destroying property, and coercion are considered crimes though right?)

Destroying property, also called vandalism, isn't really a felony. It's a misdemeanor in the majority of cases. Even if the damage to the property is severe and costly, it's still not as bad of a crime as murder or stealing from a bank, and therefore the punishment is less severe. It would be unlikely for anyone to get a "wanted" status solely by committing vandalism.

Coercion is indeed a crime and makes one a criminal, but that isn't what Sprout did. Coercion, for example, is sticking a gun to someone's face and telling them to do something or else. Sprout didn't force anypony in Maretime Bay to join him in creating a machine and preparing to attack the other pony races, they willingly did it.

Starting a war isn't enough to make one a criminal, since the one starting the war is always the leader of the nation. In Sprout's case, he became the leader of the earth ponies and was going to start a war with the other pony races. He failed to start any war. While one does gain a wanted status by starting a war, Sprout didn't start a war or commit any war crimes.

With that said, Sprout shouldn't have been wanted by the citizens of Maretime Bay because he didn't really do anything other than commit vandalism. It is true that he had the intention of starting a war, but you can't say someone is a criminal or "wanted" solely based on their intentions. You would have to do it based on their actions.

8 hours ago, Star_Quake said:

I don't understand why he would be wanted considering the ending of the movie. Nothing made it seem like he was going to be on the lam.

Why did you present arguments that made it seem as if you supported the idea that Sprout is a criminal then? If you don't know why Sprout would be wanted, why bother taking a stance on whether he is  a criminal? It seems contradictory to do that.

hmmm

If sprout is on the run i hope we get a episode soley to him where he fends to himself and the forces of nature, like that one star vs episode with ludo. What if he comes across the other equestrian creatures like dragons or griffons and turns them against ponykind? or maybe he reawakens a g4 villan like sombra the mean 3 etc

As for sprouts fate i will say this, That wanted poster could also just mean he needs to go to trial or that hitch just misses him. I dont think he should go the prison as that is cruel but he should do some rehab or community service. Have sunny wanna give him "friendship lessons" but one of the other m5 stop her and note that he still needs to apologize and go through punishments. Minor ones cause i stilll think his actions were caused by pressure on his mom society and him wanting to be sheriff. I dont want him to go through character regression like starlight discord and any other g4 show "redeemed character"

As for the starlight discussion shes just a symptom or victim of a much bigger problem in the show like i said,, character regression. they obviously wanted to showcase her reliance on magic and wanted to show her lighten up on it but again like discord character regression. Shes and discord are still  very entertaining characters to me pre and post redemptions and half the things in ring teams photo are either exaggerations, reasonanable when you think about it or very small things

Edited by reesespuffed

6 hours ago, Scila Bell said:

There's a difference between persuasion and manipulation you know. 

Manipulation is defined as "control or influence (a person or situation) cleverly, unfairly, or unscrupulously." Synonyms include "exploit, control, and influence." There is an inherent factor of deceit or deception to manipulation.

Friends don't manipulate one another. Convincing a friend of something by sharing honest opinions or providing facts isn't manipulation, it's persuasion. "Unconscious manipulation" isn't a thing unless there is something seriously wrong with a person (in which case, they need help to unlearn that behavior). 

What an odd way to view the world. I suppose why you're such a staunch fan of Starlight makes sense if this is how you view the world. 

Ahh yes true! But at which point are you sure that you are actually persuading and manipulating? 

And yes friends don't INTENTIONALLY try to manipulate you... usually... But there are some friends who do.... Not all is perfect and one might say that that kinda person should not be considered a friend.... But then again there are a lot of complicated types of friendship. Who knows right? 

Friendship isn't one dimensional.

Some give tough love some are sarcastic... And some are weird.

For example discord.... Is he really a friend?

And twilight considered him a friend remember? 

Twilight saying that she considered discord a friend was mind boggling.

At what point did she consider him her a  friend?

So yeah... I also agree at your points.

Sometimes you really need to manipulate others...

Again you said.

Manipulation 

Yup it's really up to you if you consider manipulation bad.

Control, cleverly, exploit, influence manipulate... Depends on how you use it right?:muffins:

On 2022-04-11 at 11:35 PM, Scila Bell said:

Now in an attempt to keep this on topic... I want the exact opposite of what happened to Starlight to happen to Sprout. I want him to face some sort of punishment (jail time, community service, I'll take anything), have to work to gain trust from anyone, have to prove that he has changed, and not be handed an insane privilege on a platter. And most important of all, I want it to be actually shown over time. No heartfelt 2 minute montage. It shouldn't take over the entire show, but there shouldn't be an instant change either. 

Starlight should clearly have been punished. I like to think she was off-screen. She is stripped of her cutie mark and placed in a holding cell in Canterlot dungeon for risking the future of Equestria. She would have been sentenced to the moon but she was thought to be too valuable an asset. We actually only see her out on parole. That's my headcanon anyway :P

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Kujamih said:

Ahh yes true! But at which point are you sure that you are actually persuading and manipulating? 

And yes friends don't INTENTIONALLY try to manipulate you... usually... But there are some friends who do.... Not all is perfect and one might say that that kinda person should not be considered a friend.... But then again there are a lot of complicated types of friendship. Who knows right? 

Friendship isn't one dimensional.

Some give tough love some are sarcastic... And some are weird.

For example discord.... Is he really a friend?

And twilight considered him a friend remember? 

Twilight saying that she considered discord a friend was mind boggling.

At what point did she consider him her a  friend?

So yeah... I also agree at your points.

Sometimes you really need to manipulate others...

Again you said.

Manipulation 

Yup it's really up to you if you consider manipulation bad.

Control, cleverly, exploit, influence manipulate... Depends on how you use it right?:muffins:

Hmmmm....

"I'd rather manipulate my child and live another day and hate me, rather than my child be happy at me for their decision and die the next day...."🤔

Hmmm ( this is just me thinking up lines and what not....)

11 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

Destroying property, also called vandalism, isn't really a felony. It's a misdemeanor in the majority of cases. Even if the damage to the property is severe and costly, it's still not as bad of a crime as murder or stealing from a bank, and therefore the punishment is less severe. It would be unlikely for anyone to get a "wanted" status solely by committing vandalism.

Unfortunately where I live vandalism is not seen as a misdemeanor

Coercion is indeed a crime and makes one a criminal, but that isn't what Sprout did. Coercion, for example, is sticking a gun to someone's face and telling them to do something or else. Sprout didn't force anypony in Maretime Bay to join him in creating a machine and preparing to attack the other pony races, they willingly did it.

He did make them sign a "official sprout act." that made them not talk about the war he was planning to start. And though he wasn't pointing a gun towards anyone he was rude to the workers and made them work in situations where they could harm themselves 

Starting a war isn't enough to make one a criminal, since the one starting the war is always the leader of the nation. In Sprout's case, he became the leader of the earth ponies and was going to start a war with the other pony races. He failed to start any war. While one does gain a wanted status by starting a war, Sprout didn't start a war or commit any war crimes.

I never said he was a war criminal, nor do I think he is a war criminal ( he just committed basic crimes) but if it weren't for Sunny (and his mother) I'm pretty sure he would cause a lot of damage

Why did you present arguments that made it seem as if you supported the idea that Sprout is a criminal then? If you don't know why Sprout would be wanted, why bother taking a stance on whether he is  a criminal? It seems contradictory to do that.

I didn't, I was saying at the end of the film he was free wandering around in the movie. Asking his mother if he was a good sheriff (and in another storyboard for the film he's forced to apologize but that's it) I'm asking why did the movie make it seem like he was free, and then TYT says he's a wanted criminal?

5 hours ago, abrony-mouse said:

Starlight should clearly have been punished. I like to think she was off-screen. She is stripped of her cutie mark and placed in a holding cell in Canterlot dungeon for risking the future of Equestria. She would have been sentenced to the moon but she was thought to be too valuable an asset. We actually only see her out on parole. That's my headcanon anyway :P

Isn't it punishment enough to become Twilight's student? :muffins:

On 2022-04-12 at 1:43 AM, Ring Team said:

That doesn't justify the negligence of Starlight whenever she manipulated anyone. It's not only Every little thing she does, it's basically every episode where she uses magic as the main solution to a problem without considering this might backfire.

When I say Twilight shouldn't have given her a second chance, I don't specifically say "I want an episode where Twilight kills her". I think more like transforming her into a statue or sending her to the tartarus.

Starlight is one of the most accurate and realistic redemption stories that G4 had to offer.  It's true that folks don't just switch from evil to good, and when someone decides to leave behind the bad, that doesn't make the past all better.  I was grateful to the show to see how Starlight struggled after so many years of being a villain.  It was almost impossible for her to accept that her old town had forgiven her.  And yes, she's not 'all better', as we've seen.   And yes, she deserves punishment, but instead she has been granted friendship.

Folks who have been through a 12 step program, or are trying to dig themselves out of a hole they dug for themselves, folks who have wrecked relationships, see themselves in Starlight.   There are plenty of ppl out there who have caused harm to the point where folks want them to get turned into a statue or dropped into a hole forever.  The notion that someone can have a shot at redemption after such flawed and horrible actions, is one of the cool messages of G4.

3 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Starlight is one of the most accurate and realistic redemption stories that G4 had to offer.  It's true that folks don't just switch from evil to good, and when someone decides to leave behind the bad, that doesn't make the past all better.  I was grateful to the show to see how Starlight struggled after so many years of being a villain.  It was almost impossible for her to accept that her old town had forgiven her.  And yes, she's not 'all better', as we've seen.   And yes, she deserves punishment, but instead she has been granted friendship.

Folks who have been through a 12 step program, or are trying to dig themselves out of a hole they dug for themselves, folks who have wrecked relationships, see themselves in Starlight.   There are plenty of ppl out there who have caused harm to the point where folks want them to get turned into a statue or dropped into a hole forever.  The notion that someone can have a shot at redemption after such flawed and horrible actions, is one of the cool messages of G4.

Mane six did something questionably bad, no one bats an eye....

Starlight sees spike naked, everyone loses their minds!:ButtercupLaugh:

On 2022-04-24 at 3:40 PM, Kujamih said:

Mane six did something questionably bad, no one bats an eye....

Starlight sees spike naked, everyone loses their minds!:ButtercupLaugh:

Not to mention, well, this:

Twilight_Sludge_Scene.thumb.png.efb2f4a32a3d849d644e125298fc4d0c.png

So the new episode seems to lend credence to what's going on with Sprout.

Hitch needing a new deputy and working alone are things that are brought up.