Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the best/worst MLP fan-made animation you've ever seen?

Kitty_Cat

I haven't seen very many animations, the only one I can recall ever actually watching was that dreaded Cupcake one. 

What's the best or worst animation that you've ever seen? Whether it be for the plot (if any), the art style, or overall message of the animation, any opinions of why are welcome.

These do include meme animations, so meme away, if you have any!

No offense, but I do like how two people have already said "Cupcakes" without even specifying which Cupcakes animation they mean. Like...there's tons of them. :dash: If I had to say worst Cupcakes animation, I'd go with the one by tiarawhy (and I loved a lot of her other stuff). Worst animation to me period though that I could still find and I'm confident that I can post without getting in trouble though is, uh...this. 

Yeah, I've watched lots of MLP animations over the years besides just the popular ones. I know this one is likely "not supposed to have good animation"...but it's pretty badly scripted and unfunny, lol. So is Double Rainboom, but at least that has good animation. Best animation to me is this. 

Enjoyed it even more than Silly Filly Studios' Fall of the Crystal Empire. :fluttershy:

I don't have a worst (because I avoid that stuff). The best and most unforgettable story is Turnabout Storm, but the one video that matched the animation style best was Double Rainboom.

@Kitty_Cat

The section MLP:FiM Canon Discussion is designated for discussing the MLP:FiM series.

Your thread has been moved to Sugarcube Corner.

• Brohoof 1

I don't have one that I consider the worst I've seen, as I've liked most of MLP fan-made animations that I've watched.

My favorite one though, by far, is the Austraeoh fanfic anime intro - a fan-made animation based on the fanfic Austraeoh.

Warning: it spoils much of the fanfic Austraeoh, so if you plan to read it at some point then don't watch this video.

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

The worst... Hm... It was so horrible, I turned it off after just a few seconds. I definitely avoid this sickening stuff!

My favorites are many of the Rhythm is Magic animations. :) The music is top and the animations are perfect too! :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Best: Too many to name.  Those that stand out are Lullaby for a Princess by Warpout,  Remembrance by Argodaemon, and Mane Six vs Mean Six by Space Oddpony. 

Worst:  Anything grimdark or similar.  (Cupcakes, Smile HD, etc) I appreciate the work they put into it, but it’s not my thing.  

• Brohoof 1

Any of that violent stuff is definitely the worst. Especially when so much effort is put into making it so horrible.

I’ve been meaning to dig into the better fan stuff for a while now. There’s a lot of Ponies in Real Life videos that I love. Brings to life what I think we all dream of. :BrightMacContent:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP

Worst: I hate to say a person on this but the stuff by MisterDavie. This includes Cupcakes and Smile HD, like seriously, when I saw Smile HD's thumbnail, I knew that it was trouble. I saw someone react to it and man how horrible it was. I did what I could to hide the animation itself. The other worst animation for me was that Dusk Before Dawn. My gosh...I'm so sorry but what in the world where they thinking? The voice acting was unconvincing and so generic and the story was very weak. 

Best: There are a lot of animations to pick but the some of the best ones are: 

Snowdrop: A very sweet story; the production was so well done and the voice acting was really convincing. 

Argol and Argodemon make excellent animations. I also give a shout-out to the sfm community. They make some of the best MLP animations. 

On 2022-04-17 at 2:49 PM, Sonic Shimmer said:

Best: Lullaby for a Princess, hands down

Worst: Too many to count, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by being specific.

Woah! So intense, yet so heartbreaking. The song really tells the story well. Thanks for sharing! :ooh:

19 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

There’s a lot of Ponies in Real Life videos that I love. Brings to life what I think we all dream of. :BrightMacContent:

Yes? I only know the one you recommended to me and StormXF3. I want to see the others too, please share (if you want to :blush:).

4 minutes ago, Heasol said:

Yes? I only know the one you recommended to me and StormXF3. I want to see the others too, please share (if you want to :blush:).

It was just those ones actually. Sorry I didn’t have more. :twismile:

The best is unquestionable is Lullaby for a Princess. Between the animation, story, and music; nothing surpasses it IMO.

The worst? Probably the pony.mov series, but they just generally did not appeal to me.

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

There it is.

Oh no, I forgot about this one! :BornAgainBrony: That’s definitely one of the worst ones. Anything by the YouTuber who made Smile HD is pretty bad too.

The best animation in my opinion is The Moon Rises. It’s stylistic, fluid, and it tells a good story visually.