Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hitch Fans Rejoice!

Stancet

Tell Your Tale has finally created a Hitch-centric episode, "The Unboxing of Izzy".

Of course most of us who love Hitch were pleasantly surprised by how charming, sensible and unintentionally funny he turned out to be. If you enjoy Tell Your Tale, this latest episode contains all those things about Hitch we like.

• Brohoof 2

I've seen the episode now, and it's a good one! :fluttershy: Weird how Hitch's first moment in the show where he got to shine was in Nightmare Roommate, an Izzy episode, and now an episode with Izzy's name in the title is more about him. Do you sense a pattern? I do. :mlp_nom:

15 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I've seen the episode now, and it's a good one! :fluttershy: Weird how Hitch's first moment in the show where he got to shine was in Nightmare Roommate, an Izzy episode, and now an episode with Izzy's name in the title is more about him. Do you sense a pattern? I do. :mlp_nom:

Not sure. Maybe the next episode will have Hitch’s name and be about some pony else.

I feel the episode was primarily focused on Izzy, but Hitch definitely had a strong purpose too.

I'd love to see an episode that really truely does revolve around him.

And it's worth noting that so far he is the only one who hasn't shown that cutie mark glowing effect. Everypony else did it so far.

Hot take here, but I think Hitch has especially gotten the shaft in this new show.  Hitch was the logical, down-to-Earth, voice of reason in the film, and so far he hasn't been that in this new series.  There was one time when he was given the opportunity to give advice, where he felt more like a supporting character than a Mane Five pony, and it was prefaced with an unnecessary gag of him tying himself up with the cord of the phone at his desk.  Between that, and the first episode, where I think he was portrayed as an airhead along with Izzy, Zipp and Pipp in order to give Sunny the opportunity to be the logical one...and I think he's been done dirty. 

This latest episode gives Hitch some much needed time in the spotlight, but...I don't actually think it developed him in any meaningful way.  Not only is he a bit of an airhead again for not ensuring all the Unicorn traps are taken down, and again for not remembering to the end how to disable one, along with getting trapped himself in another one...but the bulk of the episode just amounts to him thinking he is doing a bad job as a tour guide, only to be told "no, you're actually a good tour guide".  I suppose it's an extension of Zipp and Pipp trying a thing, failing, being discouraged before somepony else encourages them, leading them to more or less succeed.  Hitch's thing just feels less important, I guess, not that the stakes are very high in any of the cases.  Heck, it's not even established that Hitch failed, so much as he just thought he did.  More importantly though, none of it seems to be of any real consequence to Hitch as a character. 

I get that TYT is the more lighthearted series that isn't trying too hard in the character development department, but yeah, I think Hitch has especially gotten the shaft here, maybe along with Sunny too, and Izzy to an extent.  I will say, where the Pegasus sisters got the short end of the stick in the movie, they seem to be getting the most of the spotlight in so far in this series.  I know it's an ongoing series, and the other ponies might get more focus later on, but...yeah, I don't actually think Hitch has been used to good effect as of yet even after seeing this latest episode.  

• Brohoof 1

@AlbaTross

He'll come to his own, I think. Spike was always sort of the odd one out with the other mane 6, and was the target of occassional slapstick and such. Hitch isn't quite Spike level just yet. He's gonna have episodes where he shines, I'm sure.

2 hours ago, AlbaTross said:

There was one time when he was given the opportunity to give advice, where he felt more like a supporting character than a Mane Five pony

I'm guessing that's their living conditions, what with having to find him outside of where they live. The four girls all share the same lighthouse, but Hitch, already living in Maretime Bay, must already have his own place. (With paid off mortgage, too!)

Edited by Toastypk

15 hours ago, Toastypk said:

I'm guessing that's their living conditions, what with having to find him outside of where they live. The four girls all share the same lighthouse, but Hitch, already living in Maretime Bay, must already have his own place. (With paid off mortgage, too!)

I thought about that too. Hitch doesn't need to hang out at Sunny's place if he has a place of his own. 

But I do get the impression the Mane 5 are supposed to be staying in Maretime Bay long-term but I hope there will be living arrangements in Zipp, Pipp and Izzy's places so we see more of where they live.

21 hours ago, Toastypk said:

@AlbaTross

He'll come to his own, I think. Spike was always sort of the odd one out with the other mane 6, and was the target of occassional slapstick and such. Hitch isn't quite Spike level just yet. He's gonna have episodes where he shines, I'm sure.

True.  That's clearly one area in which Hitch is going to take a backseat though, as anytime there's a moment depicting home life he will be absent due to being at his place, or at work.  Oh well, I guess it is a huge step having a stallion in the Mane Five regardless, and it might take time for that dynamic to be fully explored, so for now, it's possible the mares will have a slight bit more of the spotlight in spite of all five making up the Mane Cast.  

5 hours ago, Stancet said:

I thought about that too. Hitch doesn't need to hang out at Sunny's place if he has a place of his own. 

But I do get the impression the Mane 5 are supposed to be staying in Maretime Bay long-term but I hope there will be living arrangements in Zipp, Pipp and Izzy's places so we see more of where they live.

Yeah...that would go a long way towards making the world of G5 seem more lively.  I highly doubt it will ever reach the awesomeness of pre-apocalypse Equestria, but maybe seeing more of the other locations, especially Bridlewood which was kind of neglected in the film, would help.