Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who's your favorite G2 pony?

Ika Musume

G2 didn't really make it to North America much. Over here it was basically the skipped generation, to the point that a lot of people think the My Little Pony Tales show was G2, when it was really late G1.

Bright Bramley is really the only G2 pony I know a bunch about, so I guess I have to call her my favourite. :)

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Fhaolan said:

Bright Bramley is really the only G2 pony I know a bunch about, so I guess I have to call her my favourite. :)

Ah, yes; the possible relative of Applejack XD

Edited by Ika Musume
  • Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to Who's your favorite G2 pony?
  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)

My favorite G2 character is Bon Bon.

She loves food and she really wants to be a model when she is older.

This evokes possibilities of her having conflict between what she currently loves and what she wants to become.

That is something that would more than relatable, and I think that makes her one of the deepest characters of the show.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
On 2022-04-24 at 8:37 PM, Ika Musume said:

Ah, yes; the possible relative of Applejack XD

I love that! I wish they named her "Applejack" it would connect the universe.

My fave G2s are Clever Clover, Princess Silverswirl, Prince Firefly (those are some of my all time faves), and if I list the rest it will seem like too many, but I've put them in other threads. I also made my ponysona, Luminary, into G2- a "basic" version, a prince, and a unicorn. The G2 unicorns often had wings and names ending in "Glow" like "Golden Glow" or "Diamond Glow." There is also a winged G2 named "Spring," whose wings are a bit different. I made "Luminary Glow's" wings like Spring's, but they used to be Sweet Bee's wings from She-ra.

G2Luminarys!.thumb.jpg.e7c52bf6b8c6a4036754e34e6c9fdc16.jpg

G2Luminarys!.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-05-06 at 7:56 AM, Rosy Moonlight said:

My favorite G2 character is Bon Bon.

She loves food and she really wants to be a model when she is older.

This evokes possibilities of her having conflict between what she currently loves and what she wants to become.

That is something that would more than relatable, and I think that makes her one of the deepest characters of the show.

Except, MLP Tales was not G2. G2 was from the mid to late 90s, and had no animated adaptation 

• 2 months later...

Sweetheart, Clover and Patch are my favorites, I'm not sure why MLP Tales is sometimes overlooked, you can quickly get through the series, it's got relatable characters to different extents, I may just be ultimately the lack of unicorns and Pegasi... But I loved this series

• 1 month later...

Clever Clover with the leg up is adorable. I also love Moon Shadow -- Galaxy is my favorite G1, and Moon Shadow looks just like Galaxy if she hopped universes and became an earth pony. I also like Miss Painter.

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-12-20 at 3:15 PM, waterf1re said:

Clever Clover with the leg up is adorable. I also love Moon Shadow -- Galaxy is my favorite G1, and Moon Shadow looks just like Galaxy if she hopped universes and became an earth pony. I also like Miss Painter.

Awesome! :squee: