Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I made a S9 Finale song! Check it out

MelodyBrony

Hey ya'll! I am MelodyBrony, a fandom musician. I have worked with countless fandom musicians and have performed in events such as BronyPalooza and other con concerts. I joined the Fandom back in 2016, due to my sister watching the show, I started watching it too lol. If you want to check out my music, I actually just released a song about the S9 Finale called F.I.N! Check it out here:

• Brohoof 2

Okay, here goes 

The first thing is your mixing. Your vocals need to be turned up in the mix. I had to focus and strain a little hear them. They were drowned out by the other instruments. I like the strings, but again, they suffered because they were drowned out in the mix. The mixing really put a damper on this piece because there were certain instruments that needed to be turned up that were low in the mix. 

Your drums, especially your kick could use more power. That kick almost sounded like a bouncing beach ball and that's not a good sounding kick at all. Add more lows to the kit and give it a little more space, which is most likely the reason why it's sounding so tight and mono. 

In terms of your chords, I see you went with the i-VI-iv-VI-VII knowing you're in C minor. That's a decent progression. However, a better progression would've been

i-VI-iv-VII-III-iv-VI-V7

Having that V adds solidarity to your progression so it could have a true resolution. Using the relative major of C minor, which is E-flat would really bring out the theme of the series finishing up, because you could allude to the final song of the show itself. To get to e-flat from c minor, use the VII. To get back to c minor from E-flat, use the V of vi, which is G7 according to the key of E-flat. 

Lastly, your lyrics...I hate to be honest but...they were quite cheesy. I felt that you told too much rather than showing the final moments. I heard a few cliche phrases in there like "Everything's gonna be alright" and "with my friends by my side". I see what you were trying to say about finishing up and moving on...the concept is there, but the lyrics need work. 

All in all, this piece could use quite a bit of work. I hope I wasn't too harsh, but I usually am this detailed with my feedback. I hope you're not offended...:worry:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2022-04-25 at 6:27 AM, MelodyBrony said:

Hey ya'll! I am MelodyBrony, a fandom musician. I have worked with countless fandom musicians and have performed in events such as BronyPalooza and other con concerts. I joined the Fandom back in 2016, due to my sister watching the show, I started watching it too lol. If you want to check out my music, I actually just released a song about the S9 Finale called F.I.N! Check it out here:

I love music and I love making such interesting clips, which are related to the work and art of my favorite cartoon. In addition, for inspiration at https://writingbros.com/essay-examples/concert-review/ I often read various articles and reviews of concerts, which allows me to find inspiration and ideas for my music parts.

This is very cool, my friend!