Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I have all these G1 ponies (concave feet, both years one and two) but they have so many variations! Can anyone help me to identify exactly what they are?

amb1937

I got these yesterday in a batch, but they all have so many variations I am having trouble positively identifying them. I know their names and what generation they are, but the rest is a mystery. All have concave feet and various dates, though they are all early 80's.

First 3 photos are Cotton Candy, she is a 1982 pony (G1), with concave feet. However, she has violet eyes and a pink mane and white tail! Also she has a short mane - has this been trimmed by a child or is it a variation?

2nd 3 photos are Bowtie, she is a year one G1 (made 1982), but this one is blue with a pink mane and tail. What variation is she? She seems to be in a different pose from the classic Lickety, who normally has her head to one side.

3rd 3 are a 1982 G1 butterscotch, except this one has a short mane and tail - have these been trimmed or did she come like this originally? She has some highlighter on her face as well, does anyone have a tried and tested way of removing this?

4th 3 photos are a G1 Peachy, 1982. However her pose and mane colour is correct, my research is not finding her on any of the MLP databases for that year - the only one that matches her is a year 2 from a playset. Is she from a playset, or is it just these databases are incomplete? Again, has her mane been trimmed or did she come with the short hair?

5th 3 photos are what I believe to be a G1 Cherries Jubilee. However, she has the pose of the year three release. Her mane and tail are also the correct colour and length, so am thinking she is a year 3? Date on her foot is 1984.

Any help is appreciated with these ponies, they are slightly different from the ones I have found during my research, so am a bit confused at the moment!

Thanks

IMG_3105.JPG

IMG_3106.JPG

IMG_3107.JPG

IMG_3111.JPG

IMG_3112.JPG

IMG_3113.JPG

IMG_3114.JPG

IMG_3115.JPG

IMG_3116.JPG

IMG_3117.JPG

IMG_3118.JPG

IMG_3119.JPG

IMG_3120.JPG

• Brohoof 1

All of them are pretty much standard. Cotton Candy doesn't have the correct tail (has been modified).

Bow Tie, which is the Euro version.

• Brohoof 1

In general, the trimmed manes/tails were done by kids. That's pretty much a given.

Cotton Candy is an interesting one, as there were variants released in France, Italy, and Mexico that had both pink and white manes/tails according to http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/G1_Cotton_Candy. And the image for Mexican Variant IV is reversed where the mane is white and the tail is pink. So it wouldn't surprise me that there were other variants not listed with the mane/tail color being random, both white, both pink, white tail/pink mane, pink tail/white mane, depending on the mood of the working installing the hair at the time. The reason for all the G1 variants in the first place being a rather slapdash approach to quality control anyway.

Bowtie supposedly showed up with the 'Collector Pose' as that's called in Europe and Argentina? http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/G1_Bow_Tie

Sorry, I don't know how to remove the marks. I know there are people who do toy restoration in the fandom, but I don't know if any of them are on *this* forum.

The various systems I use to identify ponies tend to be a bit vague on precise dates, so I can't help with the next two. Sorry.

• Brohoof 1