Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(Help with fan fiction) Would Season 1 Rainbow Dash do this?

TheUnknownPhantom5

Okay. So this is another question about the fanfiction I'm writing. However instead of this being a scene I'm thinking about doing, it's about something I already did. So in my rewrite of Over a Barrel I had Apple Bloom break her leg after being knocked of the train by the bufflo. So in the recent chapters I've written Apple Bloom has been using crutches due to her injury. So in the next chapter, and orignal episode titled Distress, Twilight decieds to take everyone on a hiking trip including Apple Bloom. Due to her injury Apple Bloom needs extra help. This causes Rainbow Dash to start complaining about all the stops they have to make, and how they have to go the longer route instead of the shorter one. It gets to the point where Rainbow Dash yells at Apple Bloom and makes her cry.

So my question is would Season 1 Rainbow Dash do something like this?

I should mention that Rainbow Dash doesn't yell at Apple Bloom because of her injury Rainbow Dash yells at her because Apple Bloom accidentally looses the map the group was using to get to their final destination. Twilight ask Apple Bloom to hold it when they come to fork in the path and she goes to see which path is more suitable for Apple Bloom. As Apple Bloom is holding a map a bird flies out of nowhere and startles her, causing her to drop the map into a river and it gets swept away.

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to (Help with fan fiction) Would Season 1 Rainbow Dash do this?

If you're wondering whether she might do it, then she probably wouldn't.
And if you have some doubts about it, then your reader will most likely have similar doubts when reading it.
This doesn't necessarily mean that Rainbow Dash couldn't possibly do that – everyone is capable of doing all sorts of things in certain circumstances. So the real question here is why would Rainbow Dash do it, and what circumstances could make her do it. It is your job as a writer to discover her motivation (if you really want to write a story in which she does that, that is). The reader must understand her position well enough in order to still be on her side when she does it, or at least understand what motivated her to that, even if the reader is not very fond of her actions. Motivation of the character is everything in such cases.

• Brohoof 1

I don’t think it’s completely out of the question for season 1 rainbow dash. To be honest, she was kind of an asshole that entire season before her character started to develop and improve. 
Just as SasQ said, as long as there’s something to frustrate her to build up to the yelling, it could be in character. Would especially make sense if Rainbow was learning a lesson on patience as well: something she needed to learn in season 1. 

Rainbow comes off as the youngest in the mane 6 to me, at least mentally and attitude-wise, so I don’t think it’s impossible that she could have an outburst like that. Maybe Rainbow is dealing with a personal stress? Maybe she never wanted to come along but wanted to support her friends? Lots of options there

• Brohoof 3