Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

resolved Debate forum not allowing me to view despite having sufficient posts.

Kitty_Cat

I have over 50 and 100 posts/comments, which should let me view and participate in the debate forum respectively. I have nearly 300 and I can't see anything, instead I get the error saying I have not posted enough. Is it an error with my account or with that particular forum? I'm aware that my account is old and some of my posts may have been bugged/removed due to an error at some point (it happened to one of my roleplay characters, oof).

If I've understood everything correctly, then staff have not yet opened up that forum to the public, and therefore it is inaccessible until the staff open it up. @Jeric said they will open it up once all staff members have been properly trained to moderate it, a long post is made regarding its rules, and certain staff members are chosen to oversee it. Also, the reason that specific error message pops up is likely because it is being used to prevent any user from accessing the debate forums until it reopens, and that the message doesn't indicate anything other than the forum being closed to the public.

You can find more information regarding the debate forum in this topic: Debate Pit Returning - Throne Room - MLP Forums.

• Brohoof 4

@Kitty_Cat

This is not a technical issue.

Like the two users above have mentioned, the Debate Pit of Tartarus is not open to users at this time. 

The thread @Jeric made was not declaring its immediate opening. It was declaring its upcoming opening.

Reading the announcement regarding this, you’ll see that it it will be made available once rules have been finalized and staff have been informed on said rules:

Before it reopens there will be a very very long post detailing the changes from a system standpoint, the user standpoint, and the decorum expected. The rules will be detailed later after forum leadership has finalized them, and staff has been properly trained. 

The rules have not been made yet. Staff have not been trained yet. Therefore, the section is not open yet.

The exact date of its reopening is TBA.

• Brohoof 2

• The topic was locked