Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First 20 minutes of A Maretime Bay Adventure gameplay!

CastletonSnob

Well, it looks exactly as I'd expect :P  Sunny's movement has a kind of weird floatiness to it, but overall not bad! I wonder where Zipp is though? I guess you don't meet her until after this segment, unless I missed her?

• Brohoof 1

Pretty much what I expected. It seems like a sort of Crash Bandicoot lite + Hat In Time, more or less. It seems a bit too on the simple side, which is to be expected somewhat; this is a game for young audiences, but even considering that, it seems a touch uninspired. I will still probably pick it up though, if only out of morbid curiosity. It does look at least a little bit enjoyable, if nothing else.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly I know it's probably most likely for the younger audience, but I kinda think it's cute. I might buy it on my Switch to play it for myself.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, definitely more for the younger crowd, but I like the visuals and the character voices. Gameplay may take a little while to pick up from running around and collecting stuff, but still looks decently enjoyable. 

Well I am not gonna lie it looks way better than i expected . I'm gonna buy it maybe day one . It might be the only open world I might take this year because it has a small cute environment and I needed something peaceful to rest on at times . 

Wait, you mean there's not going to be any monster battling? No equipping weapons and armor and using magic like Final Fantasy or something to defeat a long-slumbering darkness bent on worldwide devastation?

/kidding

Pretty much as I guessed it would be. But it's nonetheless one of the scarce bits of official pony content we have. I might get it just to experience more of the G5 world. The cutscenes are my favorite parts. I wonder how long this game will be, too.

And did you notice with the carrots? When Sunny gets them, her hooves glow. Earth Pony magic?

Edited by Toastypk

I think this game looks like fun! The graphics remind me of the 100 Acre Wood mini-game stages in the Kingdom Hearts games

and I LOVED playing the mini-games in Kingdom Hearts 2 so I could try to beat my highest score. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

To me, the lip-synching is not good. I don't like the plastic-y animation. And I think a 2D version would look better (if the designs are more accurate to the movie.)

The faraway shots look fine, but not the close-up or speaking shots.

48 minutes ago, Rosy Moonlight said:

To me, the lip-synching is not good. I don't like the plastic-y animation. And I think a 2D version would look better (if the designs are more accurate to the movie.)

The faraway shots look fine, but not the close-up or speaking shots.

That's probably a shortcut that was taken, and probably taking into account there are probably multiple languages for this game.

Though the model animation was done by a pony fanartist who does 3D.

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 2

This game looks cool. The platforming looks fun and easy. I'd like to buy this game when it comes out to try it out

It's cool that us Bronies finally got an official MLP Game for both PC's and Console =P

• Brohoof 1

Sunny: How come you were trapped in there?

Butterfly: *explains in butterfly language*

Sunny: Sorry, I don't speak butterfly.

Then why did you ask? :ButtercupLaugh:

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

• Brohoof 1

This is pretty much as good as I was expecting. I don't hate it. If anything, G4 never had an official video game near this quality, and I'm not aware of any fan-made 3D platformers either. 

But, if I could have been the one to pick the studio behind this game, it would be Double Fine, Insomniac or Retro Studios

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, The Wife of Tengen said:

Sunny: How come you were trapped in there?

Butterfly: *explains in butterfly language*

Sunny: Sorry, I don't speak butterfly.

Then why did you ask? :ButtercupLaugh:

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

I think that you're asking too much questions :please: they made their best to make this joke. Do not tell this secret to someone that is gonna play the game and that wouldn't notice this incoherence . (I tbh had the same reaction :-D)

1 hour ago, CastletonSnob said:

Would Hasbro ever make a Final Fantasy style G5 game where the Mane Five have to defeat an ancient evil?

Or would the target audience not go for that?

It would be a no no for me :mlp_proud:

What I'm looking for in an mlp game is a small open world without any violence and where I can do funny quests . Collecting things . Talking to everyponies around . And customing my own pony from the hooves to the corn if I make a unicorn . And have friendships levels with every ponies having events at each stages of those levels with each ones of them .

This little game fit pretty well a small amount of what I'm looking for in a mlp game . :mlp_wink:

I like the 3D models and all that. It is interesting to see how well they made it from the original assets. I'm waiting for fans to dump the assets so we can see better fan content :ticking:

Hey, dumb unimportant fan nitpick- does Thunder sound... sort of off to you? He sounds a shade deeper than either of his voices in the movie or show. And he seems... angrier.

(15:52)