Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Variant cover for IDW's first issue of the G5 comic unveiled

Denim&Venöm

I love the cover. I really do. Mostly because I want the rest of the mystery to be resolved. I just hope there won't be retconned stories in this comic like the original series had.

4 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

r/mylittlepony - Variant cover by Brianna Garcia

Hopefully this is more than just a cool cover and G5 is tied more deeply to G4 through the comics. 

The synopsis states the Mane 5 are going to the now abandoned Canterlot, and they’ll meet with a familiar face who wants to keep Equestria without magic

Spoiler

The third part reveals it’s Discord

The retail incentive covers do tend to be among the best ones that the IDW series has. They also sometimes tend to be more expensive than the standard covers. I do like that with the Mane Six, they used their appearances from the final episode where everyone had gotten older.

That cover is BALLER. I have very much learned that covers don't necessarily mean something's guaranteed to happen in the story since the one that seemed to imply Discord was dead, but a story about the Mane 5 meeting Twilight's spirit (or less preferably to me, her as an immortal alicorn) in the comics would still be really freaking cool to me. 

Seeing Twilight with the same body style as Celestia and Luna is a hard pass from me. I do not accept that as canon, nor do I accept any connections with G5 and G4 as canon, I see them as completely separate entities, honestly - unless if they can come up with a really good convincing story to make me think otherwise.