Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if the Storm King learned of the existence the Human World?

Jerry246

(edited)

f the Storm King succeeded in conquering Equestria in the Movie and following that, the rest of the planet, It would have been an inevitability that he'd eventually learn about the Magic Mirror and the existence of the Human world. The Human world would be seen as being easy to conquer since he'd learn that there is no magic and thus no form of resistance from the Humans, meaning he'll think it'll be a curbstomp.

To an ambitious and egotistical soul like him, of course he'd set his sights and be all in on conquering another dimension. Just Imagine the glory of having the title of Conquerer of the multiverse. Of course, he'd recognize the drawbacks of the original portal and would likely work on his own versions of the mirror that won't change your species and won't strip you of your magic as well as being big enough to send entire Armies and Airship Armadas through. Let's go under the assumption that thee portals open at or near Canterlot city. Specifically in the wilderness that is the Human world version of the Everfree Forest. Where his presence won't be noticed right away and would have enough time to build his forces in secret and begin his conquest.

With that out of the way, what would his conquest of the Human World be like and how would Sunset Shimmer and her friends stop him, assuming they can put up any form of meaningful resistance. How far would he get in the Human world before he encounters any resistance?

Sunset would definitely no longer be able to communicate to Twilight since she'd be dead after the Storm King drains her of her magic and turns her to stone. I'm not sure if she'd want to go back to equestria when it's no longer the same and is unwelcome there on account of it being under the storm king's empire.

Edited by Jerry246

I think that The Storm King wouldn't have as much power in the human world as he does in Equestria, so his impact on it might not be as severe either. Still, he does have an army, so if his army enters it with him, they could be able to cause some disorder, although they would likely be stopped quickly since they lack power in the human world.

(edited)
8 hours ago, Jerry246 said:

it is considered Canon.

It's not canon unless FiM specifically mentions the existence of a human world which it never did. Debate about it here before we go off-topic.

Edited by TomDaBombMLP

(edited)

I imagined that If the Storm King went to the Human World, he would be a hairy well-built man who feels a little cold all the time.

He would be wearing a necklace with a jewel that resembles the jewel of his staff (which is hidden under a scarf), leather jacket, T-shirt with his symbol, cargo pants, and two-toned boots.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight

On 2022-05-04 at 10:00 PM, Rosy Moonlight said:

I imagined that If the Storm King went to the Human World, he would be a hairy well-built man who feels a little cold all the time.

He would be wearing a necklace with a jewel that resembles the jewel of his staff (which is hidden under a scarf), leather jacket, T-shirt with his symbol, cargo pants, and two-toned boots.

the question here goes on the assumption that he builds his own portals that elliminate the problems of the mahgic mirrors.

I’m sure this is not something modern military will conveniently ignore. I’ve seen some video of the Russian invasion and….. Storm King won’t stand a chance against modern weaponry 

3 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I’m sure this is not something modern military will conveniently ignore. I’ve seen some video of the Russian invasion and….. Storm King won’t stand a chance against modern weaponry 

Now I'm reminded of how disappointing it is that we never found out what his military forces were really capable of. Ignoring the fact that the "Battle of Canterlot" was just handled REALLY poorly, we never saw the airships actually get used. Being that we were also given "Sky Pirates" I have to assume there were plans for an air battle somewhere during film development, and it got axed because, "too violent." So unfortunately, we'll never know what his nation was capable of, and what other toys he might have had in the homeland that never even got deployed.

One thing that sticks out in my mind though that was mentioned in one of the books: the airships had a kind of cloaking device/smoke screen that would generate a literal storm, completely obscuring the ships from view. This explains how they were able to cruise across Equestria all the way to the capital without setting off any alarm bells.

Adding onto that,

On 2022-05-03 at 10:02 AM, Jerry246 said:

f the Storm King succeeded in conquering Equestria in the Movie and following that, the rest of the planet, It would have been an inevitability that he'd eventually learn about the Magic Mirror and the existence of the Human world. The Human world would be seen as being easy to conquer since he'd learn that there is no magic and thus no form of resistance from the Humans, meaning he'll think it'll be a curbstomp.

The Storm King wasn't reliant upon magic. Far from it. He's a rare villain in MLP who not only has a military force that seemingly had been conquering other nations for a while, but also an impressive amount of technology.

So... maybe Earth would pull off a surprisingly powerful offensive that catches the Storm King offguard? But it's just as possible it turns into "War of the Worlds" and we're using nukes on our own territory to try and repel the invasion.

IMO, the Storm King's biggest weakness is his ego. Frankly, he's a blithering idiot who somehow attained an insanely disproportionate amount of power. One he got his hands on the scepter, after punching Twilight, he test-fired it and wiped out most of his invasion force in the process.

He would have no idea when he's stretched his forces too thinly (same mistake Germany made in WWII). But if Tempest was orchestrating the invasion? Lookout.

(edited)
On 2022-05-11 at 1:10 AM, BornAgainBrony said:

Now I'm reminded of how disappointing it is that we never found out what his military forces were really capable of. Ignoring the fact that the "Battle of Canterlot" was just handled REALLY poorly, we never saw the airships actually get used. Being that we were also given "Sky Pirates" I have to assume there were plans for an air battle somewhere during film development, and it got axed because, "too violent." So unfortunately, we'll never know what his nation was capable of, and what other toys he might have had in the homeland that never even got deployed.

One thing that sticks out in my mind though that was mentioned in one of the books: the airships had a kind of cloaking device/smoke screen that would generate a literal storm, completely obscuring the ships from view. This explains how they were able to cruise across Equestria all the way to the capital without setting off any alarm bells.

Adding onto that,

The Storm King wasn't reliant upon magic. Far from it. He's a rare villain in MLP who not only has a military force that seemingly had been conquering other nations for a while, but also an impressive amount of technology.

So... maybe Earth would pull off a surprisingly powerful offensive that catches the Storm King offguard? But it's just as possible it turns into "War of the Worlds" and we're using nukes on our own territory to try and repel the invasion.

IMO, the Storm King's biggest weakness is his ego. Frankly, he's a blithering idiot who somehow attained an insanely disproportionate amount of power. One he got his hands on the scepter, after punching Twilight, he test-fired it and wiped out most of his invasion force in the process.

He would have no idea when he's stretched his forces too thinly (same mistake Germany made in WWII). But if Tempest was orchestrating the invasion? Lookout.

I wonder if him using his forces to sack and raze the pony parodies of US cities such as manehattan to the ground would also be considered too violent. Because the cliche of icionic cities getting destroyed in movies is fun.

As for the Human World's response to the invasion of Earth, I think Sunset shimmer and the Human 6 should be taken into account since his forces would emerge near or at Canterlot City for this question.

Edited by Jerry246