Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Very early WIP progress.

Kitty_Cat

I've just started an artwork of a pony. I literally only have the line of part of the head. I haven't drawn any ponies in ages, and I've only drawn two so far as little sketches for no reason, so they did not come well at all because I didn't care at the time.

It seems okay, but also not. I always end up having this kind of feeling when I draw. Something feels off with the nose area and the top part of the head. I would also like advice for drawing eyes, too. image.png.f95012629ed7b0aacf719a8159ec68fe.png

• Brohoof 2

It's a great start, but the snout and mouth could be made bigger and maybe moved a bit further down? I redlined it a bit to show you what I mean. (Excuse the roughness I'm on my phone right now)

I wouldn't worry too much about the top of the head since it's going to be covered by hair, but the perceived wonkiness could be that it's a perfect circle. Heads don't tend to be perfect circles. 

As for drawing eyes, I'm not sure how to really explain it, but there are plenty of guides online that can show you how!

Here are two that I found after a quick search:

https://www.deviantart.com/wicklesmack/art/My-Little-Pony-Eyes-Tutorial-304344499

https://www.deviantart.com/frostykat13/art/Digital-MLP-Eye-Tutorial-490483363

All in all, you're very early in the artistic process! Try making it to a complete rough sketch and then people will be able to give more detailed and accurate advice and critiques. Keep it up! :yay:

Screenshot_20220503-224142.png

• Brohoof 3

I know its been a few days but I finally got around to updating it some. Would like critique on the body and the.. half leg lol. She is going to be doing sort of a gentle run.

image.png.c479f871bbb1ffb2491ceed9c2fe4054.png

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...