Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01:E08 - Foal Me Once

CastletonSnob

Hitch FINALLY gets his own episode!

Title: Foal Me Once
Release Date: May 5th, 2022
Written By: Celina Frenn
Synopsis: Hitch tries to find the thief stealing everything across town.
Note:

• Brohoof 1

Okay this was a pretty cute episode.

But what I find most interesting about this is how it confirms the whole wanted poster for Sprout wasn't just an easter egg.  Apparently he really is on the run and MIA, leaving Hitch in the need for another deputy.  I wonder how much of a role this will play in Make Your Mark.  Because honestly going off of this episode as well as how Zipp is going to do detective work in the comics, I can see her ending up as Hitch's deputy in the future.

• Brohoof 2

Another Hitch episode, and a pretty good one, actually. I won't pad this out too much; I am admittedly running out of things to say regarding this series, but this is higher on my list of favorite episodes thus far. This series is doing a pretty decent job handling the Mane 5 thus far in general; not perfect obviously, but for a series of YouTube shorts, it could certainly be worse. I do wonder who Hitch's next deputy is going to be, though. Probably Zipp, if this episode is to be believed, but we shall see.

• Brohoof 2

A really good episode! Though I'm not a huge Hitch fan so I probably aren't appreciating it as much as I could. I think it was really funny the cute cuddly creatures 

Spoiler

had to face jail time. Oh Hitch you lawful goodie two shoes.

11 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

I wonder if Posey will play a prominent role in the series.

Oh! Posey should be like Kirk from Glimore Girls and have a different job in every episode! :pinkie:

--

I thought the unicorn bunnies were cute. :kindness:

I liked that!

Seems Sprout really is on the lamb, huh.

And Lemme just say I liked the chemistry between Hitch and Zipp in the movie, their verbal bouncing off one another.

And this episode just furthers that some more.

• Brohoof 2

I wasn't expecting a rap during this short but there it was. While I don't remember the lyrics, it was pretty catchy and did add to Hitch's character. He is definitely a lot like Fluttershy with how he interacts with animals but he has more bravado under his step.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I love the mystery element.

I love the big cameos.

I love that Hitch learned to appreciate the animals more.

I loved how the animals, Zipp, and especially Hitch, were in the episode.

Spoiler

I love how he still put them in jail for their crimes even after they cleaned up the mess.

B)

Spoiler

It is quite appropriate that Posey works in a museum as she is a piece of art that first appeared in G1.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight
  • Brohoof 2

This episode was much more of my thing than last week's episode. I honestly enjoyed this more than both Pony Life and FiM's mystery episodes, I'm not kidding. Hitch can occasionally act like too much of a goof, but the way he's honestly bound by a creed is what makes him so likable. I also liked the setup for Detective Zipp, I'm honestly interested in what they're going to do with this "Sprout on the run" plot they really seem to intend going through with, and that perfect ending got an honest laugh out of me. 

• Brohoof 3

18 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

I thought the ending was rather funny and I also like how we got to see Posey again. I wonder if Posey will play a prominent role in the series.

She seems to be quite recurring considering she couldn’t be used in FIM due to copyrights or something :huh:

16 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

She seems to be quite recurring considering she couldn’t be used in FIM due to copyrights or something :huh:

Makes me wonder if other G1s will return

• Brohoof 1

For a YouTube shirt this one was actually pretty good. The pacing was nice and it highlighted the dynamic Hitch has with Zipp and the animals. However, I do wonder about animals evolving wings and horns...

(edited)
On 2022-05-06 at 4:31 AM, Toastypk said:

Seems Sprout really is on the lamb, huh.

Can you imagine Sprout sitting on an actual lamb?

Spoiler

I can.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight

Finally got to this one and...it was pretty damn good! Hitch is so full of himself, yet it's not a detriment to his character. And Zipp is just as cool as ever. Love her. <3

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I liked it a lot. :P I'm really loving these.

The generation 4 references were one of the highlights. All three paintings we saw in the art gallery during the Becoming Popular song montage in Sweet and Elite also appeared in this. Plus we got two of the Tree Hugger paintings from the song montage in On Your Marks. Not sure if we've seen the other paintings before (A Rainbow Dash version of the Scream, the Mona Lisa parody, a parody of Girl with a Pearl Earring and another that I don't recognise)

Edited by Solar Power
  • Brohoof 1

I hope we see Sprout at some point in the future. I honestly felt like this one was boring compared to the other ones, a criminal pony would have been a cool character to have to say the least. 

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to S01:E08 - Foal Me Once
  • 2 weeks later...