Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01:E09 - IT'S T.U.E.S. DAY

CastletonSnob

Another episode of TYT, and it's an Izzy episode!

Title: IT’S T.U.E.S.D.A.Y
Release Date: May 12ty, 2022
Written By: Ryan Denham 
Synopsis: Izzy makes her very own unicorn friend after her other friends neglect to celebrate a unicorn holiday with her.
Note:

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, ExplosionMare said:

This one wasn't as entertaining as I would have liked it to be but it still had its cute moments.

18 minutes ago, DivineFive1000 said:

Another great episode of TYT! Wasn't as good as the last one, but it still had a good lesson!

I thought it was pretty good, too.

I couldn't hear what "T.U.E.S." meant because I couldn't understand what Izzy was saying. :blush:

Twas a good, enjoyable. It didn't leave me with the same impact as some of the previous ones, but it was good! Izzy was just being Izzy and her friends were honest with her. All good!

Who knew that Izzy had the makings of a mad scientist. She ought to strongly consider it as a career choice if her current goals don't work out for her.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I felt like Izzy was a lot more, how do I put it, thoughtful? in the movie. Like she seemed less random, and the things that we saw that she made in her house seemed to be made well. Like in the movie, Izzy was like less similar to Pinkie Pie, but in TYT, she feels very similar to Pinkie Pie. IDK, is that just me?

Edited by Skylight Scintillate
  • Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I couldn't hear what "T.U.E.S." meant because I couldn't understand what Izzy was saying. :blush:

It was hard to understand a lot of her lines and the autogenerated captions didn't help.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

I felt like Izzy was a lot more, how do I put it, thoughtful? in the movie. Like she seemed less random, and the things that we saw that she made in her house seemed to me made well. Like in the movie, Izzy was like less similar to Pinkie Pie, but in TYT, she feels very similar to Pinkie Pie. IDK, is that just me?

I've felt the same way since "Nightmare Roommate". >_>

3 hours ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

I felt like Izzy was a lot more, how do I put it, thoughtful? in the movie. Like she seemed less random, and the things that we saw that she made in her house seemed to be made well. Like in the movie, Izzy was like less similar to Pinkie Pie, but in TYT, she feels very similar to Pinkie Pie. IDK, is that just me?

I think with Izzy; she is having similar trouble to what Starlight Glimmer experienced. She is extremely awkward when it comes to friendship and when something goes wrong or happens in a way she didn't expect she really doesn't know what to do. And unlike Starlight who tended to reflexively use magic when things went wrong, Izzy relief on her inherent creativity to construct a friend for herself.

Also, as close as these five ponies are, they still need time to get used to each other so it's natural Sunny forgot about the occasion. Izzy is still plenty thoughtful here; she's just being presented with scenarios that she never experienced while in Bridlewood.

• Brohoof 1

To avoid sounding like broken record every time I review one of these episodes, I'll just mention beforehand that the episode suffers from the overall issues with TYT as a whole.

Now onto the more episode specific points, I thought this episode was fairly lackluster. It isn't the worst of TYT, but it isn't very interesting. As others have mentioned, Izzy has really been dampened in TYT. While Izzy was defiantly wacky and random at times in the Movie, there was still depth to her character. TYT Izzy, however, is missing a lot of what made her character good in ANG. In addition, her voice is not up to par with her voice in ANG in my opinion, which is unfortunate. Along with that, the actual concept and content of the episode wasn't very interesting. Overall this episode was mediocre at best. 

As a random point, I think it is odd that a solemn place like Bridlewood would celebrate a holiday about sparkles. Also, the episode made it seem like Izzy was the only unicorn in Maretime bay when other episodes have shown unicorns walking around the town. These are small details, but they did seem slightly inconsistent with the movie and even other episodes of TYT. 

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I thought it was pretty good, too.

The Unicorn's Expression of Sparkle.

Pretty cute episode, btw. Izzy's gone full on object friend.

• Brohoof 1

Not on par with last week's really good Hitch episode, but decent enough. The highlight for me was definitely Trotformers, where we actually got to see what the movie would be like, with the pony Optimus Prime actually saying "Autobots" and not a parody name. Other than that, this episode's feel was very standard. 

... Eugh. Not a fan of this one. I'm definitely not the first to bring this up, but I do not like it when Izzy is portrayed as this destructively oblivious. It mirrors some of Pinkie's worst moments, which is particularly bad for Izzy specifically, since she has usually been portrayed as much more thoughtful, or at least aware. I am starting to like Zipp and Hitch's dynamic though, and I do appreciate the moral behind this episode. I can just hardly stomach Izzy's character here; it's not the worst thing I have ever watched, not remotely, but I seriously hope Izzy is not like this in Make Your Mark. I also did not like the humor at all, but I won't give it too much grief for that; I am sure some younger folks will get a kick out of it

Still, Trotformers was worth a chuckle.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Definitely not a fan of this episode. It really shows how Izzy isn't doing great in Tell Your Tale.

One issue I have with her in this series is her voice-acting. I found it to be grating, like her characterization here, and she doesn't not deserve that.

I think that if her voice was a little soft-spoken and she spoke a little less (a bit like Ice Bear from We Bare Bears), her voice-acting would sound better and it would symbolize her (missing) self-awareness.

:fluttershy:

Edited by Rosy Moonlight

I guess I prefer this one to the last Izzy episode, though it really seems to be retreading some of the same ground as a typical Pinkie episode in FiM.  Heck, I'm finding more and more that Izzy is kind of becoming a character who's just going through the motions of being a Unicorn Pinkie.  She has quickly gone from being my favourite mane character in the film to being more in the middle.  If anything, she's somewhat of an embodiment of one of my main criticisms of G5 as a whole, so I suppose she's fitting for this series.  

• The title was changed to G05-TYT: S01:E09- IT'S T.U.E.S. DAY (MLP: Tell Your Tale)
  • 2 weeks later...

So they forgot about a unicorn holiday and Izzy coped with it by making a fake unicorn friend? Would have been interesting if she would go out and make friends with a real unicorn, since none of the other ones in her friend group are unicorns. Decent episode. I liked Trotformers. 

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to S01:E09 - IT'S T.U.E.S. DAY
  • 3 weeks later...
(edited)

I think it have been interesting if Sunny lamented about only having 5 members in the gang because the "Guardians of Harmony" had 6 members.

Also, Sunny convincing Hitch to pretend to be an unicorn visiting the town would have been funny, especially with Izzy believing the excuse about the new unicorn being unable to use magic because his doctor told him not to for the time being.

From Izzy being bummed out about not having an unicorn friend to celebrate the holiday with ber to getting bummed out about celebrating the holiday with an unicorn who couldn't use magic for the time being.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight