Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did Make Your Mark reference Bronies?

Shady Mist

The trailer was very fast paced, and it was hard to hear what they were saying at times. But I am pretty sure she said "everypony".

There is no link between Bronies and G5 from what I know. I don't know if the production is liked to some Bronies. Even if they were, why would they say "Brony" in the show? It doesn't make much sense and would be confusing.

• Brohoof 4

2 hours ago, Splashee said:

The trailer was very fast paced, and it was hard to hear what they were saying at times. But I am pretty sure she said "everypony".

There is no link between Bronies and G5 from what I know. I don't know if the production is liked to some Bronies. Even if they were, why would they say "Brony" in the show? It doesn't make much sense and would be confusing.

Not the trailer, the "Maretime Bay Day Festival" scene. 

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Shady Mist said:

Not the trailer, the "Maretime Bay Day Festival" scene. 

Admittedly, it does sound like "brony", but it was probably just a slip on the voice actor's part, because Sunny's clearly supposed to be saying, "any pony". That's the only thing that would make sense in the context of the dialogue. Voice acting oversights happen, like how Derpy Hooves' voice actor originally did her take thinking the character she was voicing was male. 

• Brohoof 1

If she did, it would be a very strange coincidence. I'm going to assume that she said 'any pony' though hearing the dialogue, it does sound like brony. Hmmm... The mysteries abound.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, at that point in the trailer, I heard "anypony can live...anywhere!"  I didn't hear "brony".  I suspect the writers are waiting to see how we react before they decide to slip in nods to us.

...And we, in turn, are waiting to see what they do.

So ANYTHING can happen, now!!!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Me before hearing the clip: “That’s ridiculous. Why would it sound like anybrony?”

Me after hearing the clip: “It simultaneously sounded like anypony and anybrony! That’s so weird!”

After hearing the clip some more, I think what Sunny said “anyprony” which meant that it’s open to interpretation.

Edited by Skylight Scintillate
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Splashee said:

Sadly, it was any pony according to Netflix's English CC:

"They" could have edited the text. Lyra was Hasbro's mare on the inside. :arethosehands:/:P

---

Seriously, that's a bit of a bummer but it's ok. :kindness:

• Brohoof 1

Probably for the best. Not sure if we need another Steven Magnet on our hands. :kirin:

• Brohoof 3