Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

From a G1 fan to a G4 convert

Autumn Ink

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

How did you find MLP Forums?

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

Hello, everypony! After years of denying it, I thought it was time to give in and indulge my inner pony.

I grew up with the original G1 toys and cartoons in the 80s, kind of liked the G2 incarnation, didn't bother with G3. When G4 came around, I was interested but not to the point where I wanted to join the fandom. (Didn't stop me from watching a few episodes and posting a few pony pics in forums, though.)

Now I think it's time to stop denying it and dive back in. I don't care if the fandom isn't buzzing like it was back at FiM's peak. It's time to admit that I do like these candy-colored ponies, that I'm enthralled with the worldbuilding, and that I want to study the art and contribute something to the fandom.

I'm a pegasister and I'm happy to finally accept it!

• Brohoof 7

12 minutes ago, Autumn Ink said:

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

How did you find MLP Forums?

How you became a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Hello, everypony! After years of denying it, I thought it was time to give in and indulge my inner pony.

I grew up with the original G1 toys and cartoons in the 80s, kind of liked the G2 incarnation, didn't bother with G3. When G4 came around, I was interested but not to the point where I wanted to join the fandom. (Didn't stop me from watching a few episodes and posting a few pony pics in forums, though.)

Now I think it's time to stop denying it and dive back in. I don't care if the fandom isn't buzzing like it was back at FiM's peak. It's time to admit that I do like these candy-colored ponies, that I'm enthralled with the worldbuilding, and that I want to study the art and contribute something to the fandom.

I'm a pegasister and I'm happy to finally accept it!

Yay! I'm newer to the pony fandom. I'm also enthralled with pone. :) 

• Brohoof 1

Welcome @Autumn Ink to MLP Forums! :fluttershy:

I also grew up with G1, mostly My Little Pony Tales (Still being G1. Generations are linked to the toy line, and G2 look completely different) which was big here where I live.

I am also a collector of G1 toys. Feel free to check out the Classic Generation section of the forums!

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, -Buttercup- said:

Welcome to the forums! I was never into G1, G4 was always my favorite.

When I was growin' up, we liked our G1 just fine! And we had to cross barren fields and hills to get to our toy stores! :P

But in all seriousness, G1 was kind of revolutionary for us kids who wanted girls to be involved in adventures. A lot of cartoons back in those days had female characters mostly in roles like damsel in distress, den mother, or caretaker, and very little to no character development. There's a place in my heart for it, but in regards to storytelling, G4 definitely tops it.

1 hour ago, Astral Soul said:

Hello @Autumn Ink,

We are welcome you and your inner Pony with open hooves

The fandom is far from dead, actually :> I hope you have a great time here

I'm a tea addicted pony from outa space

and Rarity is happy to see :>

Reveal hidden contents

May the fandom last forever like the Star Wars and Star Trek fandoms.

Also, Rarity-eee! :please:

10 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Welcome @Autumn Ink to MLP Forums! :fluttershy:

I also grew up with G1, mostly My Little Pony Tales (Still being G1. Generations are linked to the toy line, and G2 look completely different) which was big here where I live.

I am also a collector of G1 toys. Feel free to check out the Classic Generation section of the forums!

I remember My Little Pony Tales! Well, kind of. The memory isn't quite what it used to be, but a few YouTube videos could jog it. I'll have to do a search later.

I may not be as enamored with the cartoons, but I do love the designs and colors of G1 toys. I remember being so happy to get Firefly along with the Rescue from Midnight Castle VHS.

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

So, have you seen G5 yet? If so, what's your opinion on it?

Nope, I haven't yet. I do want to check it out after I've caught up a bit with G4.

I've seen a lot of... interesting discussions about it, particularly with fans who were twisting themselves into knots over it. I guess some folks just get really attached to one incarnation.

Welcome to the forums! Please enjoy your time here. ^^

4 hours ago, Autumn Ink said:

@Pathfinder of Ash Thanks so much, and I love your avatar!

Thanks so much! NGL; that's me on a daily basis haha. XD

Love yours too! ^^