Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

CastletonSnob

New Tell Your Tale short, and we FINALLY get a Sunny episode!

Title: Sunny-Day Dinners
Release Date: May 19th, 2022
Written By: Gretchen Mallorie
Synopsis: Sunny feels her friends are moving apart from her, and organizes a hiking trip to bring them together again.
Note:

• Brohoof 2

Managed to watch the episode through a re-upload I found on YouTube and I enjoyed it. Though it kind of feels similar to T.U.E.S. Day, it has a nice ending with everyone I think. 

• Brohoof 1

These lessons are so easy to relate to as they happen more often than you think in real life... Well, except for lugging around a cart filled with rocks.

• Brohoof 1

"Earth ponies don't clean their underwear!" 

Beg your pardon, but they don't even normally wear clothes. :mlp_wat: This one was somewhat weird, but I liked it. Great that we finally got a Sunny episode, as well as one with a slightly darker atmosphere creating a feeling of peril. 

I liked it! I can't really explain why, but I am enjoying the vibe that TyT is giving me with these characters. The events of this episode feel EXTREMELY familiar to me, so yeah, I loved how it wrapped up.

Good stuff!

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

"Earth ponies don't clean their underwear!" 

Beg your pardon, but they don't even normally wear clothes. :mlp_wat: This one was somewhat weird, but I liked it. Great that we finally got a Sunny episode, as well as one with a slightly darker atmosphere creating a feeling of peril. 

Just some of the leftover prejudice about earth ponies. Mentioning underwear was funny and random since they rarely wear clothes.

I just realized Hitch always spinning his phone is a G rated version of spinning a gun. 

2 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

I was hoping this episode would teach Sunny to get a hobby. What's she going to do when all her friends are busy and she's alone? Hopefully this'll get addressed in MYM.

She's got a part-time job as a slushie vender

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, The Nth Doctor said:

She's got a part-time job as a slushie vender

That's a job, though, not a hobby. Maybe she is having fun with it, but I'm wondering what she does outside of being productive, like going on walks, reading, something of that nature.

• Brohoof 1

Well, it's an improvement on Sunny's other episode.  I think it just confirms my thoughts that Sunny doesn't have much going on besides her friends though.  The episode is alright, and even has a bit of a discount Castlemania moment, but I also get the sense that I really shouldn't expect much more out of this series.  Also, I'm really, really holding out for actual character development in MYM, as I get the sense I'm supposed to just enjoy the interactions between these characters, but I'm not quite there yet.  FiM got there by building up its characters, and G5 has the opportunity to do the same, but yeah...it's kind of putting the cart before the pony at the moment.  

• Brohoof 2

55 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

The shading on the ponies manes and bodies during the "camping" scene was my favorite part of the episode. :twismile:

*Borrows @PrettyInPipp's avatar to show you what I mean* 

Screenshot_9.thumb.png.15991c3fa43fb98208cc3f1270909af8.png.3f76f1a4bc2f963bc5104b41ccb790b2.png

Yes! I love the shading on the ponies during the campfire scene!! :wub:

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

The shading on the ponies manes and bodies during the "camping" scene was my favorite part of the episode. :twismile:

*Borrows @PrettyInPipp's avatar to show you what I mean* 

Screenshot_9.thumb.png.15991c3fa43fb98208cc3f1270909af8.png.3f76f1a4bc2f963bc5104b41ccb790b2.png

Reminds me a bit of how you made your last banner with Twilight, Rarity, Izzy, and Pipp :twi:

I liked the fire shading too, it was one part of the episode I was fond of. 

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

Reminds me a bit of how you made your last banner with Twilight, Rarity, Izzy, and Pipp :twi:

I knew there was a reason I liked the shading in the episode so much. :squee:

Also, the beginning with the pancakes reminded me of FiM and “Castle Sweet Castle”. 

• Brohoof 1