Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Report all issues related to the recent upgrade here

Jeric

I cannot attach photos to status updates. When I try, I get a notification reading “You are only allowed to upload 0 images”.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, TheRockARooster said:

I’m not getting any notifications from any updates or anything.

Status updates only? Did you get a notification that I quoted you now and also gave you a brohoof

• Brohoof 1

It’s small, but I notice when you click on either the status update or profile page, the status update text aligns flush with the avatar and not underneath the username or topic header.

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, SharpWit said:

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but what are the circles with hands over some users profile pics displayed next to posts?

That means, that the user has joined recently.

• Brohoof 2

I'll get notifications for status update replies and reacts, but I don't get New Status Update notifications anymore.  IE, I don't get "User has posted a new status update."

• Brohoof 2

On 2022-05-22 at 4:07 AM, -Buttercup- said:

When you are in the Everfree OOC section for RPs, you cannot post less than 200 characters it seems, is that intentional? 

Yes, it's been a thing for a long time.

Everfree Roleplays require at least 200 characters in a single post. Advanced Roleplays 800 characters/post.

The character counter doesn't seem to reflect that for some reason, still showing the default 20, which is why it may be confusing.

7 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

I'll get notifications for status update replies and reacts, but I don't get New Status Update notifications anymore.  IE, I don't get "User has posted a new status update."

Not 100% sure about the previous version we were on, but I'm certain there was a notification setting called "Someone I follow posts a new status." or something along these lines at some point. Now I can't seem to find anything related to that in the notification settings.

Notifications for replies and reactions in Status Updates seem to be still functional, work for me.

That makes me think - I may be wrong, but perhaps that specific notification type was intentionally removed in the recent update.

6 hours ago, -Buttercup- said:

Am curious, what exactly was upgraded?

The forum software. These updates usually include some new features, changes to the layout, bugfixes, security updates and so on.

You can read the changelog there: https://invisioncommunity.com/release-notes/

Currently we're running on version 4.6.12.1

If I'm not mistaking, the previous upgrade here was done somewhere in January 2021, so we probably ran on 4.5.4 before this update.

So, there were quite a few updates in meanwhile.

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Rikifive said:

Not 100% sure about the previous version we were on, but I'm certain there was a notification setting called "Someone I follow posts a new status." or something along these lines at some point. Now I can't seem to find anything related to that in the notification settings.

Notifications for replies and reactions in Status Updates seem to be still functional, work for me.

That makes me think - I may be wrong, but perhaps that specific notification type was intentionally removed in the recent update.

After some digging I found a somewhat fix.  In the notification settings I had to enable Followed Users under Followed Content.  Sadly I now get notified whenever anypony I follow makes any kind of post.  I still can't find a way to limit it to only status updates like the previous version did.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
22 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

After some digging I found a somewhat fix.  In the notification settings I had to enable Followed Users under Followed Content.  Sadly I now get notified whenever anypony I follow makes any kind of post.  I still can't find a way to limit it to only status updates like the previous version did.

If that made you receive notifications from new status updates posted by members you follow, then I'm afraid it is what it is now. A yet another so called "improvement" the Invision ponies (those who develop this forum software) have come up with.

In the past they already made the notification settings much worse, merging options into one making it less flexible. They called it an "improvement", because supposedly these settings were too complicated and confusing. Funny how that works, here I see everyone asking for more options, but the Invision ponies keep doing literally the opposite. It's as if they never expected big communities focusing on socializing to be run on their software, but at the same time, they do implement stuff like "leaderboards" and now somewhat recently added "achievements", so their direction is rather unclear. I have no idea what is their goal, they really should try being more active on their own forum software to see its flaws. I myself have troubles with notifications, because as we all know, it's either absolute spam or nothing. No way to keep the notification box balanced.

Edited by Rikifive

2 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

If that made you receive notifications from new status updates posted by members you follow, then I'm afraid it is what it is now. A yet another so called "improvement" the Invision ponies (those who develop this forum software) have come up with.

In the past they already made the notification settings much worse, merging options into one making it less flexible. They called it an "improvement", because supposedly these settings were too complicated and confusing. Funny how that works, here I see everyone asking for more options, but the Invision ponies keep doing literally the opposite. It's as if they never expected big communities focusing on socializing to be run on their software, but at the same time, they do implement stuff like "leaderboards" and now somewhat recently added "achievements", so their direction is rather unclear. I have no idea what is their goal, they really should try being more active on their own forum software to see its flaws.

Seems that way.  It is a pity to have options for customization go away.  Hopefully this doesn't end up being the final product of the "upgrade".

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm not getting any notifications of any status updates from people. Private Message notifications appear to still be working though.

Also the ring came off my pudding can.

EDIT - I solved the problem. Something in my account settings under notifications became unchecked with the upgrade. I am still lacking the means to opening my pudding can, however.

Edited by Treeglow Flicker
  • Brohoof 1

When replying to a status, it takes forever while the submit button says “saving”. If I reload the page, my reply is there

• Brohoof 4

23 minutes ago, Splashee said:

When replying to a status, it takes forever while the submit button says “saving”. If I reload the page, my reply is there

I just noticed the same thing. I definitely didn't have this before (after the forums update).

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes when I mouse over the little "brohoof" icon, the other icons besides the brohoof don't appear:  it's just the Derpy "Thanks" icon and the brohoof.  And there's a few icons' worth of space between the brohoof icon and the Thanks icon, too, even though the little blue shape that the icons appear inside stops after the "Thanks" icon and there is no space to the left of the Thanks icon.

Then when I came to this thread to report the issue, and I moused over the brohoof icon---all the reaction-icons showed up just fine.  Weird.

• Brohoof 2

Icon for what kind of activity is being used under the "Activity" tab in our profiles (desktop view) overlaps the text of such activity:

iconoverlap.png

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Icon for what kind of activity is being used under the "Activity" tab in our profiles (desktop view) overlaps the text of such activity:

iconoverlap.png

This is the problem I'm having with my Status Updates, @Totally Nyx. The icon covers a bit more of the text in SU's though. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

4 minutes ago, Splashee said:

I got this notification:

which was a status update sent to another member's profile. Those were never shared as notifications in the past :wau:

I've been getting those sorts of notifications too

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-05-22 at 9:09 PM, Skylight Scintillate said:

Not really sure if this is related but is the background still supposed to have snow everywhere? It's like 35 degrees celsius where I am right now.

Unrelated. 

13 minutes ago, Splashee said:

I got this notification:

which was a status update sent to another member's profile. Those were never shared as notifications in the past :wau:

I’ll have to check the change logs on the prior versions we skipped, but it may actually be a feature that they added, or even a byproduct of their recent approach to notifications. When you allow notifications for a user you follow, you basically open up the floodgates. I now get a notification of every post or status you make. Since I follow you, I saw you post a status update on @Woohoo’s profile. 

Users and Administrators used to have a lot more control over that. If there is a way to restore the old functionality,  even with a paid plug-in, I’ll absolutely pursue that. FYI, if you follow a lot of people it could also lead to some performance issues if I can’t figure out a way to address it. 

On 2022-05-23 at 5:34 AM, The Wife of Giyu said:

I cannot attach photos to status updates. When I try, I get a notification reading “You are only allowed to upload 0 images”.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

I have the exact same issue when I edit my profile and want to attach an image. It still works in normal posts like this though.