Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Cultures Unite (1x1 with GeneralDirection)

Samurai Equine

@Samurai Equine

Silver looks in the direction Gotaro is pointing, and at first, he didn’t see much of anything at all, just clouds. But after a few moments, the sun clears the clouds away, revealing a stunning panorama of one of the largest mountains Silver had ever seen. Apparently, this one is the tallest in Japone.

“It’s a beautiful view, for sure.” He replies with a nod. “I could certainly get used to this. One bad thing about living in the jungle, you never get to see views like these.”

(edited)

@GeneralDirection

"Hai~" Samurai says with content sigh. "...Well, one thing we can't get use to is being in here forever. We'll get all pruney if we stay in here." Gotaro says and gets up. The monkeys tending to them swim away. Gotaro gets out of the pool and so does Samurai. They begin drying themselves off. "Coming along, Silver-san? There will be snacks in the commissary."

Edited by Samurai Equine

@Samurai Equine

“Ah, I suppose you are right, Gotaro.” He also steps out of the pool and with a flash of kirin magic, his fur and mane are dried instantly. “Besides, I’m always interested if there are snacks involved.” He says with a laugh.

@GeneralDirection

Once they have all dried off, they have complimentary bath robes to change into. In the commissary, the staff treats them to complimentary mineral drinks of various flavors, fruit snacks from a squeeze pouch, and/or these bite-sized pieces of sweet bread. "The hot spring revitalizes the outside of the body and the spirit, but the snacks revitalize the inside of the body, promoting additional good health." Gotaro explains.

@Samurai Equine

Silver dons a bath robe and follows his friends inside. He looks over the offered refreshments before deciding to take one of everything.

“Shall we find a place to have a seat, or do we have someplace else to be?” He asks, his food and drink being levitated by his magic.  

@GeneralDirection

Thankfully, there is plenty of tables to sit at. They pick one and begin snacking. "So what happens next?" Gotaro asks. "... Well, I think this pretty much concludes Silver-san's tour of your region, Gotaro-san. It's been a long day, all things considered. And you probably have other duties to return to. ...Unless there is something more you wish to do while we're here, Silver-san." Samurai says.

@Samurai Equine

Silver thinks for a moment before shrugging. “I can’t say anything really comes to mind. We mainly came here about my dream, and for Samurai to get some practice in, since he was having some doubts. We even got some gifts. I don’t suppose you know anypony who might be able to help me regarding that dream, would you? It’s ok if you don’t, just thought it was worth asking.”  

@GeneralDirection

"Oh, that's right! In all the confusion, I completely forgot about that." Gotaro says. Samurai thinks about it. "Didn't you say there was a dinosaur at the end of your dream? It seems almost too coincidental that we found one in real life. Maybe your dream was trying to guide you to Gotaro-san's tyrannosaurus?" Samurai offers. "You know, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case! He may have been trying to reach out to you psychically, and it affected your dreams. After all, I couldn't even understand him until you came along. If it wasn't for you, he'd still be incomplete and dangerous right now." Gotaro says.

@Samurai Equine

“It’s ok, my friend.” Silver responds understandingly. “Well, it was a beast of some sort. I wasn’t able to see what it was since it was dark in the cave and my dream ended as it attacked me. But it’s certainly possible that it could’ve been a dinosaur. Aside from that part, there were a bunch of other things that happened which I also don’t understand. The four creatures in the beginning, for example. I never would have guessed that some other creature would be able to reach out to me in a way like that, but now that you mention it, perhaps this is the case. Maybe I’m just overthinking things and need to move on, certainly wouldn’t be the first time.” He says with a bit of a laugh.

@GeneralDirection

Gotaro just shrugs. "I know more spiritual leaders and nature-related scientists than I do dream analysts. But I am sure we could find one out there if you really want to talk to one." Gotaro says. Samurai nods. "Either one of us could do that for you. Although, here is idea... Why not sleep on it? If the dream is that important, maybe you'll have it again. If the dream isn't important, you won't see it again when you go to bed tonight." Samurai offers.

@Samurai Equine

Silver looks to Samurai with a curious expression. “Well, I must admit, I’m not much of a dream expert. But what you’re suggesting, I think I might as well try at the very least. We can see if I get any dreams tonight and go from there.”

@GeneralDirection

Samurai smiles and nods. "Hmm. So I guess that's that." Samurai nods. The three of them continue to talk as they finish their snacks. After returning their robes and taking a wagon ride back to the nearest train station, it seems this is where they will part. "Well Silver-san, I hope you enjoyed your time in my region." Gotaro says. "It's only the late afternoon, but I think we've accomplished everything we came here for, at least for the time being." Samurai says. "My region is always open, if you ever want to come back." Gotaro explains.

@Samurai Equine

“I thoroughly enjoyed my time here, Gotaro. I learned a lot and got to experience so much. I appreciate you spending time with us, and I thank you for the invitation to come back.  Once again, thank you for the gifts. Japone really has been such a wonderful experience for me. Everypony I’ve met here has been so friendly and welcoming, it’s such a refreshing experience!” Silver says enthusiastically.

@GeneralDirection

Gotaro says his goodbye by bowing respectfully, as does Samurai.

One train ride later, and they are back in Samurai's region, and back at Samurai's home just as quick. "They day isn't fully over yet. I want to practice my calligraphy skills before bed. Is there anything you'd like to do while there still time?"

@Samurai Equine

Silver also bows respectfully before boarding the train with Samurai and heading back to his region.

“Ummm, well to be honest, I don’t really have anything in mind.” Silver replies, back at Samurai’s house. “We did quite a bit today with Gotaro. Traveling, shopping, eating, training… well, you did, anyway. If you want to practice your calligraphy, then perhaps I can just do some doodling for a bit.”

@GeneralDirection

"I would appreciate, my friend." Samurai says, delighted.

Inside, Samurai can relax, and put away any clothes he decided to wear today. Afterwards, he heads straight to his library to practice his calligraphy, painting Japonies symbols in a very artistic way. Some really big, some really small. And not all of them are simple black either. Sometimes he writes them in different colors, or in color gradients, depending on how he uses his inks.

@Samurai Equine

The two take a seat in a relaxing room of the house together and go about their creative activity. While Samurai does his calligraphy, Silver takes his art supplies out of his saddlebag and begins to draw. With all the things that went on today, there’s a long list of ideas he could draw inspiration from. But today, he decided to draw somepony else he hadn’t seen in a while, his sister, Charlotte. After some moments of silence, a question comes to the kirin’s mind.

“Samurai, I don’t believe I ever asked you about this, but do you have any family? What are they like? If you’re comfortable sharing, of course.” He asks his friend as he finishes his line art and starts adding some shading to his piece.

@GeneralDirection

Samurai stops a moment. After a dozen or so calligraphy writings, he had begun to switch to a drawing. He was making the horizon of a field, but he looks up when he hears Silver's question.

"My family? Well, my father passed away before I was old enough to start going to school; before I even had my cutie mark. My mother lives a quiet life in the countryside in a different region. We do stay in touch sometimes. She leads a far more simple life than I do. She's very caring and understanding, but she gave me the freedom to build and explore my own life." Samurai begins to explain.

@Samurai Equine

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that, my friend. That’s good to hear you do keep in touch with your mother, though. She sounds like a lovely pony. My parents live in the same village I do, along with my sister. We generally don’t ever leave the village as it is regarded as being too dangerous in the wilderness. Most kirin aren’t as adventurous as I am.” Silver says quietly. “Do you have any siblings?”

@Samurai Equine

“Well, you certain have made something of yourself, there’s no doubting that.” Silver remarks. “And yes, Charlotte is my only sibling, my little sister. She’s pretty much the complete opposite of me… energetic, fun-loving, talkative, creative… she’s a really good artist. In fact, that’s what her job is. She struggles to get by sometimes, but she loves what she’s doing, so I feel that’s what matters. My parents and I have always stepped in if she’s been in need so she doesn’t go hungry oy anything. She’s definitely a huge part of my life, though.”

@GeneralDirection

Samurai accidentally blots some ink too strong onto his painting, but quickly makes the most of it rather than trashing it. "I see. Do you miss your family? It's no big deal for me. If I ever want to, I can go visit my mother any time I please, as long as I'm not being summoned for a mission." Samurai explains.

@Samurai Equine

“I do miss them.” Silver responds after a while. “They’re used to me being away for extended periods of time, though. It’s the price you pay for wanting adventure, I suppose. This time, I am a lot further away from home than I usually am, so the journey back will not be so simple, whenever I do decide it’s time to go back. It took me a while to make it out here, and I definitely have no regrets.”

@GeneralDirection

Samurai finishes up his art. "Well, this was suppose to be an ukiyoe piece, but abstract art works just as well." Samurai lets Silver see it if he wants. He also claps and summons a kuroko. "Please have this sent out." He gives the kuroko a letter before his servant takes it and disappears. "Well, I guess it's getting late now."

@Samurai Equine

Silver looks at the art his friend made before looking back to him and nodding. “It looks great my friend! What’s a ukiyoe piece?” He asks while finishing up his own art and then passing it to Samurai to let him have a look at it. “I guess it is getting kinda late.” He remarks. “Good night then, Samurai. Have a good sleep.”