Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wiring a fan fiction that includes changes to the episode ‘28 Pranks Later’ - Which is better?

TheUnknownPhantom5

Once thing that kind of botherd me about 28 pranks later was just how willing the CMCs were with doing the prank. Especially Scootaloo who looks up to Rainbow Dash. So I decieded why not make a sceneiro where the CMCs are given a valid reason to take part in the prank. However I couldn't think of one, so I thought of too. Let me know which one is better.

Scenerio one.
After Pinkie Pie told everypony about what Rainbow Dash had done with the filly guide cookies as well as her plan to get Rainbow Dash back for all the pranks she had pulled during the week they all began to nod in agreement.

“This is just perfect darling”. Said Rarity causing Pinkie Pie to smile.

“Thanks, I figured this would be a good way to teach her a lesson about what it’s like to be on the receiving end of a mean prank.” She said as everypony began to snicker. However there were some ponies who weren’t too keen on the idea.

“Hold on”. A voice called out. Everyone in the restaurant turned to stare at Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Diamond Tiara, Silverspoon, Petunia Paleo, Toola Roola, and Coconut Cream. Apple Bloom being the one to speak.

“What’s wrong”? Twilight asked. Apple Bloom gulped nervously but spoke up.

“We think this is wrong”! She stated firmly confusing everyone.

“What do you mean”? Asked Twilight. Now it was Scootaloo’s turn to speak.

“It’s just that we know Rainbow Dash has been pulling some really mean pranks, but don’t you think that making her believe that she caused a plague is a bit too far, like I don’t get why you can’t try talking to her”. Applejack walked over, and bent down to the CMCs level with a small smile on her face.

“We did try talking to her sugarcube, but she’s not willing to listen”.

“We understand that you feel that this is wrong, but trust me darling this is the only way to open up Rainbow Dash’s eyes”. Rarity responded. The fillies however still looked unsure. So Reiner Spoke up.

“You don’t have to take part in this prank, after you deliver the cookies you can go home, and wait til it’s over”. He said. The CMCs looked at each other, knowing they couldn’t stop the prank, and Rainbow Dash did need a lesson, they sighed and nodded.

Later that day the fillies were playing a ball, they were laughing and giggling when Petunia spoke up.

“I’ll still think this prank is wrong”. She stated as she threw the ball to Silverspoon.

“Yeah, but what can we do, we are just fillies”. Silverspoon said before passing it to Coconut Cream.

“Rainbow Dash’s pranks have been getting out of hand, so I kind of think she deserves this”.

“I guess you have a point”. Diamond Tiara said as she tossed the ball to Toola Roola, who then tossed it to Apple Bloom. However it just landed at her hooves.

“Hey Apple Bloom what do you think about all this”? Toola Roola asked,but Apple Bloom didn’t respond.

“Apple Bloom”? Sweetie Belle called out, causing Apple Bloom to look up.

“Huh”? The farm pony filly asked.

“Toss the ball”. Sweetie Belle stated.

“Oh”! Apple Bloom realized. “Sorry, she apologized and tossed the ball to Sweetie Belle, however it went over Sweetie Belle’s head and into some bushes. Apple Bloom blushed in embarrassment. “Heh heh, oops”. She said, with a nervous chuckle.

“It’s alright, I’ll go get”.

“AGGGGGHHHH!!!!!” Sweetie Belle was interrupted by a loud ear splitting scream.

“What in Equestria was that”?! Asked Silverspoon.

“I don’t know, but it sounds like somepony’s hurt”! Scootaloo stated. The fillies ran towards the source of the scream as quick as they could where they saw the pony who screamed.

“OH MY GOD”! Sweetie Belle shrieked in horror. Their laying on the ground with blood pouring out was Rainbow Dash. She was laying on her back, with what looked like a large branch impaling her stomach.

“Rainbow Dash, what happened”?! Scootaloo asked. Rainbow Dash had tears in her eyes.

“I I was just napping, when this ball came out of nowhere. And caused me to fall, and this branch to impale me”. She told them. Apple Bloom felt herself get sweaty, as she noticed the ball she had tossed. Her vision started to blur, her breathing intensified and she let out a loud scream of anguish.

“AHHHHHHH”! She cried as Sweetie Belle, and Diamond Tiara ran over to the now sobbing filly.

“It’s my fault, it’s my fault, It’s my fault”! She cried. Sweetie Belle pulled Apple Bloom into a huge hug as the filly cried from sadness, and fear.

“Shh, shh, shh it’s okay, it’s okay”. Sweetie Belle comforted you didn’t mean to do it”. She tried to calm Apple Bloom, but nothing was helping, as Apple Bloom could hardly speak due to how hard she was crying. Meanwhile Rainbow Dash herself was crying in pain.

“Oh it hurts so bad”. She wailed. Scootaloo, Silverspoon, and Coconut Cream stayed with Rainbow Dash, while Petunia, and Toola Roola went to help comfort Apple Bloom who was now a blubbering crying mess her tears and snot covered Sweetie Belle’s chest, but she didn’t care. She hated seeing Apple Bloom like this.

Back with Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, Silverspoon, and Coconut Cream were trying to think of what to do.

“Should we take it out”? Coconut cream asked, referring to the branch that was in Rainbow Dash’s stomach.

“No”! Said Silverspoon. “If somepony is stabbed or impaled then you should try to remove said object from them”. She stated.

“Then what do we do”?! Coconut Cream asked. Scootaloo gasped.

“We have to get a grownup, they’ll know what to do”. She stated. The others nodded in agreement.

“Petunia and I will go”. Said Toola Roola. The two of them began to run off when all of a sudden they heard laughter. The filles all turned to see Rainbow Dash getting up. She was laughing hysterically as she pulled the branch out revealing that it and the blood had been fake.

“Gotcha”! She laughed as she flew over to a still crying Apple Bloom who looked up and the Rainbow haired pegasus with a look of extreme sadness. “Oh Apple Bloom, you should have seen the look on your face when you thought you killed me, Oh man priceless”. Rainbow Dash laughed.

Apple Bloom sniffled. “Why”?

“Hmm”? Rainbow Dash raised an Eyebrow.

“Why would you do this to me”? Apple Bloom asked as tears streamed down her face.

“Uh, duh, because pranking other ponies is funny”. Rainbow Dash stated. “Now if you’ll excuse me I have another prank to plan”. Rainbow Dash said as she flew away feeling triumphant.

“Ugh I can’t believe her”. Said Diamond Tiara.

“Yeah, that one was way too far, I mean she knows Apple Bloom has anxiety”! Sweetie Belle exclaimed angrily. Scootaloo meanwhile watched as Rainbow Dash flew away. Suddenly a wicked Smile appeared on her face.

“Hey girls”. She said quietly, causing the others too look up at her. “How does that zombie prank sound now”? She asked

Scenerio 2
The CMCs were walking across town discussing the prank.

“I get why doing this is necessary, but I just Feel that this is wrong”. Sweetie Belle stated.

“I agree, I know Rainbow Dash is going a bit far with her pranks, but don’t the others think this is a bit much. Scootaloo replied.

“There’s nothing we can do except wait for it to be over, and maybe hopefully Rainbow Dash will learn a lesson”. Apple Bloom said. The CMCs kept on walking when all of a sudden Rainbow Dash landed in front of them. She had a strange look of panic on her face.

“Apple Bloom, quick, it’s an emergency”! Rainbow Dash stated. Immediately a million different scenarios started to play in Apple Bloom’s mind.

“What happened”? She asked nervously.

“It’s Granny Smith she suddenly collapsed and is in the hospital, you need to go there now”! Rainbow Dash exclaimed! Apple Bloom gasped, and instantly ran towards the hospital with Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo following her. Apple Bloom of course had a feeling this might be a prank, but there was no way she was going to take that chance. The CMCs made to the hospital, and Apple Bloom rushed over to the desk.

“Nurse Redheart”! She yelled, causing the nurse to look down at her.

“Apple Bloom what’s wrong”? Ellie asked.

“My Granny Smith did she come into today”? Apple Bloom asked.

“No, why do you ask”? Ellie asked. Apple Bloom sighed in relief as she realized it had been a prank.

“No reason, I just made a mistake, sorry for bothering you”. Apple Bloom apologized. Elie nodded as watched as the CMCs left the hospital.

“What now”? Asked Scootaloo.

“We head back to my house”. Apple Bloom stated. The CMCs did so, and as soon as they walked through the door, they saw Granny Smith was alive and well, as well as Big Mac, and Applejack. Apple Bloom went over and hugged Granny Smith who was taken aback by this.

“What’s this now”? Granny Smith asked.

“I’m just glad you’re okay”. Apple Bloom stated as she looked up at her grandmother. Granny Smith noticed that Apple Bloom’s eyes were red.

“Apple Bloom dear, have you been crying”? She asked Hearing that caused Applejack, and Big Mac to walk over to.

“Sugarcube what happened”? Asked Applejack.

“Rainbow Dash pranked her by telling her that Granny Smith had collapsed and was in the hospital”. Scootaloo answered. This caused Applejack to get very angry.

“Why that, I can’t believe she would do something like that to my little sister”. She grumbled.

“Eeyup”. Growled Big Macintosh. Just then Apple Bloom spoke up.

“Applejack, you said something about a zombie prank right”. She asked her elder sister. Applejack, seeing the look on Apple Bloom’s face, gulped.

“Yes”. She said nervously. Apple Bloom only made that face when she was really ticked off. To describe it was kind of difficult. Basically Apple Bloom would become very calm. She would speak softly yet firmly, and her eyes would appear to stare into your soul.

“How are we going about this”? Apple Bloom asked.

• Brohoof 1

I would have just made it a Discord episode, an episode where Discord finally got his comeuppance for once in his life would have been a lot more gratifying than having yet another episode dedicated to punishing RD so soon in the same season as Newbie Dash, another episode that already treated her like garbage, it was the last thing she needed

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, TheUnknownPhantom5 said:

Why was this moved to cannon discussion I was writing to possible scenes for a Fanfiction and I needed help on which scene was better.

Nowhere in your original post did you state this was for a fan fiction. Since that was the case, it came across as if you made a “this is how I would improve this episode” thread, those of which do belong in MLP:FiM Canon Discussion. 

Now that we know this is for a fan fiction, it will be moved back with a title change.

• The title was changed to Wiring a fan fiction that includes changes to the episode ‘28 Pranks Later’ - Which is better?