Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request Battle Background Vectors

Happy Heart

I'm looking for one or more artists that can draw in vector art, and I want backgrounds to be used for side-view battles for my MLP/Final Fantasy fan projects. If you can provide the artworks I want, I can do everything else through RPG Maker XP. This can be a short-term or long-term engagement for anyone interested; your choice. Please comment if interested.

2 hours ago, PhantomThorns said:

Guess would depend the sort of detail your after, I do vectors but my style is a bit simplistic if your looking for something more detailed

Sure, simplistic is fine, no big deal. But there is a certain detail I must mention: RPGMXP's screen resolution amounts to 640px width and 480px height, and in order for backdrops to look good, most of the foreground of the backdrop has to cover the most ground and the far back of the backdrop should fill less than half that, as seen here with Griffonstone backdropn. And you can see how the bordered image below Griffonstone backdrop the example of how they should fit into the screen.

(Green: Foreground. Red: Background)

There's gotta be enough room for the UI, character sprites and background of the battle screen to be visible.

I hope that's not too detailed for you, but that's how I want it.griffonstone_by_boneswolbach_d92ri3j-fullview.png.1ecc18b4de39e0e5281dab789a5faf87.png

2091907435_Untitled05-15-202203-16-19.png.2cf83560bcb6ffbecc073d47798ac285.png

Hm, well i guess i can show off a few backgrounds ive done in the past to see what you think of them, most of these the background wasnt really the focus so could probably put a fair bit more detail into something new.

Lost Beaten ChangelingCave Background

Banana Robery

• Brohoof 1

The cave backdrop looks feasible. I can take a stab at editing existing vectors, but the biggest problems are custom backdrops for places there aren't any existing vector art for, such as Klugetown or Mount Aris. At least, none that'll fit as a side-view battle backdrop. Those are locations that might need a touch more detail than these, but there are other planned locations that doesn't require that much detail.

Do you think you can do a beachfront underneath a setting sun? :please: That's a backdrop I'm needing but can't find.