Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Least popular MLP characters.

CastletonSnob

Fans seem to despise characters who are jerks. I have commonly seen these 10 ponies as the most disliked:

!! This is not a list  I personally agree with !!

1. Flim & Flam
  2. Prince Blueblood
  3. Zephyr Breeze
  4. Spoiled Rich
  5. Filthy Rich
  6. Lighting Dust
  7. Snips
  8. Snails
  9. Quibble Pants
  10. Trixie

Any of the one-off characters introduced in the final season.

2759484.gif

Seriously, the first background ponies have had stories all fleshed out for them by fans, but guys like Feather Flatterfly doesn't even have more than a dozen fanart drawings of him.

• Brohoof 1

Any one-shot jerk character like Feather Bangs, Sludge, Spoiled Rich, Suri, or Blueblood seems to be widely disliked. To me, characters like that are just jerks we're supposed to have fun not liking in the moment they appear and move on from, even as I do get why some wanted ones like Sludge and Suri to get more comeuppance. Always found hating on them to be silly though. Garble and Zephyr Breeze also get a ton of hate, but I only really dislike Garble's completely pointless reformation arc and find Zehpyr's terribleness to be pretty funny, honestly. I feel the truly least popular characters of the show, however, are the one-shot characters who seem to be widely forgotten, not hated. Yeah, I'm talking Hoity-Toity, Zesty, Tender Taps, Rumble, and who could remember, Pouch Pony, the guy who buys Pinkie's party cannon in The Gift of the Maud Pie. A true lack of popularity isn't a product of contempt, rather apathy. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Least popular? Let's just say, you won't find too much fan art for:

1. Zesty Gourmand

2. Plaid Stripes

3. Gladmane

4. Ms. Harshwhinny

5. Pouch Pony

6. Stellar Flare

7. Feather Bangs

8. Trenderhoof

9. Wind Rider

10. Quibble Pants

11. Mudbriar

Edited by Sasoriman
Honorable mention
  • Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, Sasoriman said:

Least popular? Let's just say, you won't find too much fan art for:

Mudbriar

Mudbriar was another one I remembered after I made my post. Hate for him's way overblown, and it still humors me how the writers totally called it in his debut episode. Waifu thievery hate is so freaking childish. Maud's one of my all-time favorite characters and I do give af that they gave her a love interest, NO:maud: Even the moderately more justified distaste for Flash Sentry, silly. 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, CloudMistDragon said:

A true lack of popularity isn't a product of contempt, rather apathy. 

That, pretty much. Many of the newer characters failed to really make a splash. This is the same thing that happened to the dude I mentioned. I'm like, one of only ten people he made an impression on.

• Brohoof 2

@CloudMistDragon

Those two barely registered on my radar, and it's funny to me too. If they (the writers) had written Flash into the show as Twilight's top guard for season 5-ish, not to develop him, but to troll the haters some more, it would've been funnier still. Maybe.

45 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

It seems to be any character who was only in one episode and didn’t make a lasting impression. There’s quite a lot of those, especially in the later seasons.

This is true. :( The pony Screwball only appeared (I think) twice in the show, never talked, was there only for a few seconds and was very tiny in background, I didn't even notice her in most of my watch-throughs. And yet, she received over 1,500 fan arts!

I really like Sans Smirk. :) But since he appeared later on, there is not much fan art of him. There are way more scenes of him than Screwball, he talks, has funny moments - everything. But he only has 261 images on Derpibooru. Only less than 20 fan arts, most of them weird. :lie: He only has like 6 relevant images of fan art. :(

He is not the "least" popular one, that would be some random background ponies.

I cannot name 10 characters

1. Fleur De Lis

2. Granny Smith

3. Maud Pie

4.-10. all the rest characters that didn't have screen time that much at all or people just don't seem to care about them. I personally like the characters mentioned above but I would say I'm very sure about that most of the fans don't really care because they don't offer much or anything special

• Brohoof 1

I feel like aside from the ones already mentioned, these other characters are not so popular:

1. Cranky Doodle Donkey

2. Mr and Mrs Cake

3. Junebug

4. Ms Cheerilee

5. Sapphire Shores

6. Aunt and Uncle Orange

7. Double Diamond

8. Night Glider

9. Flash Sentry

10. Royal Guards

• Brohoof 2

On 2022-05-26 at 6:03 AM, Sven Seelenherz said:

he only has 261 images on Derpibooru. Only less than 20 fan arts, most of them weird. :lie: He only has like 6 relevant images of fan art. :(

My dude Feather Flatterfly is even worse. He doesn't even have 100 on derpibooru yet!

Maybe I should find someone to commission!

Zephyr Breeze may not be well loved by the fan base and can be obnoxious but his very existence, his relatable fear of failure, his song, episode and lesson saved my life when I was at a low point in my college studies. Seriously, I would have been mentally and emotionally broken and dead years ago if it weren't for him

Anyone who claims something like "Zephyr Breeze is stupid and anyone who likes him is a fool" well, they disappoint me for hating on the fans who actually find merit to an otherwise hated character. Same thing applies to any of the "least popular" characters

• Brohoof 1