Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

WIP: Concept page for my take on Kirins

Coffee Witch

(edited)

Hello~

As they title states, down below is the start of my new breeds creation process! 

Although I don't have a name for them yet, these boys are a sub breed underneath the Kirin's. Now unlike our normal beautiful mountain dwelling friends, mine primarily travel within and around the  cold and harsh boarders of the Crystal Mountains.

I've only gotten the mares down but if your curious, the overall lore/information for the breed as a whole is underneath this.

880749303_CustomKirinBreedconcept(mare).thumb.png.e87a2b765ca760339461197ad643bee5.png

Overview information

Very much a kirin but have a more dragon like appearance such as having a nearly scaled covered body, a much longer and distinct tail, along with wide hooves and horns that resemble those seen on moose/elk. Their pupils have the ability to change size according to both mood and environment. Also have sharp teeth and a very potent venom.

Female conformation is "curvy", as seen with their neck.

Still trying to work on the stallions.

Now regarding the use of "fire", these Kirin's don't possess that exact ability so ima figure out what to use as a substitute. Something that resembles dry ice? Who knows xD

EXTRA FLUFFY BABIESSSS

A Little bit of in-depth information 

The extra scales help with protecting the body from flying residue and harsh winds, whereas the hooves enables the ability for extra traction.

Both genders grow antlers. Mare's resembles Elk and Stallions lean more towards moose shaped.

Because of the lack of vegetation within their home, meat tends to be their preferred choice of food. Fish, seal, birds, and the occasional fox, wolf, large deer tend to keep them full and happy.

Of course to avoid creating an over powered breed, there are many predators and risk factors. Polar bears, wolves, camouflaged mountain lions and snow leopards, and they ever lurking monsters are also a threat no matter what. Even the mountains themselves can turn into a deadly war zone. Collapsing caves, avalanches, and loose rocks/slippery ice has dragged many to their doom. 

Their purpose 

These Kirins are by no means reserved. If anything, these hefty creatures travel between local pony villages with valuable pelts, trinkets, rare herbs/flowers, and plentiful meat. Now on the flip side, they tend to keep to themselves during downtime and rarely, if ever, let anypony into their tiny tribes. 

During the end of autumn, they tend to "disappear" into the mountains, which in reality is just the herd fleeing towards hidden hot springs for some much needed rest. This is also around the time mares began foaling. 

Edited by Coffee Witch
  • Brohoof 5