Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Maretime Bay Adventure Game Released Today (PS4/PS5/Switch/XBOX)

Courageous Thunder Dash

1 minute ago, HereComesTom said:

I actually got 100% completion on the game in under 3 hours.  I had to beat it 3 times, since I kept having my Let's Play game footage blown away by pressing the wrong button on my capture software :/  My Let's Play is on another thread in this forum.

I watched it. Very cool, BFFFF! Also, thank you for answering  my Izzy Moonbow question. :D

I guess the part with the unicycling tables could be a mini game. Maybe it was the thing where you had to find supplies. :huh:

• Brohoof 2

I finally decided to check out this discussion, because why the heck not?  I get the sense it's way overpriced even for people who are really into G5.  I think I'll wait, for both a cheaper price, and for G5 to get good enough to win me over like FiM did to the extent that I would consider buying a videogame tie-in, and this is coming from someone who's an avid gamer.  

• Brohoof 4

49 minutes ago, Savygriffs said:

I need to hop back onto the game, even though I already beat it.

I sure decked Sunny out in all kinds of accessories though.

My favorite accessory in this game is Izzy Moonbow's hat from when she was rapping in "Fit Right In". :eager:

• Brohoof 3

On 2022-06-22 at 2:02 AM, Sparklefan1234 said:

My favorite accessory in this game is Izzy Moonbow's hat from when she was rapping in "Fit Right In". :eager:

That WAS a good one, wasn't it?  It took me a while to realize that baseball hat was the same one, but it really suits Sunny and is a great shout-out!

On 2022-06-21 at 9:45 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

I guess the part with the unicycling tables could be a mini game. Maybe it was the thing where you had to find supplies. :huh:

Yeah, she did send Sunny to find painting supplies about four different times, I think.

The game was exploration, fetch quests, minigames, and a little bit of platforming---a tiny amount of platforming if you just want to finish the main story, a modest amount of platforming if you wanted 100% completion.

I thought it did a good job of rewarding exploration and platforming skills, and the wearable items and rollerblades were (mostly) good rewards for completing the main questline; those are its strong points.

Its weak points are the fact that there was so little content to the game that I could 100% it in less than 3 hours, and it lacked polish:  several things were poorly animated, most cutscenes had characters with only two facial expressions, you couldn't even go into the Crystal Brighthouse, and some of the voice acting that wasn't done by the main five was pretty bad.

I think the game was rushed to coincide with the release of MYM's first episode; Sunny has several cutscenes where she actually has really good facial expressions, while other characters seem to have only two facial expressions in most cutscenes:  happy, and suspicious/disgusted.

• Brohoof 1