Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01:E12 - The Game Is Ahoof

CastletonSnob

It's Thursday, and that means another Tell Your Tale episode!

Title: The Game Is Ahoof
Release Date: June 2nd, 2022
Written By: Ryan Denham
Synopsis: Zipp becomes suspicious of every pony when her sunglasses goes missing.
Note:

• Brohoof 1

So that's how those 'sunglasses' Zipp is shown wearing during the credits come from. I was wondering on the side if we were ever going to get an explanation and we did. Zipp reminds me a lot about Pinkie Pie when she tried her hoof at being a detective. While Zipp's isn't as memorable here as she had no one to bounce ideas off of, I can appreciate the sight gags and reactions.

• Brohoof 3

This is by FAR my favorite episode of TyT. Zipp being a detective is just so on-point and I LOVE it! Add in Sunny not taking Zipp's shit and just the general humor being quite funny...LOVE IT!

• Brohoof 4

(edited)
2 hours ago, Pathfinder Symphony said:

This is by FAR my favorite episode of TyT. Zipp being a detective is just so on-point and I LOVE it! Add in Sunny not taking Zipp's shit and just the general humor being quite funny...LOVE IT!

Sunny was prepared for sunglasses shenanigans.  Her reaction was basically: "I brought mine from home, dude.". :nom:

Also, I LOVE mystery episodes and we've had two so far! Yay! :D

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

This might be my favorite episode yet! Detective Zipp is such a cool and awesome position for her to have and this episode was full of laughs!

And those new glasses she got at the end were so awesome!

I hope they do more with Detective Zipp in the future!

Edited by DivineFive1000
  • Brohoof 3

"OBJECTION!" 

TYT goes Ace Attorney with Zipp being a bad cop? Perfect! Thoroughly entertaining, favorite part was when it looked like Izzy was the culprit and then it ended up finally giving us an explanation for how Zipp got the special glasses she has in the credits. I really like how this episode makes Zipp's flaws as a character and a detective so fun to watch, she and Hitch have to do a "Bad Cop, Good Cop" style interrogation on someone now. :bedeyes:

• Brohoof 2

24 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

Izzy made a visor with night vision and X-ray vision.

I think she might be smarter than given credit for.

Izzy is a tech genius, who knew? :ooh:

My guess is that Izzy started unicycling and slowly started expanding her creative knowledge as time went on. :huh:

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I loved this episode! :wub: It's cute how Zipp is trying to train to be a detective and how differently everyone responded. Sunny absolutely cracked me up when she whipped out her own sunglasses as proof that she didn't steal them.

Also, can we bring the "love/like/dislike/hate" polls back to gauge how everyone feels about the episodes? I miss those.

Edited by ExplosionMare
  • Brohoof 3

That was cute and fun! I really liked that one!

Zipp is definitely awesome, and now you can see that she's pretty intense when she needs to be. And that explains what that visor thing was in the credits!

Remember: Izzy made that. That's way more than making some contraption out of random objects.

The first person view actually gave me Metroid Prime vibes with all the visor types, so I went ahead and I made this:

2879692.jpg

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

This was really good! Probably my favourite of all these Tell Your Tale shorts so far :Thorax:

I've noticed that Pony episodes (whether they're just shorts or normal length) that have an investigation theme always seem to turn out really good, such as this and Foal Me Once from earlier in the season, and the FiM episodes Rarity Investigates! and MMMystery on the Friendship Express. And the best Equestria Girls Choose Your Own Ending was that one where Rarity was being a detective.

Edited by Solar Power

9 hours ago, Toastypk said:

2879692.jpg

Is that a human hand at the lower right corner?

Could the Human World exist in G5? If so, how does Izzy know about it? Was she a human?

What if the Izzy post-MLP:ANG is Human Izzy impersonating as Pony Izzy? If so, what happened to Pony Izzy?

What if the Izzy post-MLP:ANG is a changeling impersonating as Pony Izzy, who knows about the Human World?

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to S01:E12 - The Game Is Ahoof
  • 1 month later...