Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

People have a theory on who that unicorn is at the end of Make Your Mark (spoilers)

Toastypk

(edited)

Just so you know, this will go into spoilers for the end scene of Make Your Mark. Be warned!

Spoiler

large.png

So Make Your Mark ended with the reveal of a mysterious shadowy alicorn, who we don't know the name of yet. Theories have floated around a lot about who she is, or what her role is, or what she did in the backstory, but she is clearly going to be a villain.

But there is another pony next to her, a unicorn.

2873332.png

It would be a reasonable guess to say this unicorn is her underling of sorts. But people have noticed that may not be so.

She's very concerned. Like she's not excited about what's going on. Could she perhaps be... somepony who ISN'T an antagonist? Who isn't going to be on board with what Miss Mysterious has in mind? May possibly become a friend to the Mane Five? Why even include her in this scene? Does showing her sort of hint at some possible significance?

But people have theorized one thing further.

Months ago, an image of some of the VA cast appeared, including one name never seen before.

2832327.png

Who's Misty? People wondered for months.

So people have guessed... could this unicorn be Misty? If her voice actor is alongside the mane cast, will she be a prominent protagonist?

What are your thoughts?

large.png

https://derpibooru.org/images/2874401

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 3

Why does the name "Misty Merriweather" jump into my head?  I mean, Merriweather was a G-3 pony character, but I know this is the first time I personally have seen the "Misty" name associated with My Little Pony.

• Brohoof 1

On the poster for My Little Pony: A New Generation, portraits for the voices for minor characters serving as a foil to the main characters were featured alongside the Mane 5 too. This unicorn might very well be that Misty and probably will reform, but a voice bubble alongside the main cast doesn't confirm her joining the main cast. 

Interesting.  I actually forgot the whole Misty thing before you brought it up.  I already thought that the unicorn was going to get a redemption arc and join the main cast, but putting this into perspective, it looks like we might actually have a name for them, and I have to say that this adds more credence to this theory.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

The subtitles just called her "Alicorn" when I was watching on Netflix.  I'm not sure we know her name, yet.

Can't say the 3D style makes this look all that appealing, it is still a tough pill to swallow.

• Brohoof 2

On 2022-06-06 at 2:38 AM, HereComesTom said:

The subtitles just called her "Alicorn"

Another alicorn so soon? :Tempest:

Netflix subtitles are great!

46 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Another alicorn so soon? :Tempest:

Personally, I feel like the timing is correct:  alicorns were baked into G-4's world so deeply that the day/night cycle couldn't function without them.  So if G-5 is in the same universe, and is going to start answering some questions about how G-4's Equestria turned into G-5's Equestria, then they're going to have to bring an alicorn or three into the picture somehow or other---they could've done so through flashbacks or journals in theory, but having the alicorn as a character in the show can work, too.

• Brohoof 2