Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01:E13 - Dumpster Diving

Ganondorf8

Title: Dumpster Diving
Release Date: June 8th, 2022
Written By: Alex Collier
Synopsis: Izzy sets out to find a ring in order to finish making a gift for Sunny.
Note:

This apparently came up a short time ago so I figured on sharing this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP-1mHpZ5ag

Watching this gave me a new impression of Izzy.

• Brohoof 3

10 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Izzy would get along great with Oscar the Grouch. Also, I guess nothing is truly wasted with Izzy Moonbow around. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I like the concept of self-elevating crystals. Could they be used as emergency supplies or be used to power machinery?

Could the crystals from Bridlewood absorb and contain certain types of magic?

The crystals could be utilized, and Izzy could be saddened to see that the crystals aren't appreciated for their beauty as they used to be.

Izzy loves to be resourceful, but she would care about appreciating and taking care of resources.

Edited by Rosy Moonlight
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)
On 2022-06-08 at 5:03 PM, The Nth Doctor said:

Not sure why they turned Izzy into a sociopath with no regard to others' feelings, which I guess is... one way to keep people from calling her a Pinkie clone, I guess?

Izzy is my second favorite Gen 5 pony but the way she was acting gave me Pinkie Pie in "A Friend in Deed" flashbacks. *Shudders* :sealed:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

• The title was changed to G05-TYT: S01:E13- Dumpster Diving (MLP: Tell Your Tale)

It was a fun episode; tho I'm afraid Izzy was a bit too extreme here. XD

• Brohoof 5

I feel so sorry for Posey in this short. Is it her lot in life to be on the receiving end of so much grief? Also, Izzy was borderline obsessive over completing that gift for Sunny. I shudder to think what could've happen had she gone too far.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)
9 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Title: Dumpster Diving
Release Date: June 8th, 2022
Written By: Alex Collier
Synopsis: Izzy sets out to find a ring in order to finish making a gift for Sunny.
Note:

This apparently came up a short time ago so I figured on sharing this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP-1mHpZ5ag

I thought she was looking for a washer.

310px-Washers.agr.jpg

She spent the first part of the episode dismantling things and pulling out washers.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

It was pretty entertaining, some nice moments and jokes (poor stallion...) and I like Posey so her inclusion was welcomed. Izzy was a bit too much in this episode, close to PP at her craziest and the whole garbge thing was... something... . Also, her CM just glowed when she completed her task. Poor Pipp though...

Edited by Rushing cash
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm.  So apparently this episode focused on Izzy making the Maretime Bay day gift she ended up giving to Sunny in the Make Your Mark special.  Interesting.  I wonder if this means that more of the Tell Your Tale shorts will focus on these small moments that we don't actual see in Make Your Mark.  And honestly I wouldn't mind seeing that happen.  It would help make the two series feel more connected to one another, and make both feel worth your time.

• Brohoof 4

I didn't watch mlp tell your tale yet when i found out about mlp "tell your tale" Make your mark was almost out and i was trying to watch make your mark the day it came out and maybe a few hours late but make sure i watch it but yeah idk about Tell Your tale much.

Also i prefer the 3D version 

8 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

I'm surprised Sunny didn't appear given that the gift Izzy made was for her. Would've been interesting to see her reaction.

I was thinking about that, but is this the same gift that Izzy gave Sunny in the MyM special? I could be wrong on that...

• Brohoof 2

This is my favorite Izzy episode so far! It’s cool seeing her take her unicycling and using it to make presents for her friends… but poor Posey at the same time. :P

And they did a song about literal trash and I loved that song!

• Brohoof 3

So first, Izzy cleans her ears with Sunny's toothbrush, then she gets her spit on a whole batch of pancakes, then she hums a tune about earth ponies not cleaning their underwear, and now, she sings a whole song about trash. What is up with the increase in gross humor in this show and all of it involving Izzy? :sealed:

Regardless, I can actually laugh at "Sociopath Izzy" because she isn't a sociopath, she's just like a kid who doesn't understand other people's boundaries. Not a super great episode, but a funny one. :BrightMacContent:

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Regardless, I can actually laugh at "Sociopath Izzy" because she isn't a sociopath, she's just like a kid who doesn't understand other people's boundaries. Not a super great episode, but a funny one. :BrightMacContent:

I think you said what was most important here. Izzy isn't so much like Pinkie, but maybe an exaggerated version of Starlight Glimmer. Granted unlike Starlight who was extremely anxious when it came to social interactions, Izzy just has no understanding of boundaries in the first place.

I dunno; I get a different vibe with Izzy than I do with Pinkie and I really appreciate it. :)

• Brohoof 4

I actually saw the song before I saw the episode, thanks to another discussion.  It was enough to get me to watch another episode of TYT even though I really don't know why I keep watching these.  Perhaps I'm still holding out hope that MYM will get good, and manage to make all of G5 worthwhile.  Time will tell, I suppose.

In any case, the song is the best part of the episode IMHO.  Everything else for me is just too many layers of cringe.  Well, ok, I think Hitch pointing out that Pegasi have an advantage in diving is a valid point.  I do think Izzy can be thoughtful with her Unicycling, so there's that.  However, I really don't like that she has become quite a sociopath, to the point where it's apparent that Posey's disdain of Unicorns at least, isn't unfounded.  A New Generation Izzy may have lacked some social awareness at times, but there's a difference between that and blatantly disregarding the safety and welfare of other ponies and their possessions.  It's clear that she would be an awful roommate, between this episode and the one actually centered around her being a terrible roommate.

On 2022-06-09 at 7:16 AM, cmarston1 said:

Hmm.  So this focused on Izzy making the Maretime Bay gift she ended up giving to Sunny in the Make Your Mark special.  Interesting.  I wonder if this means that more of the Tell Your shorts will focus on these small moments that we don't actual see in Make Your Mark.  And honestly I wouldn't mind seeing that happen.  It would help make the two series feel more connected to one another, and make both feel worth your time.

Eh...for me it depends on how well it's all executed.  If you don't feel either the short or the moment ties into is worth your time, I fail to see how having one tie into the other somehow changes that.  I suppose it's not a bad novelty, especially if there are interesting moments from the main series that are worth exploring further.  It just really comes down to the writing quality of both, and whether we are invested in both.  In this case, I think the moment in MYM is fine.  Izzy going on a sociopathic rampage to get the perfect washer to make that gift happen however, takes away from rather than adding to it IMHO. 

At least there's a catchy song, I suppose.  It's also worth noting that this episode isn't nearly as bad as that bunny hop one, though that's likely more of a testament to how low that one set the bar with anything, as I don't see how it could be possible to outbad that episode, as that is weapon grade levels of cringe.  Then again, maybe I've jinxed it and this series will somehow manage to go nuclear with its cringe.  

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, AlbaTross said:

Izzy going on a sociopathic rampage to get the perfect washer to make that gift happen however, takes away from rather than adding to it IMHO. 

I'm with you on this; the characterization between ANG and MYM is strong enough, but between those two and TYT...

ANG!Izzy would never be this disrespectful of other ponies' property and safety, at least, she doesn't seem like it.  I understand why the writers had Izzy act the way they did; it was typical cartoon slapstick hijinx, and it did make me laugh in a cringy way.  But I really wish they could provide that kind of humor and still keep the characterization consistent. 

Heck, TYT!Izzy and ANG!Izzy don't even look alike to me; TYT!Izzy's mane has too much volume to it; ANG!Izzy's mane hugs her head fairly closely.  Though Izzy feels like the only one whose character design is that different between her incarnations.

• Brohoof 1