Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01:E13 - Dumpster Diving

Ganondorf8

On 2022-06-10 at 2:29 AM, Rainbowshine295 said:

Anyone notice how the diver pony's name was Neptune?

Did that remind you of her?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcfyQ72bVmzJer-xC3YSb

Seriously, I've been researching about such stuff a lot lately.

Not really, but Neptune is also the Roman god of horses tho :fluttershy:

(edited)

Sadly, I think this might be my least favorite episode of Tell Your Tale that I've seen so far & it's a shame because Izzy is my second favorite pony. :blush:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

The first half of the episode was enjoyable enough, but I didn't enjoy the trash song, which was a shame since it was actually pretty catchy. To me the song downplayed the fact that she was literally swimming in garbage a bit too much, and seemed more like it was glamorizing dumpster diving and not teaching the importance of recycling.

• Brohoof 3

On 2022-06-11 at 7:42 PM, HereComesTom said:

I'm with you on this; the characterization between ANG and MYM is strong enough, but between those two and TYT...

ANG!Izzy would be this disrespectful of other ponies' and , at least, she doesn't seem like it.  I understand why the writers had Izzy act the way they did; it was typical cartoon slapstick hijinx, and it did make me laugh in a cringy way.  But I wish they could provide that kind of humor and still keep the characterization consistent. 

Heck, TYT!Izzy and ANG!Izzy don't even look alike to me; TYT!Izzy's mane has too much volume to it; ANG!Izzy's mane hugs her head closely.  Though Izzy feels like the whose character design is that different between her incarnations.

Yeah, the different incarnations of Izzy do actually feel like different characters.  Inconsistent writing of any character isn't going to help G5 in the long run, even if it's just one of the Mane Five.

3 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Sadly, I think this might be my least favorite of Tell Your that I've seen so far & it's a shame because Izzy is my second favorite pony. :blush:

Even more than Pipp's bunny hop cringe fest?  Ouch.

3 hours ago, CorvetteZora said:

The half of was enjoyable enough, but I didn't enjoy the trash song, which was a shame since it was pretty catchy. To me the song downplayed the that she was literally swimming in a bit too much, and seemed more like it was glamorizing dumpster diving and not the importance of recycling.

I definitely miss Ingram's songs.  There's something off about G5's songs as although the best ones are catchy, they really don't feel all that deep to me, and yes, that includes ANG's most popular song.  Even when Ingram was engaging in intentional cringe, there was still something particularly charming about it.  

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
10 minutes ago, AlbaTross said:

Even more than Pipp's bunny hop cringe fest?  Ouch.

1. It was due to how Izzy was going around like a crazy pony in the first few minutes trying to find a ring. 

2. I love singing the Hip Hop Bunny Bop song. :twismile:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

1. It was due to how Izzy was going around like a crazy pony in few minutes trying to find a ring. 

2. I love singing the Hip Hop Bop song. :twismile:

Fair enough.  Pipp wasn't actively harming ponies with her overindulgence in social media trends, so there's that.  It's definitely not my kind of cringe, but I suppose neither is a sociopathic character.  

• Brohoof 3

On 2022-06-09 at 10:27 AM, Pathfinder Symphony said:

I was thinking about that, but is this the same gift that Izzy gave Sunny in the MyM special? I could be wrong on that...

Yeah that’s what I thought. I think it’s interesting the way they are trying to tie MyM and TyT together like this.

• Brohoof 2

You know that you're watching a good show when the general reaction to an episode that, as the stigma says, turned everyone's favorite character into a sociopath obsessed with trash varies from "Eh, it wasn't very good." to "Pretty good! Best part was the song about trash!". :mlp_icwudt:

And seriously, that trash song's garbagely awesome. Still not tired of it. :mlp_nom:

• Brohoof 1

This was a fun one. I always seem to like the ones based around Izzy. Nice little song too. :P We need to get a full-length version of that song.

The more we see of Izzy the more it's obvious that she's the Pinkie Pie of this generation!

• The title was changed to S01:E13 - Dumpster Diving
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...