Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Moony the Cat - My new music project

Moony the Cat

I know i posted a similar Topic here already, when my music project was actually called Strange Sounds but all of those Songs are lost now because i erased everything during a depression phase.

However, i recently got interested into making music again, after listening to multiple of my favorite bands on Amazon Music.

Then i discovered the music maker program Soundtrap, which is easy enough to understand for me thank god. :laugh:

I used the name of one of the main characters from my Tumblr art Blog and already made 2 Songs.

The first one is called Little Melody:

And the second Song is actually a Fanmade Theme for the Furry Streamer Heartwood:

Yeah, i dont expect these songs to go anywhere, just like my art :please:

But as always i hope at least someone else is enjoying them.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

Would you like some feedback?

I am afraid what you are going to write, but yeah sure. :laugh:

Is that one of these Topics where you have to specify that you actually want advice? I know you can preset that to some forum categories, i guess i missed that when creating this topic, but yeah, feedback is allowed and wished. Also feared.

11 hours ago, Reason for Cancellation said:

I am afraid what you are going to write, but yeah sure. :laugh:

Is that one of these Topics where you have to specify that you actually want advice? I know you can preset that to some forum categories, i guess i missed that when creating this topic, but yeah, feedback is allowed and wished. Also feared.

Well, people can give their thoughts...in the past, people could just leave critiques on art...that is...until a few rotten apples spoiled the bunch...

Anyway, here goes

So I see you relied on Soundtrap to make your stuff. It's a great software for those who are just starting out with music production. 

With your songs however, their ideas were quite scattered. You have sudden loudness and sudden softness, versus a bell curve approach. Furthermore, some of the instruments you chose (like the distorted guitar in Heartwood) didn't quite go with the vibe of the song. The first step to making a great piece is to make absolutely sure that your ideas mesh well together. Start with one melody and try to stick with it throughout the whole piece. Also, make sure your harmonies blend in as well. I heard some dissonance and sometimes, dissonance is okay, but make sure to have a balance if you're gonna use it. 

All in all they have potential, but you need a little help with making sure your ideas stay together. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-06-09 at 10:27 PM, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

Well, people can give their thoughts...in the past, people could just leave critiques on art...that is...until a few rotten apples spoiled the bunch...

Anyway, here goes

So I see you relied on Soundtrap to make your stuff. It's a great software for those who are just starting out with music production. 

With your songs however, their ideas were quite scattered. You have sudden loudness and sudden softness, versus a bell curve approach. Furthermore, some of the instruments you chose (like the distorted guitar in Heartwood) didn't quite go with the vibe of the song. The first step to making a great piece is to make absolutely sure that your ideas mesh well together. Start with one melody and try to stick with it throughout the whole piece. Also, make sure your harmonies blend in as well. I heard some dissonance and sometimes, dissonance is okay, but make sure to have a balance if you're gonna use it. 

All in all they have potential, but you need a little help with making sure your ideas stay together. 

Sorry for responding late, hit a depression phase.

What do you mean with i should start with one melody and stick with it? Wouldnt that be boring? Usually songs who do that have lyrics in them and voices, i dont have that.

Also didnt i pretty much do that in Little Melody? I even felt the song sounded to much the same all the time.

I will think about your advice, however currently i have a troubles coming up with a new song anyway and feel burned out so who knows. :ooh:

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Reason for Cancellation said:

Sorry for responding late, hit a depression phase.

What do you mean with i should start with one melody and stick with it? Wouldnt that be boring? Usually songs who do that have lyrics in them and voices, i dont have that.

Also didnt i pretty much do that in Little Melody? I even felt the song sounded to much the same all the time.

I will think about your advice, however currently i have a troubles coming up with a new song anyway and feel burned out so who knows. :ooh:

Sticking to 1 melody doesn't mean you stay with the primary idea of said melody. Take the time to develop it. See what harmonies you can create around it. Sometimes, a harmony could lead to an incomplete melody, which means you have to find a way to finish it. Melodies are a lot like sentences in a story. Stories have different parts. The point is, connecting your melodies like stories can really pull your audience in and help them understand the goal of your music, "What is the composer trying to convey with his piece?"

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...