Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private IC: Return of the King (1x1 with Catpone Cerberus)

Props Valroa

@Props ValRoa
Una had no real reason to want to stop Sombra from reading, she wasn't really tired, and even if she would have been, she could easily just take a nap without bothering Sombra, the time of day didn't give her any reasoning for it either, since while she knew what the words meant, she didn't really have any learned association to them, rather for her it was simply, sleep when tired, wake when not. She did however bring up something, though instead of saying it to Sombra, she thought it out loud partly under her breath,  it wasn't really even intended for Sombra to react to, it was genuinely her just thinking out loud "I wonder if this place closes at all, there's lot of ponies for after dark." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sombra looks to her. "Canterlot is a city that never sleeps. Was like that when I visited here...a thousand years ago. Nothing changed since then, on that front. Tourists come in all over the world, constantly, at every time. Everyone wants to take a look at something." he said with a slight growl, because he was annoyed that they had to talk quietly due to the presence of so many other ponies around them. Sombra, like Una, didn't really care about the day-night cycle. Besides, he has messed with his mind so much - that he lost the natural inclination to sleep like normal ponies would.

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa
"If that is the case, I wonder if there's any spaces for those who can't read in this noise." it wasn't loud in the library per say, but it was loud for a library, the hoofstep sounds alone could easily break someone's concentration enough to make reading impossible "You know, soundproof rooms or something?" now that she thought about it, it could work for them too, because now with less ponies around, they would need to speak even quieter since the sound of the other ponies didn't drown out their conversations as well. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sombra would ponder Una's suggestion. "Perhaps they have something like that." he would speak as he gathered more books to read, related to the ones he was already reading. He would get up and stretch from sitting in the same place for hours, and then proceed to look around. After a while, they found a long hallway in the back with many private reading areas. All of the rooms were occupied, except for one room. The room itself was rather large, and had various maps for where to find things in the library. Outside of the window, he could see Celestia's castle. He scowled. 

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa
Una took the opportunity of grabbing few more books too as they happened to go past them, they were books about absorption again, though this time more practical in nature, with actual instructions in them, though as with the other books, there was only defensive stuff, it was bit of a shame, but it was also a good thing, because Una figured that due to his trust issues, Sombra would probably get paranoid if she was reading about something that could be used against him. 

Seeing Sombra's reaction to the castle, Una decided to bring up something when they were safely in the room, it was risky, as it could be taken as her questioning Sombra's authority, but she felt it was important enough to suffer the possible consequences. She took her usual submissive stance now that they were out of sight of others "Your highness, I have noticed your strong hatred towards the current rulers of this land, I understand why you hate them, and understand that hatred is....normal for you, but I can't help but notice how they always take over your mind." "Have you thought about that, you may be obsessed? I am in no place to tell you what to do, your highness, but I fear such obsession may blind you enough to lead to recklessness, which in turn may lead to unfavorable end result for you." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sombra's eyes twitched at the question and he brought himself to Una closely. He looked deeply into her eyes, staring her down. "You don't know what hate is." he said with a seething quiet sigh. "I am hate. You don't know what it's like to lose an army against imperialist aggressors...and then to be banished into some limbo between realms where all you have is your thoughts..." his eye twitched again. "My thoughts consumed me, for a thousand years...I thought that I could return, and finally find satisfaction in conquering what I rightfully deserved..." he quivered a bit and shook somewhat.

"And then I lose everything again. My original body. It was only due to my horn surviving the blast that I was able to reform my body. It was a long process. I was weak. I never felt so helpless in my life..." he said, as he gazed back out at the castle of the Princesses.

"They will pay for it...I will take what they love - and shatter it in-front of their eyes like they did with me..." he shut his eyes and sighed, trying to control himself. It took about a minute - he was almost about to burst into rage. He then would lean back. "I am beyond obsessed. It has consumed me." he spoke, more speaking to himself - than to Una. There was a hint of sorrow and pity in his voice. It was a more raw, candid reaction than one would probably expect. 

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa
Una wasn't actually that fazed by Sombra's reaction, she had expected worse, sure she was scared of him, she always was, but she didn't get any more scared than she already did before, and it was only partly because she was already fully so. Sombra was also either avoiding the fact she was trying to bring up, or was too wrapped up in himself to understand what she was saying, so she tried again, she had already dug a hole for herself, so why not dig it deeper, after all, loyalty didn't mean you couldn't critique someone, in fact, quite the opposite, those who agreed with everything were apple-polishers, those who dared to point out mistakes were the ones that actually cared about the cause. 

She also in a way wanted to know if Sombra would actually do something, he spoke highly of himself, but she hadn't actually seen him do anything, and while she couldn't stop being on his side, she found it harder to fully respect him, and....well, she had an idea why he had lost twice.

"Y-yes, you are hate, your highness, I know that, I also know you have a reason to hate them, but that was not what I meant." "I-I meant I'm worried you aren't in control of that hate, a mere sight of them makes you lose your train of thought, you won't stop talking about them, you have let them into your head." her voice was shaky, it was clear that she knew she was on a very thin ice at the moment, but mixed with her absolute fear of Sombra was certain level of determination, this was important enough to her to risk it all "Y-you are intelligent and capable, but if their mere presence makes you irrational, none of that matters." she then mentally prepared as she knew the next words may be the final nail "Y-you used raw power twice, you lost both times, is it not a time to try something else? time to take control of your hate rather than let it control you?" she then just closed her eyes and lowered her eyes towards the ground, as to prepare for...whatever it was that Sombra had threatened her with before, it was so vague that she didn't really know to even guess. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sombra had looked back at Una's face as he processed the words he was told carefully. Then he would lunge at her suddenly and the door to the private area would close with his magic. He didn't want anyone happening to see what was going on in the room, either way. Sombra had stopped less than an inch away from Una's face. Una could see his disguise fade away from that of a regular-ish looking black stallion.

His horn would turn red and curved. The whites of his eyes were replaced by the telltale sickly green color. His eyes were wild and dancing with dark magic as he stared down into her eyes with pure dominance. Not only that, Una could feel the pure hate he was feeling. It was a toxic, disgusting feeling. What she didn't know however - was this him actively projecting that feeling onto her? Or was it just how being close to him felt? She couldn't tell that either way. Una could a taste of the level of hatred Sombra felt - it was pure, raw, animalistic. It was also explosive, threatening to burst into rampage if anything would set it off further.

"I hate what I became because of them..." he snarled, absolutely enraged at the thought. "I lost to them two times. Lost my physical body...lost my subjects twice due to their corruption....and you have the gall to say I am irrational...?" he snarled again, snorting in fury. Just as it looked like he was about to physically attack her - Sombra would pull away, and grin wildly. His disguise was still no longer present, however. 

"Impressive. You not only are loyal - but you are far more intelligent than I would have predicted from the start. This is perfect." he said with greed. He then thought back to an earlier thought of is. Was Una a weapon? A biologically...engineered weapon? If that was the case, then he had truly succeeded at something for once. "You are of course...correct in your assessment...my hatred is what propels my power - but it is also why I lost, because I was too much of a fool to realize my own shortcomings..." he suddenly stomped a hoof in a sudden explosion of rage - but it was clearly directed at himself. 

"The mistake that I made was that I was too reliant on one resource. Hate. Dark Magic. Power. All intertwined as one. While potent, it lacked control...resources at the time to find other, more superior methods were limited...the Crystal Empire hidden Archives were all I had access to at the time..." he said, in thought.

"Already in my time here, I have came across the idea of refining my methods of power. No more helmets. Binding that power within rings...something that was unthinkable at the time. Not only that, but I have basic understandings of Light, Water, and Air magic...and this Amulet - enhances already existing power within, and allows access to fire magic...but none of that could truly compare to my Alicorn Amulet..." he shook his head in that realization. The Amulet is what he needed for any serious plans for the long term. 

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa
Una couldn't really see anything happening, as she had closed her eyes, but she could certainly feel it, and after Sombra had dropped his disguise, she did open her eyes again, because she could feel his stare without seeing it, and it was somehow worse than to just face it. For his hate, the change wasn't actually that great on the level of feeling it, because she felt it all the time anyway, it just got notably stronger than before, which in her case just meant that she noticed it again since she had grown numb to the usual level, though it alone didn't cause any type of special feeling in her. The taste however, was quite literal, she actually felt like she had eaten something foul, and was glad that she hadn't actually eaten anything since waking up, because she would have probably thrown up if there had been something to throw up. 

But other than opening her eyes, Una didn't do much, she just stood frozen, because the combination of fear and the overwhelming emotion her body absorbed against her will paralyzed her, if Sombra could sense such things, he'd be able to tell she was absolutely terrified of him, which to a rational mind would probably be actually bit impressive considering she still dared to speak to him critically. As Sombra started to drift off again, Una's body started to relax, and she started to shake, but she still didn't move, or say anything, she was too scared to, though she still didn't know what it was she feared, she didn't fear physical pain, nor death, and she didn't know enough about Sombra or dark magic to know what he was actually capable of, yet, he terrified her.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sombra had definitely realized what Una was feeling there - based on the look across her face and how she reacted to him. To this, he would smile evily upon seeing her fear - as well as sensing it. He would suddenly move closer to her, "I truly hate those two Princesses. I will make sure they pay for how they treated me!" he said with pure hate, his face turning to more of a distinct hateful scowl. It was an expression that was of pure hate, yet again. "They are fools. Cowards. They were able to outsmart me by using my own shortsightedness against me. That won't be happening again." he said and then paused slightly. "My armies will grind them to dust, or throw them out of power, whatever, however it takes to remove their power from the land." he would add, letting those words sink into Una's mind.

"I admire your intelligence, but it is important that you feel the same as I do. Focus on your hatred for the Two Sisters. Think of their cruelty towards me. Think of how they treated me. How they abused, tortured, and banished me. Think of it. Let your hatred flow - and you'll gain a taste of my hatred, if you haven't already." he said, with an evil chuckle at that. It was still a hateful one at that. His dark magic filled eyes danced with dark magical power, indicating the true level of power radiating within those ancient hateful eyes. 

In a sense, he also enjoyed how Una was fearful of her. She was right to be - if she had been any other pony, Sombra would likely have brainwashed them with one of those helmets he talked about. 

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa
Sombra's words did not matter, because it was none of that which scared her, if it would have been, she would be equally scared of the sisters due to what Sombra had told her about them, or the other evils she read about in the museum, but none of those did scare her, they didn't even concern her, she feared no suffering, her own or others, no death, no evil, but something about Sombra specifically, she had felt dread the moment she had laid her eyes on him the first time, but she could not put her hoof on what it was, the only thing to come even close was the Helm of Nightmare Moon, and in all of its weirdness, the fear was very familiar, it was instinctual, yet she could not connect it to anything. 

She finally broke her own silence, with a voice that was surprisingly intent when considering her state, while there was slight tremor, she didn't sound as fearful as she was "I-If only I'd remember." "I-I cannot hate for you, because I can not empathize with you." "I-I can feel your hatred, but cannot replicate it."  "B-But something in me doesn't like them, if only I could remember why." she thought of something "Y-you can control minds right? And create illusions?" "C-Can you make me see it? See what it is that haunts the depths of my mind?"

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sombra looked at her deeply there and considered her question for a few silent moments. "I never found the ability to read into other's minds...Yet. So allow me, to show you why I hate them so much..." he seethed, his eyes seemed to look almost hypnotic as he locked his eyes to hers. For a second or two, she can feel things getting fuzzy as she felt a powerful dark influence take over mind. Within that influence was a flurry of emotions and pictures. Pictures that would begin to come clear.

Her vision of the present moment was now lost in a vast battlefield. What she saw, at the time, was a vast frozen battlefield as far as the eye can see. It was clear, from what she was being shown - this was from the point of view of Sombra in the distant past. To Sombra's sides, there were highly armed stallions wearing odd looking facial helmets that completely covered their heads. These soldiers were armed to the teeth. Evidently, Sombra was charging at an oncoming wall of soldiers wearing golden armor - much like the guards seen in Canterlot, but the designs were notably dated and different. This was a very, very long time ago.

The sounds of the battlefield were extremely loud. There was many shouts, screams, and explosions all around. In the vision, Una caught wind of a group of Sombra's soldiers being blown up in an explosion. The soldiers were valiantly doing their duty to the very end. All around the battlefield, soldiers from both sides of the field were engaged in brutal combat. There was many carcasses of dead soldiers from both sides sprawled about the battle field. 

Sombra was charging towards a group of enemy soldiers who had a group of his own soldiers pinned down. His dark magic power summoned in large black crystals in the air which he speared through them. While as brutal as this attack was, there were two of Sombra's soldiers in the group that had been brutally mauled by the enemy. Even despite their helmets having been removed, the enemy soldiers had still been intent on wiping them out just like the rest of the army. 

It was clear that this was quite a brutal battle. The sounds of it all, the desperate cries of death resounding throughout the hauntingly chilly battlefield were eerie. In the distance, the Empire could be seen with assorted flags flying on high towers - all relating to dark magic, crystals, or some combination of the two.

This scene here must have been shortly after the Equestrians begun their invasion, and this was Sombra's forces defending the Empire. Una couldn't do much else but let the visions play their course. Sombra was in complete control of what she was seeing here - despite however loud Una may get, in truth, she was just in a deep trance where she wasn't moving - while Sombra was in front of her, showing these visions through a spell. 

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa
Una had no need to be loud, or to make a sound of any kind, she just watched, and felt....nothing, yes she felt whatever the visions may or may have not included as the feelings of...who she assumed to be Sombra, but she felt nothing. She was shocked at first of course, but not because of what she saw, and rather because she saw in the first place, this was a new experience for her, so it took a moment to settle in, but after that, her feelings kinda just faded, even fear, with her physical 
demeanor changing, as much as Sombra's magic let her, to deadpan, neutral state.

This was something that weirded out even her herself, because she knew what she was seeing was awful, in her mind she wanted to look away, she wanted to feel sick, but she felt nothing, all the brutality around her, at most it felt....familiar, ordinary even, in fact, this was the first time since waking up she felt....content, she couldn't explain it, she hated this, she didn't like what she was seeing, yet, this was the calmest she remembered ever feeling. 

Physically there was also things that were happening, but it was matter of how focused Sombra was on creating the vision, if he could notice any of it. First, longer the spell went on, more magic it would take to hold it up, though the change wasn't obvious, as it was rather minuscule, but it was there, it was almost like Una, or at least her body, was very slowly building up a resistance, though again, it was small enough chance that it would probably take hours of constant magic to notice any real difference. 

Second, after Sombra would eventually stop the spell, Dark magic wouldn't entirely leave Una, she would act 'normally', and visually there was nothing new or weird going on, but for some reason, she was now radiating similar aura as someone practicing dark magic, be it lot weaker than someone like Sombra or that dragon from earlier.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

The scenery of the battle would play over the course of what felt like hours. In reality, only a few minutes had passed. Sombra's visionary magic that took over her mind in this moment was very much like a very vivid dream. Una would notice a few key details. Sombra's army was losing. The enemy Equestrians had continued to advance forward towards the City over the course of the hours as they passed. The fighting only got more brutal and more desperate as his armies were forced to fight a losing battle in which they were outnumbered.

Equestrian soldiers outnumbered Sombra's soldiers 4 to 1. Despite this, his forces continued to put up a good defense. Unfortunately for them, this was not enough. Una could see many of his soldiers having shared similar fates. Shot at by unicorn magic. Blown up in Aerial Bombardments. Stabbed to death by charging Equestrian soldiers. Sombra's emotions continued to get more and more enraged as time gone on. The explosive nature of his hate caused him to eliminate many Equestrians at a far quicker pace than before. They kept coming.

Sombra and his troops would fall back to make a final stand within the city itself. Civilians fled or hid underground as the bloodshed came into the streets themselves. Sombra's dark magic managed to stall the Equestrians for a short time, allowing his soldiers to regroup in one final attempt to push the Equestrians out of the city. This was the most brutal part. Sombra's soldiers could be heard fearfully giving their lives for their King. Many of them, despite being brainwashed - were still able to scream as their lives were ended. Sombra did his best to stop this, showing his pure brutality in defending his city here. It wasn't a sight for the timid. It was sights like that out of a nightmare. The screams. The agony. The pain. And the blood. All of it was something that filled with him the most pure, raw, and utter hate there was.

Then the Equestrians started to bomb the city. Bombs were dropped on remaining troop positions, and Sombra's remaining troops would make a motion to flee for the hills. Sombra agreed with this and was about to lead them out of the city to retreat elsewhere and go into exile. That was when the two sisters showed up. Celestia and Luna, in full battle armor.

They caught Sombra off guard while he was fleeing. There were no words exchanged. The looks on their faces and the battle that ensued spoke volumes more than words ever could. Sombra, a dark tyrannical King as he was, was valiantly defending his source of power from outside forces. Celestia and Luna were harsh to him. In their eyes, he was a threat to be eliminated at all costs. Sombra felt the same about them. He wanted to make them pay for this.

Sombra tried all sorts of things. Illusions. Shadow magic. Dark Magic. Only being able to subdue the two sisters for a short timeframe before they would inevitably come back. Sombra would receive blow after blow. Una could feel the pain Sombra felt. The agony. The agony of having to lose everything, and to fight for one's life in the face of a superior opponent. Sombra would inevitably be slammed up against a wall, his body, nearly broken - but still fighting.

In a last ditch effort, just as the two sisters were about to charge at him for one final time - Sombra's horn lit up, and with all of his power, he himself would banish the Empire away into Limbo. The Empire, all of it's buildings, his soldiers, would all suddenly vanish.

If he couldn't rule - then he would ensure that nobody could.

And like that, he faced a blinding light, as his body was evaporated into light for the first time. The pain was indescribable. It was absolute agony. Overwhelming agony. Una could hear Sombra's horrible screams.

And like that, all went to black. An undefinable amount of time later - Una would see Sombra in his banishment. Nothing but blackness. A very faint sense of awareness. But only agony. Hate...and loss.  

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa

From every possible thing, Una started to feel frustrated, she didn't like the brutality she was seeing, but she couldn't dislike it, no matter how hard she thought about it being horrible, no genuine emotion rose up, at first she had thought that she just didn't have empathy, but this was clearly something lot more, because there was nothing, just...neutral content, she could tell this was not normal, it felt....unnatural, after all, she didn't feel even tense, which made no sense considering she was standing in a war. And then there was the feelings she felt due to the vision, she could feel them, and she knew what the feelings were, but there was a certain...disconnect in them, she could tell they weren't her own. 

Now, one could have assumed it was Sombra's doing, but Una didn't assume so, because she knew how obsessed Sombra was with hatred, she knew he wanted her to share that hatred, in fact, it was more likely that he turned up the suffering to try and make her angry, no, this was something her previous....possessors, had done to her.

Even when physical pain came into the picture, she felt the pain, but she had no instinct to scream, her eyes teared up as her body suffered, but her mind stayed calm, neutral, cold. And the blackness she found herself in soon, it felt familiar, very familiar, the faint awareness, it had been her existence as far as she remembered, hay, it was the only thing she remembered, minus the agony that is, she had felt sleepy if anything back then. 

As her mind raced, she slowly came to a horrifying conclusion, she understood what the dragon had meant with her being a failure for having individuality, it wasn't him belittling her, it was the truth, they had tried to kill her from her, she wasn't supposed to think for herself. But something survived, something deep in her mind, that's why they had been wiping her memory constantly...she had to find a way to remember. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Soon after Una felt the darkness of the final scene of the vision - the visions themselves faded away and Sombra's influence rapidly withdrew from her mind. She could tell that not much time had passed, as Sombra was sitting where he was before. It is unlikely he would be sitting in the same spot for several hours anyway - at least that is how the visions felt in length. Sombra's magic faded away from his eyes and he would look to Una as she'd find herself just where she was before the visions started.

His eyes were intense. "Now you know what happened to me. What I saw. And what they did to me." he spoke to begin with, his tone more of a low, hungry position. Obviously, he was eager to hear what Una thought about the whole situation she had experienced of. Sombra did not know what she saw, or what she felt, after all.

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa
The first thing that happened after Una came back to the 'real world', was fear flowing back into her mind, Sombra's presence  had not turned any more pleasant during the vision, though the fear felt just a tiny bit weaker, not that she was any less scared of him, it just felt like a tiny fraction of the raw emotions was going somewhere else, but she didn't know where, or if she was just imagining the whole thing. 

"Yes I do your highness, I felt everything you felt, yet...I feel no hate or anger." "In fact, I wasn't able to feel anything myself, it was like my emotions were just...drained away." she continued quickly because she didn't want to be misunderstood "I-I, I obviously hate them for what they did, I understand why you don't like them, but I can't feel hate towards them, I-I,m trying, I really tried your highness, but there was just nothing, it's like my mind and emotions were separate beings."  

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

This reaction confused Sombra greatly. He was sure that the vision would be able to make her feel hate. Rather than lash out at her again, Sombra found himself confused. The kind of vision he portrayed was explicitly tailored for Una to feel hatred, but she said she felt none from it? It wouldn't make any sense for her to be lying, so he was lead to believe that something else was going on. Something that he didn't have any sort of understanding of.

"Strange. Very strange." he remarked with a sigh and went silent for a bit. He was almost unsure of what they should do now. But one question did come across his mind. "What else did you feel, then? Nothing? That is very strange. Something must be going on here then...perhaps someone or something is meddling with us?" he asked with a dark stare.

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa

"Nothing." Una confirmed "But I wasn't feeling empty, rather, it was like...absolute neutrality, contentment almost, it was...unnatural, even the fear I feel towards you faded." she had no problem admitting that she feared Sombra, partly because she knew that he probably could tell. "I-I don't think it's an outside force causing it though, I think it's something in me." It would also explain her calmness around Sombra, she was terrified of him, yet it didn't really show outside to the extend it truly was, only really showing itself when she did, or more specifically, said, something she assumed to anger Sombra, one would think she would be in constant flight or fight or something. "Purposeful design." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Purposeful design. That would make sense - the dragon that we saw a bit ago seemed to possess some knowledge about you. Likely...his origins could pave the way towards knowing where you are from. Another world, evidently. It could prove a problem, with individuals phasing into this world from other worlds...that is something I have not considered until recently..." he said thoughtfully, but his pure hate was still there, as always. "We must find out what your design was intended to be. It is paramount we figure that out first, incase the two sisters happened to have come across one similar to you, and taken them in like I have with you. Time is of the essence." he insisted, with no room to argue.

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa
Una had no reason to argue, she wanted to learn about herself too, be it for different reason, not that the reason mattered when the goal was the same "T-the question is, how we figure that out?" "We know the room I came in had something to do with military 
research, the papers stated as much, but the building is unlikely to be any more help, because even if we missed something, someone else has no doubt found it at this point." "T-The dragon is an option, but we would need to find him first, and he could be anywhere at this point." the dragon had stated that he didn't care about the two of them, so assuming it was true, it was unlikely he'd be close. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"The building was in the middle of nowhere, but if anyone was able to find it - they would have at this point. I would imagine that the Equestrian leadership would find the appearance of a building out of nowhere interesting. Ponies are social creatures. But perhaps that may be looking too far into it. They may very well forget about the whole thing." he grunted, and thought about the dragon. "The dragon we saw was hours away, and he'd likely be gone if we were to ever go back and look." he shrugged.

"We should leave the library and find somewhere to practice our newfound understanding of magic in isolation." he suggested, thinking they have spent a long enough time here, for now.

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa
While she didn't make it known, Una didn't really think that the building being in middle of nowhere meant anything, because she wasn't suggesting someone just stumbled upon it, rather, she figured that rip between worlds would do something noticeable, if nothing else, there would certainly be a burst of magic that anyone with capabilities to do so would notice, after all, the dragon had found it, and while this world probably lacked some of the technology he had, no doubt the rulers of this land had some way to keep an eye on magical anomalies.  

She nodded "i-if you are done here your highness, I follow, even if that was not the case, I would agree, as I believe I have seen everything that I personally have use for here." the amount of actually usable information for her type of magic was rather limited here, she would need to figure things out herself or find something more...illegal, if she wanted anything more. "D-do you have any ideas for the location? this city is quite populated after all." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sombra would look to her as his disguise would return to him. "We go to the caves underneath of Canterlot. Nobody will find us there, and I know exactly how to access them. We have spent too long in public, while we are disguised, it would be best if we return to the shadows for a while, while we understand our magic books." he grunted and would look to the books they had managed to grab. Sombra's air, water, light, and other such books were there. With his horn, he would cast a spell on the books, rendering any spells attached to them obsolete. This was in case there were any tracking spells on the books incase anyone stole them, but he noticed the books did have some sort of preservation spell on them to stop them from wearing away with time.

He would open up his cape and put all the books they had inside of it. Strangely enough, his cape didn't bulge or indicate that he had any weight carried within it. "They won't notice, and if they do, we'll be long gone." he spoke, and would proceed to lead Una out of the library. 

• Brohoof 1

@Props ValRoa
Una didn't actually find Sombra's cape's anomaly that weird, sure she didn't know how exactly it worked, but considering that she had seen Sombra literally turn into shadows, without leaving anything behind, it wasn't that far fetched that he did something to stuff to make it take less room, besides, magic was strange, it had, in theory, limitless potential, and some kind of storage spell was actually relatively normal as an idea.

It did feel bit weird to steal from the library though, yes she knew why they did it like that, and she didn't have any moral opposition for it, it just felt weird to steal free stuff. She'd follow Sombra without saying much of anything, she tilted her head at one point, as she saw a creature that looked a bit weird to her, but she quickly lost a sight of them and it didn't seem important, as there was no indication that the creature saw her, or would have cared even if they did. 

• Brohoof 1