Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc OOC: Return of the King (1x1 with Catpone Cerberus)

Props Valroa

1 minute ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

I do have an idea for specific event in the RP, i just don't have any ideas on how exactly end up there, It's related to the Nightmare moon's helmet, without going into detail, I'd like to see a situation where Una ends up wearing it, be it accidentally or on purpose. 

We can say they break into the Artifacts again and try taking them? 

What are the list of Artifacts that they have currently? Amulets, etc, actually?

Moments ago, Props ValRoa said:

The characters. We should probably keep track of the things they have, and the abilities they learn. 

If I remember´correctly, the only things they have is the...amulet?Necklace?  that Sombra made from the haul of random unspecified artifacts with mainly magic boosting abilities (+ weak fire magic), and the tiny piece of Nightmare Moon's armor that Una managed to steal.

for the abilities it's really up to the player to keep track of their own character's abilities, for Una that's (besides basics and the natural absorption the characters are not aware of yet) only the shield spells that she also managed to change enough to target others. 

Sombra also saw the map drawn on the ground by the first dragon with possible locations for artifacts, though I have no actual plans for those, and it came more as a world building thing, as in the other world all of them have been found and that's why the dragon knew them.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

We'll say Sombra has the amulet with magic boosting + weak fire magic. The spell books he currently has relate to Light, Air, and Water magic. As for Sombra's magical abilities, I made him purposefully weaker so he isn't OP. As time goes on, his magic will grow stronger. 

Sombra also saw the map drawn on the ground by the first dragon with possible locations for artifacts, though I have no actual plans for those, and it came more as a world building thing, as in the other world all of them have been found and that's why the dragon knew them.

How about this - We have the scene with Una and the Nightmare Moon helmet as you planned, and then we can discuss of where to go from there? Main important thing with Sombra is that he wants to find a way to improve his brainwashing spells so he can get minions to follow him easier than having them wear his dark magic helmets (the one he did in the show). 

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, Props ValRoa said:

How about this - We have the scene with Una and the Nightmare Moon helmet as you planned, and then we can discuss of where to go from there?

that works, though it shouldn't be rushed too much, as in, we should try to move the RP in that direction in a way it makes sense.

15 hours ago, Props ValRoa said:

Main important thing with Sombra is that he wants to find a way to improve his brainwashing spells so he can get minions to follow him easier than having them wear his dark magic helmets (the one he did in the show). 

From the way you wrote about in the RP earlier (Sombra thinking that they could be turned into rings or something) may I suggest, Lunar (you remember her right?) she has the exact expertise for that (though obviously she wouldn't help Sombra willingly). Though again, I haven't planned how exactly she would come to be involved.

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Props ValRoa said:

@Catpone Cerberus

Yes, we'll take our time with it. We could think of something to where Lunar gets involved and Sombra gets her to turn the helmets into magical rings somehow, although I wouldn't know how that would work, as of yet. 

Her being introduced is probably the easiest thing, she's a seller in markets and such, so she has lot of reasons to be pretty much anywhere, and for ways to get her do things? We are talking about Sombra here, with mind control and presumably some kind of suffering being kinda his thing . The only question is really to have a fitting spot for her to turn up, Sombra and Una haven't really been in a situation where they would pay attention to her existence. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Her being introduced is probably the easiest thing, she's a seller in markets and such, so she has lot of reasons to be pretty much anywhere, and for ways to get her do things? We are talking about Sombra here, with mind control and presumably some kind of suffering being kinda his thing . The only question is really to have a fitting spot for her to turn up, Sombra and Una haven't really been in a situation where they would pay attention to her existence. 

We can probably have her turn up after we go through with the Nightmare Moon helm idea you had? 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Catpone Cerberus

My view on the lore of the world here is more or less that the Crystal Ponies are a separate race (completely) from the 3 main tribes themselves. It is for that reason, I refer to them as "Crystal Ponies". The Crystal Empire itself, in my interpretation of it is that the Capital City that we saw in the canon universe is merely just the capital, and that it is a smaller nation in comparison to that of Equestria. This nation was entirely unique and independent from that of the Equestrian identity.

This lasted for thousands of years, and it's origins are shrouded in myth. The former ruling monarchs went against that tradition for selfish political power which was hidden behind "Good" intentions. There was a civil war in the Crystal Empire, in which Sombra and his forces overthrew them with force.

This was a relatively violent affair that happened rather rapidly, then soon after this civil war - the Equestrians had already made a pre-emptive invasion into the Empire itself for geopolitical reasons, and to establish an allied Monarchy that could be incorporated into Equestria at some point in the future. Sombra's forces were numerically outnumbered and unprepared to fight a war against the Equestrians, and he was overthrown - but not before he banished the Empire. After his return, he attempted to assert control once more, and due to the chaos involved, as well as the Mane 6, he was defeated - and Cadence and Shining Armor were appointed as the ruling monarchs by the Equestrian Monarchy itself, essentially vassalizing the Crystal Empire.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...