Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Makes Know Your Meme's Best Memes of 2011

Colon Leftbracket

http://knowyourmeme.com/blog/meme-review/best-memes-of-2011?utm_medium=Email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=

So I got an email recently about Know Your Meme's Best Memes of 2011 and to know one's surprise MLP:FiM made it in the top 10!

Though strangely the email said see who's #1, but the actual site doesn't say anything about what order they're listed in so if it's safest to assume that it's a top 10 list (without mentioning the numbers :huh: ) then I love where My Little Pony Friendship is Magic came in! :lol:

Anyway just something interesting to show how much of an impact MLP has put on this year (including converting myself).

Hope to see 2012 another great year for Ponies!

I don't like to think of the show as a meme. To me it's just a good show, that happens to have a huge internet following and an awesome community. Not a meme.

Of course it's still cool that it made it on the list^^ It shows just how big the fandom has become! :D

• Brohoof 1

I don't like to think of the show as a meme. To me it's just a good show, that happens to have a huge internet following and an awesome community. Not a meme.

Of course it's still cool that it made it on the list^^ It shows just how big the fandom has become! :D

I don't think of it as a Meme either! It's sorta like saying 4chan's a meme. We are a community not a fad!

But I think they're basically saying that MLP made the biggest impact on the internet community when compared to just about anything else on the internet.

I don't really think of it as a meme, but it has many "sub memes" such as derpy hoofs so that might be why its a meme... that and every is a meme on know your meme.

I found the show through curiosity about the meme's on 4chan, but along with alot of you I don't typically view the show as a meme. It is a great show with a lot of values and has an awesome fanbase and community, yet it’s cool that it’s recognized by other organizations such as Know Your Meme Edited by 83awsm