Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you hate about living in your town?

Reecejackox

At least a half an hour away from anything interesting to do. It's also got a pretty rural, southern vibe. Lot of pride in hunting, fishing, truck driving, beer drinking and country music, despite being very far north of the Mason Dixon line. 

And no, as a West coast/ Arctic coast kid, I'm not into any of these. 

• Brohoof 1

The climate is abysmal. Too warm/hot too much of the year. Also, it's really bad politically.

All of that's why I'm looking into moving. It is my hometown so it will be a little sad, but I can read the writing on the wall, it's not safe to stay here.

38 minutes ago, Envy said:

The climate is abysmal. Too warm/hot too much of the year. Also, it's really bad politically.

All of that's why I'm looking into moving. It is my hometown so it will be a little sad, but I can read the writing on the wall, it's not safe to stay here.

I knew you'd have something to say :orly: .

I don't like the traffic here but I guess it's bad everywhere. That's about it. A bit too hot in the summer but that's what AC is for :nom: .

• Brohoof 1

I both hate and don’t mind the fact that my town has absolutely nothing to do in it.
I like the tranquility but that isn’t always…entertaining :awwthanks:

This is what you get you visit here.

FCDFA6-F9-1434-4-CB5-9-A98-846220698-D4-

0-C3-B94-BD-0-D7-E-485-B-A911-8-A0211-BD

• Brohoof 4

41 minutes ago, The Wife of Douma said:

I both hate and don’t mind the fact that my town has absolutely nothing to do in it.
I like the tranquility but that isn’t always…entertaining :awwthanks:

This is what you get you visit here.

FCDFA6-F9-1434-4-CB5-9-A98-846220698-D4-

0-C3-B94-BD-0-D7-E-485-B-A911-8-A0211-BD

This is pretty much me 100%. Come to Whitesville and you'll see dilapidated buildings, very little entertainment, and just a really dead town.

image.pngimage.png

But like Douma's Wife said; it's very tranquil and that is an attractive quality, but...not much to do here. Plus...and this is just my left-leaning anti-theist view, but...maybe a little too evangelical for my liking?

Just a me thing probz.

1 hour ago, WWolf said:

I knew you'd have something to say :orly: .

Of course!!! I'm Envy, so I've always gotta complain about how other places are better than where I live! =P

• Brohoof 1

It looks like a third world country in many places. It hardly ever takes care of it's streets, so there are tons of potholes. The people here often do drugs. Plus, it's the seat of the school district where I went to High School (the school staff and administration are corrupt), plus the people here are ignorant and stupid.

A dump of a small town with lots of crime and nothing to do but get McDonald’s and go to Walmart . Gotta go into the next state to do anything fun.

It's opted to build out rather than up so a lot of old country areas are gone, and it seems to have the least interesting number of places to visit compared to all of the neighboring towns. If you want to go have fun, you have to head out for the day, not just the morning or afternoon.

It's not bad. Very green and peaceful, plus there's a shopping centre close to my house. It beats the town I grew up in. That place is infamous for being one of the biggest shitholes in the state.

The local government is a disaster and its population will argue to the death it isn't 

Just ignore the missing money and the legally questionable use of eminent domain and about 200 other things.

That being said, I'm glad I don't live in town.

I can’t stand the humid summer heat, and since Miami is getting overpopulated, it’s unbearable people are starting to come here in Orlando, on top of venezuelans escaping the communist crisis, and most of them are bad :dry: (I HAD ONE OF THEIR BRATS PEEING BY MY DRIVEWAY :Cozy:)

On 2022-07-15 at 8:06 PM, Ashen Pathfinder said:

This is pretty much me 100%. Come to Whitesville and you'll see dilapidated buildings, very little entertainment, and just a really dead town.

image.pngimage.png

But like Douma's Wife said; it's very tranquil and that is an attractive quality, but...not much to do here. Plus...and this is just my left-leaning anti-theist view, but...maybe a little too evangelical for my liking?

Just a me thing probz.

So how's it feel to be within driving distance of Chris Chan?  /j

I hate the fact that it's blazing hot all year 'round, we rarely ever get snow, there's an obscene amount of crime just about everywhere, and we're always only known for gambling and s3x. 

Definitely not the hottest reputation but it's something. On the bright side, there's always something to do here.

9 minutes ago, ScarletSpice said:

So how's it feel to be within driving distance of Chris Chan?  /j

My life didn't require this information. D:

It's just not the town I remember from my childhood. Too crowded now. New housing developments on every corner. There's nothing particularly interesting to do.