Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever dated a bronie?

WeirdPonyGlitter

(edited)

@WeirdPonyGlitter

Not all Bronies are male so the title of this thread has been edited so it applies males and females. Also, the section Fan Clubs is designated for sharing appreciation for a specific character from the MLP franchise.
Your thread has been moved to General Discussion.

Edited by Venomous

• 3 months later...

Well, this is interesting :mlp_icwudt:

My answer is yes and no....

I don't identify as a brony at all even though, by the general definition, I am one. I think? Not sure....
So, yes! I've had the absolute pleasure of dating someone I had a crush on in the forums but we never saw ourselves as bronies :laugh:

It was super super fun. Because we just "got" each other.

It wasn't to that uncomfortable level where there's stereotypes and what have you... and since we started off as friends there was that sense of mutual respect and non-verbal understanding. *whimsical and happy sigh*

But yes, it just depends on what you're looking for. Ask society if they'd date a brony and they probably picture a grossly exaggerated stereotype and say NO!! 
So, my answer is no. That was far from what attracted my interest...
But were we both into FiM with understanding secret references, phrases and casualties in normal society whilst trying to maintain a professional straight face in our career? 

Spoiler

*guffaws* YES!!! and it was hilarious. Good times :catface:

There were people who interested me, but I would never date someone online. I have never dated anyone in my life. I feel fine being single, I don’t need a relationship in this stage of my life. I don’t consider myself a “brony”, just a fan at most.

• Brohoof 1

I dated a Pegasister online through Skype chats and FB during the earlier days of the fandom, and the answer still remains yes, and I honestly wish her and I could at least still be friends to this day but so much time has past that we have long went our seperate ways in life... Those are like my only 2 requirements in a relationship are that 1. You're faithful 2. You can tolerate/maybe even partake in my obsession of MLP and other animation.. I just think it would make a lot more sense to be with a Pegasister for me, or potentially a brony, but you know I'm more partial to the "looks the part" type thing but this is hardly a thread for explaining this.. xD so in answer yes, I much would prefer my partner love MLP even half as much as I do, bc even then it would be feasible for me to see them in my personal life...

No, and nor do I really want to. Mainly because I am Asexual and Aromantic. Just simply I don't date anyone because I see it as a waste of time, bothnto me and the date, simply for the reason that I am not looking for a Romantic or Sexual Relationship. Platonic sure but I don't think dating is the right way of going about to find that kind of relationship. 
I also see marriage as uneccessery, unless it's for some legal reason. Yeah, I get it it sounds like a I don't want people to be happy, however, that is not the case, all I am saying I personaly don't care for these things, if you really do want to marry the person you truelly love, I am going to stop you. 

So long story short I have not dated a Brony. :P

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, lol, my previous serious relationships were with bronies of whom i met on this very forum. Neither of those relationships worked out in the end because of distance. 

• Brohoof 1

Before I was married, the closest thing I came to a date with a Brony was more of a group outing with several Bronies and Pegasisters, set up by a friend who was supposed to join me but bailed at the last minute. I was hit on relentlessly by one of the Bronies, and was uniformly despised by the Pegasisters (even though I wasn’t hitting on any of their potential boyfriends!) It was chaotic and unpleasant. But if I’d have been dating one man of my own choosing and not been with a whole group of neurotic ponies, it would probably would have been fine. I know some very nice Bronies so I’m sure it would be fine as a rule.