Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

researching I am a MLP based streamer on Twitch, where to discuss this?

Lektra Bolt
Go to solution Solved by Jeric,

Hello! I have been away from the forum for many years since my desktop PC broke in January 2019, only checking in from time to time. I have been mobile and I'm trying to somewhat get back to the forum now with a gifted Chromebook and a gifted laptop. Some things I do online have changed since then, but I still like pony

Nowadays, I'm a MLP EG based 18+ streamer on Twitch trying to grow my audience, eventually Vtuber. I was wondering where is a good place to discuss this to drum up support and introduce my channel to the community. I know a status update is easy but those aren't as visible as posting a thread to discuss things related to my channel, like a stream schedule or actually trying to somewhat adhere to MLP G4 and EG lore. I also thought about Media Discussion, but I don't want to break rules or get my thread closed, so I thought I'd ask

Thanks in advance

• Brohoof 1

You already know Status Updates, but like you said, they are only really directly visible to your followers (like me, welcome back @Lektra Bolt).

If you want to reach more members here, I would suggest making a Blog Entry.

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Lektra Bolt said:

So blog entry? Are those more visible than status updates? Why would a thread be a bad idea? Sorry, bit confused:confused:

Blog Entries are personal, like Statuses. They are shown on the main page for a while so anyone can se them. Only 5 will be viewed at one time, so they will eventually drop off the main page and then they are quite difficult to find afterwards.

Threads require a continuous discussion, and are non-personal. Then, there is the advertising rule to think about.

(edited)

Right, I'm worried about a lack of exposure and visibility. It's hard to get noticed even if one has a interesting blog entry, but it's an ongoing thing

I definitely don't wanna get in trouble for advertising, but since my streaming is ongoing and I thought I'd be looking to engage with the community (questions and discussion), what about a fan club thread? Is it against the rules for the topic of discussion in the club to make the fun club? Is it against the rules for say, if Twilight was a streamer and was looking to make her own fan club thread? I don't believe there's been a case like this before, has there?

Edited by Lektra Bolt

On 2022-07-15 at 11:37 PM, Lektra Bolt said:

Right, I'm worried about a lack of exposure and visibility. It's hard to get noticed even if one has a interesting blog entry, but it's an ongoing thing

I definitely don't wanna get in trouble for advertising, but since my streaming is ongoing and I thought I'd be looking to engage with the community (questions and discussion), what about a fan club thread? Is it against the rules for the topic of discussion in the club to make the fun club? Is it against the rules for say, if Twilight was a streamer and was looking to make her own fan club thread? I don't believe there's been a case like this before, has there?

It’s a use case that we don’t get too often. For the time being you could use the Video Creator section of OH, and I’ll be happy to add it to the featured block giving it some visibility. 

Note that you have to let me know what the topic is made and I’ll take it from there. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Thank you Jeric! So Octavia's Hall - Video Fan Art, got it. I'm currently waiting for some internet issues to be resolved before I get back to streaming, so I'll make the thread once they make the fix. I of course observe all Twitch rules and regulations

Do I pm you to let you know, or we just continue to use this question here as needed? Kinda would feel bad annoying the staff long-term since replies have to be approved

Also I had a related question. Is it okay to host my Vtuber character biography here on the forum and link back to it? Still a RP character, but the profile will primarily will be used for people to click on Twitch to be sent to MLP forums to read the in-character background story

Edited by Lektra Bolt

5 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Do I pm you to let you know, or we just continue to use this question here as needed? Kinda would feel bad annoying the staff long-term since replies have to be approved

Hm. You can PM me. Normally we like to lock the help threads when the issue has a solution so to speak. You can also hit up any Mod or Admin to feature it. 

5 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Also I had a related question. Is it okay to host my Vtuber character biography here on the forum and link back to it? Still a RP character, but the profile will primarily will be used for people to click on Twitch to be sent to MLP forums to read the in-character background story

I don’t see a problem with that. 

• Brohoof 1

Thanks again Jeric, I thought so. I've marked your previous reply as the solution, so I think we have it figured out now and I'll do as advised once my home internet is fixed and I can get back to streaming

:yay::adorkable:

• 1 month later...

As the question was asked and answered by either a staffer or user who was correct, we will be closing this question out. Thank you as always.

• Brohoof 1