Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask a German!

Sophie

I noticed that a lot of people ask me about Germany so I thought to myself! Let's create an ask blog where you can ask me everything about Germany! Maybe some of you even thinking about to visit Germany, so this ask thread will be a good place to ask what you want to know about Germany :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

If there was a word/phrase You'd use to counter the common stereotype of german being a rough-sounding language - what would it be?

What are some very good Germany exclusive food products? :coco: For example, sweets?

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Sir Hugoholic said:

If there was a word/phrase You'd use to counter the common stereotype of german being a rough-sounding language - what would it be?

What are some very good Germany exclusive food products? :coco: For example, sweets?

"Watch out! A SCHMETTERLING!" And then point at a cute little butterfly :3

ohhhh sweets! There are so many! I love "Dicckman" it's a cream with a waffle as ground, covered in chocolate! It's soooo good!

Edited by Sophie H.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Silk Glamour said:

Oh ! Oh! Oh! I have a question!!

*Sophie starts to shake, like a rocket before start, she can't hold it anymore* Mmmmmhhhhhhh SCHMETTERLING! 

Edited by Sophie H.
  • Brohoof 1

I’ve spent some time traveling around East Germany/Saxony. The Ore Mountains are pretty, such wide open views ^_^

I love easily-accessible nature, open water swimming, fresh food/local produce, castles and colorful architecture. Which German city should I visit next? :ooh: 

34 minutes ago, Silk Glamour said:

I'm sure @Astral Soul and @IronM17could definitely contribute to this thread if anyone on the forums had some questions about Germany in general should they choose to visit one day. :mlp_laugh:

Well, when it is for sophie ok when other germans answer here too, than I could response too. 

6 minutes ago, SparklingSwirls said:

I’ve spent some time traveling around East Germany/Saxony. The Ore Mountains are pretty, such wide open views ^_^

I love easily-accessible nature, open water swimming, fresh food/local produce, castles and colorful architecture. Which German city should I visit next? :ooh: 

Definitely a bavarian one! Like Trauenstein, Amberg, Neuschwanstein :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

Is Lufthansa still standing strong there? Or that branch has closed? 

Lufthansa is still struggling.. yeah.. they don't have enough personal to maintain everything.. BUT! they're building themselves slowly up again :)

3 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

Oh!!! My girlfriend is half German... Gerwoman?

Is curly hair natural to German's... Gerwomans ? 

Actually no, most are born with flat hair, curly hair is more rare actually, at least in my area (Bavaria) :3

Edited by Sophie H.
  • Brohoof 1

52 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

Is Lufthansa still standing strong there? Or that branch has closed? 

I was actually able to purchase tickets from them, so I'd say they're still standing strong as far as I know... or.. at least I hope! 

*looks to Sophie and gentle rattles her in terror* THEY'RE NOT GONNA CANCEL ON ME, ARE THEY??!?!?!? :awed:

4 minutes ago, Silk Glamour said:

I was actually able to purchase tickets from them, so I'd say they're still standing strong as far as I know... or.. at least I hope! 

*looks to Sophie and gentle rattles her in terror* THEY'RE NOT GONNA CANCEL ON ME, ARE THEY??!?!?!? :awed:

Nahh.... The AMO workstation might. Philippines branch is struggling though.... Can someone there tell the main branch that we are dying here? Thanks. 

15 minutes ago, Silk Glamour said:

No only when you're in Germany and want to fly out *Sophie chuckles*

19 hours ago, Sophie H. said:

"Watch out! A SCHMETTERLING!" And then point at a cute little butterfly :3

ohhhh sweets! There are so many! I love "Dicckman" it's a cream with a waffle as ground, covered in chocolate! It's soooo good!

And here I was expecting something to counter the stereotype. Like for example ANTIBABYPILLEN :laugh:

What are these? i am trying to find them and I can't D:

31 minutes ago, Sir Hugoholic said:

What are these? i am trying to find them and I can't D:

They look like this 

5327764_STORCK-Super-Dickmann-s_xxl.jpg

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Sir Hugoholic said:

And here I was expecting something to counter the stereotype. Like for example ANTIBABYPILLEN :laugh:

oh Bitte, the best word is in my opinion still Rindfleisch­etikettierungs­überwachungs­aufgaben­übertragungs­gesetz

This is so german, right sophie? XD

• Brohoof 1

31 minutes ago, IronM17 said:

oh Bitte, the best word is in my opinion still Rindfleisch­etikettierungs­überwachungs­aufgaben­übertragungs­gesetz

This is so german, right sophie? XD

Or Grundstücksverkehrsgenehmigungszuständigkeitsübertragungsverordnung x3

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Sophie H. said:

They look like this 

5327764_STORCK-Super-Dickmann-s_xxl.jpg

Hey, I had these!

They're delicious :wub: I never knew they're german ;-;

6 minutes ago, Sir Hugoholic said:

Hey, I had these!

They're delicious :wub: I never knew they're german ;-;

Too bad you've never had... KARAMELEC 
Did you know that Nestle's candies are holding out on us?! There's different versions in Germany and I feel outraged! :angry:

Oh no I can't find it on Google ... maybe it was just a dream... but it was soooooo goood. Tasty dream!

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Silk Glamour said:

Too bad you've never had... KARAMELEC 
Did you know that Nestle's candies are holding out on us?! There's different versions in Germany and I feel outraged! :angry:

Oh no I can't find it on Google ... maybe it was just a dream... but it was soooooo goood. Tasty dream!

Nestle is holding out with a CANDY?!

How dare they :angry: