Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology When do you remember first using the internet?

Reecejackox

I am showing my age here, but I first used the internet in the fall of 1996 as a fifth-grader. My class was given basic research assignments to teach us how to use the internet in our media center classes. I used Netscape Navigator to browse the web on a Macintosh LC 475 computer.

When I was real young, I used to play Neopets A LOT but I also remember being obsessed with Czones on Cartoon Networks website and RPing in MSN groups, the internet used to be great before it become a cesspool of "convenience".

Gawd; it had to have been mid to late-90s. It was in junior high school when I first used the internet. Our computer teacher introduced it to us and I was...spellbound. Granted I was more into Encarta, but that is another story. :love:

• Brohoof 1

Well, back when dial up was a thing. I used to have to use the American Online program itself to login and every year, it would be updated. I used to use the AOL program to browse kids games and all of that stuff. I also used to go to PBS Kids website, Sports Illustrated Kids and Playhouse Disney website where I'd play games associated with my favorite Playhouse Disney shows. 

• Brohoof 1

I was about 10 years old, from what I recall, so it was around year 2002. In Poland Internet back then was a rarity, but when I first got it I did not care much about it as to me computer was only to play video games. I think I really started using the Internet, when I was about 13 years old, but even then my activity was mostly watching funny videos or looking up gaming-related stuff. 

If there's one thing I will never forget about it was how absolutely tedious it was to set it up. And boy, setting it up was only worth so much, when back then Internet connection was pretty unstable, especially in my location. 

Late 90s at earliest, 2000 at latest. My parents were very careful about me and the internet. I mean, I wasn't allowed to join forums until 2003 when I was 14. But I browsed websites for several years before that. Exactly how many, I'm not 100% sure. I am sure that I was by 2000 because I remember seeing the Gen II Pokemon Pokedex online when G/S had only been released in Japan, which for sure puts me before fall of 2000. That's the only guidepost I have, though.

i used to play club penguin and animal jam when i was like 5ish? then i got onto youtube and i watched tons of “how to make a mlp oc” videos and stuff like that. also i became obsessed with undertale around age 7 so i watched a lot of undertale gameplays.