Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you cry?

Akemi Homura

Most recently: While watching Men in Black 3. That ending was great. :)

That is true, anyone who hasn't seen it yet: go do so, it'll be worth your money.

I don't cry often myself, and I can't really remember when I last cried.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
I cry when my stupid parents yell at me, hit me, and hurt me (which is frequent!), then apologize and try to make me feel better saying they did out of the love of Jesus. :( Edited by SamtheLegoman

• 11 months later...

I'll be honest, I hardly cry what so ever, at least for feelings. The last time I can remember crying is when I got a home grown jalapeno stuck in a sore on my lip ;-;

Hmm pretty much never. I seriously can't remember the last time I cried. The thing is, I wish I cried more. As much as I want to cry, I can't even get teary-eyed. I feel really stone cold and dull sometimes. I do remember that crying feels good in a way. It's nice to be overwhelmed by emotion, and letting out all those bottled up tears. I also find it beautiful when someone I have a crush on cries. It's cute for them to expose their most vulnerable side. Dang, now I'm starting to sound a bit creepy. But yeah, wish I cried more. Hopefully something hits me at my core sometime soon.

Depends on the point in my life.  I cried like every day in middle school, then in junior high not at all.  In 11th and 12th grades and just after high school I cried often.  Now I don't really do it much again.  Just depends on how unhappy I am in general.

I've cried for some TV shows, but not for MLP, or any other form of entertainment.

While I'm mostly an optimistic pessimist whom finds the silver lining for any situation, I find myself crying from time to time. These times though, more often than not, are when I allow my emotions to 'overflow' if you will. I believe this is due to the fact that I bottle up my emotions so as to not inconvenience others.

But just like nature, you need a little rain from time to time to keep the flowers growing. If you don't water them, they'll wither and die.

I can't remember the last time I cried. It's been that long. I don't know why but I can't, even if I want to. Like the first time I read My Little Dashie, I really wanted to cry but I just couldn't. I didn't even come close. I wish I could have a good cry sometimes just to let it all out. It's like there's this thing thats blocking me from doing so. Is anypony else like this too?

I can't remember the last time I cried. It's been that long. I don't know why but I can't, even if I want to. Like the first time I read My Little Dashie, I really wanted to cry but I just couldn't. I didn't even come close. I wish I could have a good cry sometimes just to let it all out. It's like there's this thing thats blocking me from doing so. Is anypony else like this too?

I'm in the same boat as you. I can never get myself to cry. I also didn't cry when I read My Little Dashie (as much as I wanted to). I thought it was sad and a good read and all, but yeah just couldn't cry. Seems like such a better experience to shed tears from reading it. Sigh.. makes me feel emotionless.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I cry whenever I see anything remotely sad. I am very emotional when I see that kind of material. Even if it's something small, or short. It still upsets me. But I like it, because it means it reaches out to me. I can relate to it, and the memory of what I saw remains, which is great for the piece of media I watched; or read.

Don't ask me how I got through Clannad After story T.T.

Edited by Hayze

I'm in the same boat as you. I can never get myself to cry. I also didn't cry when I read My Little Dashie (as much as I wanted to). I thought it was sad and a good read and all, but yeah just couldn't cry. Seems like such a better experience to shed tears from reading it. Sigh.. makes me feel emotionless.

I hear you man. In a way, I'm actually kinda jealous of people who do cry. I just wish I could vent in that way. I can feel dem feels, but I just can't express 'em.

• Brohoof 1

I hear you man. In a way, I'm actually kinda jealous of people who do cry. I just wish I could vent in that way. I can feel dem feels, but I just can't express 'em.

Dang dude, I couldn't have said it better myself. I feel like I can feel things fine (but even that seems kinda dull sometimes for me), but yeah I guess I can't release my emotions like with crying. I also feel like it's healthy to cry every once in a while, since it seems kinda bad to have everything all bottled up. You know, this conversation reminds me of this one lyric from a Bright Eyes song: "Your eyes must do some raining, if you're ever gonna grow."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Dang dude, I couldn't have said it better myself. I feel like I can feel things fine (but even that seems kinda dull sometimes for me), but yeah I guess I can't release my emotions like with crying. I also feel like it's healthy to cry every once in a while, since it seems kinda bad to have everything all bottled up. You know, this conversation reminds me of this one lyric from a Bright Eyes song: "Your eyes must do some raining, if you're ever gonna grow."

Well I'm glad that at least I'm not the only one. And I really don't see us as having stone hearts or anything. I think it just might be a mental thing. How 'bout a bro hug? *opens arms widely

Edited by LatinoChurro
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well I'm glad that at least I'm not the only. And I really don't see us as having stone hearts or anything. I think it just might be a mental thing. How 'bout a bro hug? *opens arms widely

Perhaps you need to experience something sad, and see it being replicated in some form of media. If you lost the one thing in the world you care about (lets say a little sister), and you see a similar thing in a film. That perhaps could make you relate to that character. You'd understand their pain, and remember yours.

food for thought =/.

Edited by Hayze
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I really don't show very much negative emotion over many things. Or positive emotion for that matter. Although when I do occasionally cry, it's usually because I simply can't hold my emotions back any more. I start to feel alone, which makes me feel as if I'm worthless to everyone else, which makes me feel like I'm not good enough to even compare to others. I always try to reason as to why I'm suffering, what did I do wrong to make this happen? I usually think of the answer pretty quick, and hate myself a bit afterwards for being so flawed, but then I remember that nobody's perfect and trying to change that is a fool's effort.

Edited by Bladewing

(edited)

Well, let's put this into perspective. I'm crying as I type this. That should give you an idea of how much I cry. I do it a lot. I am very depressed and neurotic, and I tend to seek out sad songs, movies, youtube, videos, books, and other media for some reason. Heck, my standard username is MelancholicMemory (though I am now a Pokemon). On an average day, I cry once; sometimes more and sometimes not at all.

Edited by Typhlosion

(edited)

Hm, it's happened more often since getting into the FiM bandwagon. Some of it were due to the resurfacing of painful memories and I felt their awful sting... The sting I felt was shame, something I already had a lot of at the time due to my unsatisfactory performance as a student. As for the rest, well... there was that time I read Final Dream Of A Filly and MLP fanfics involving suicide. After it was done, I can recall feeling... relieved... Seems like a recurring pattern, doesn't it?

When someone comes crying to me, I will not tell them not to cry. In fact, I would welcome that person to shed tears in my presence, I would open myself up to that person and do my best to make him or her feel protected and safe from harm and judgment.

@Bohtty; From reading about your apparent lack of emotional responses, it makes me wonder what you've been through in the years leading up to that fact. It's not something I believe happens spontaneously or due to genetics but for reasons you might come to see or already see as making sense. It often happens when being able to feel or to care has proven to be too painful or too stressful to you and this could happen for various reasons like abuse, bullying and abandonment (that I can name).

Edited by SunBurn

(edited)

When I get teary-eyed, it's almost never out of sadness, but rather nostalgia. Old songs, video games, movies and TV shows from my childhood can really get me going.

The most recent time I can recall tears of true sadness were whenever I would think about the girl who royally screwed me over and shattered my heart. But I rarely think about her anymore, so I think I've finally healed from that whole debacle. I'll be honest, I sank pretty low, and to a point, I never thought I'd be happy again. And then, ponies happened. smile.png

Not enough. In fact, when I read My Little Dashie, my lip was quirving and the dam was about to break, but it never did.

You know, I made the mistake of listening to a dramatic reading of that, rather than actually reading it myself. The parts that were sad enough to make me almost want to tear up...were completely ambushed by the dude's terrible impressions of the ponies' voices, which made me crack up instead. img-1495801-1-happy.png

EDIT: Oh shizz, didn't realize how old your comment was. My bad, broski.

Edited by Lowline

Is it just me, or does saying the word "cry" sorta feels... a little disgusting to say? Recall when I said "shed tears in my presence". I just didn't want to put the word "cry" in there even though it would've made the sentence more concise and I was well over 100 characters anyway.

My emotions can turn on a dime, man. But I only have two...sadness and a state of 'neutrality'. I don't get angry, and I've forgotten how to be happy or joyful. I've messed myself up pretty bad. Like when anything good happens to me that most people would normally get excited about, my external mood doesn't change at all. I can't actually remember the last time it did change at all...aside from being sad. It's been so long...but internally I do feel happy.

About a year ago I cried at least once a week, but these days even that doesn't happen much anymore. Just nothingness. Maybe that's why I'm so bad at conveying emotion through writing.

My emotions can turn on a dime, man. But I only have two...sadness and a state of 'neutrality'. I don't get angry, and I've forgotten how to be happy or joyful. I've messed myself up pretty bad. Like when anything good happens to me that most people would normally get excited about, my external mood doesn't change at all. I can't actually remember the last time it did change at all...aside from being sad. It's been so long...but internally I do feel happy.

About a year ago I cried at least once a week, but these days even that doesn't happen much anymore. Just nothingness. Maybe that's why I'm so bad at conveying emotion through writing.

Sounds like you've numbed out. Who knows, maybe it's for the best as far as you're concerned. Sometimes feeling can hurt more than it's worth.

When I was in middle school I used to cry all the time, I was kinda a wreck back then.  Now I'm still sensitive, but I don't cry anymore.  I can get teary eyed, but never full out cry.  Sometimes I wish I could cry though, just not when my roommates are around laugh.png . 

I never cry. Seriously. This isn't one of my jokes or exaggerations. I really never cry. 

Come to think of it, I never really experience any sort of strong emotion. It's not that I've been numbed or anything, I just don't really care most of the time. Life goes on, man. You gotta drive over the gravel to get to the asphalt, but if you have all-terrain tires, the gravel doesn't matter.

• Brohoof 1

I usually just get teary eyed when I get sad. When I was younger, when my parents would yell at me I don't know why but I would feel really bad and sad. As I got older I kind of just out grew that and now when I get yelled at, it's just there.

(edited)

A few times a week I would estimate. Only when I'm lying awake in bed and can't get to sleep. Get a bad case of the feels when I start to think about certain things. Also when I'm alone outside just experiencing nature, start to think how great it is to be alive. I just recently beat my depression(mostly) and saved myself from dying on the inside so I'm sort of an emotional wreak, not bipolar though)

I however don't outright break down and sob. That has only occured a few times in my life when things were really bad.

Here is something to think about

Edited by Dark Moon
  • Brohoof 1