Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you cry?

Akemi Homura

I cry about once or twice a day, sometimes there is even a tearless day ^.^,

My life was way too easy... almost friendless (cause I am boring and annoying), but easy... and now that I encountered all the difficulties this year at once... it .... kinda .... hurts ... and even though my life still goes nowhere, I just keep going and going and going, trying to do my best... and hope.

But I am greatful for what I have and for what I had. All I want to do now is to bring smile into the faces of others and stay loyal to the ones I like the most.

And now something to cheer you up a little bit wink.png

Pony0008.jpg

the one who guess right on which character is the pony based on gets super extra cookie ^.^ (hint: it's from ps1)

I don't really know when I cry, it seems to be so random so I don't even remember myself crying.. But I do sometimes, I think everypony cries sometime.

Sounds like you've numbed out. Who knows, maybe it's for the best as far as you're concerned. Sometimes feeling can hurt more than it's worth.

Oh it's just wonderful. It's great when everyone else thinks you don't care about anything because you don't show any sign of it. /sarcasm Not really. :/

Weird.... tons of guys over 20 years of age cried at Snowdrop and My Little Dashie, and all I did was read it. I didn't even feel like crying. But I felt sad.

I don't usually cry, and I take pain well, so I never cry for pain. And when I get sad, usually I find someone to blame, and then I get angry at them and take out the anger somehow or another.

But when somebody just gets me right darn angry, I just can't help crying. Soembody taunts me over and over and over, I cry.

Oh yeah, also when I'm confused I cry, usually because I am trying so hard to make sense of the thing, my head starts to hurt and then I just feel like crying. But otherwise, no.

The last time I cried was when my sister took something of mine, I kinda raged, and cry/screamed for about 10 minutes. Then I got angry and got her back. Problam solved. :)

(edited)

I never really cry to be honest, you know why?? Because I'm a man! Men don't cry, their eyes just get sweaty.

Nah, seriously though, I never do so. Because I feel happy at the moment, I don't have anything to cry about. But you know, I've had my moments were my eyes did get sweaty. I guess it was just my eye muscles flexing too much.

Because of school and just how our society is, I became immune to most stuff and sometimes I can become rather cold. It's just because I try blocking emotions and I try not showing emotions either. I'm a neutral guy, like if something happens, I'm just neutral I don't show emotions unless I know it's wanted. The same goes with sad stuff, I'm just neutral then I think back on it and if it's sad enough my eye muscles sometimes start sweating. I just have very good control over my emotions and feelings, maybe too good. But I am always ready to show compassion to people, it's not like that. I'm always ready to help people go through their problems, but I lock mine away and block them.

So they often gather up and I release them all at once, I often block them for years and then suddenly I just burst.. It often ends badly, but it only happens every four years, it happened only a half a year ago or so. Don't ask, but it's probably never going to happen again, because I became a lot more open with my emotions. So they won't build up like that again.

I used to cry myself to sleep.. lol

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

(edited)

I say that I have a "lack of emotions", as I don't laugh when I think something is funny for an example.

There's an occasional tiny watering up of the of my eyes that is somewhat unseeable and goes away easily but nothing much more, I can't really explain it.

The previous time I cried is when I listened to this, and I haven't cried in a long time until this.

I feel I haven't cried enough though, so I may listen to it a second time.

I still needed an army of tissues to wipe off the mucus running down my nose.

Edited by ÷Zero
  • Brohoof 3

It was actually this fandom that made me remember I could cry... I hadn't cried quite literally for years. It actually really started to bother me. I had asked others how often they cried. They gave me varied answers, but I never heard "I haven't cried in years" from anyone. I dunno, I guess I probably didn't ask enough people. "Am I emotionally numb?" I would think. It was strangely frustrating...

One night, late at 1:00, I went to YouTube and listened to a reading of My Little Dashie.

For the first time in years, I cried.

: ) Thank you bronies, friends. You've made my life so much more meaningful, and now I can cry again.

Usually daily.

But I got a little better nowadays.

Maybe because the weather is better.. sunshine and stuff..

The April was kinda critical so now I have an okay phase.

(edited)

I'm very emotional, but only on the inside. I never, EVER let my feelings out. And on the rare occasion that I do, I'm so emotional about it that other people misinterpret everything I say and more often than not think I'm joking and pretending to overreact to an unimportant thing. And thus people think I'm one of those persons that doesn't have emotions, or only happiness etc.

Anyways, I don't cry often. When I do, I'm alone and usually for reasons that cause me to cry anyways. I feel like I go through a lot more emotional damage than I probably do, so I cry over very shallow things to most others. Like losing friends or getting yelled at all the time.

I have heavy control over my outward emotions, but when I don't that's usually when I cry and I'm unintelligible and inconsolable. fortunately, that doesn't happen often... around people anyways. I think the only time I've cried around someone within the last five years was this last spring when my parents punished me for having a girlfriend and my brother asked me what was wrong.

*insert meme* I don't cry often, but when I do, It's for no reason at all and lasts for two hours.

ok maybe not two hours. xD

Basically the only time I cry is when I cry myself to sleep.

Also when I say five years cuz when I was a kid I was the biggest crybaby ever. EVER. I would cry if my mom was late to pick me up from school. I had major trust issues (still do but..) maybe that's why I don't cry anymore, I burnt myself out. :P

well... that feels nice to talk about.. smile.png good topic.

Edited by SoundRaptured

I usually cry when I get very sad or I can't control my anger. But when I am at school, I conceal and hide my feelings away from anyone that would try to laugh at me.

(edited)

Emotionally I died inside during year eight. I got bullied quite bad, my grades dropped by about two levels. I became dark and miserable, the teachers never noticed nor did my parents, I always did my best to look positive or not caring even if I was black inside. But the majority of my emotions just sort of cut off when my Granddad died. When the news arrived on the phone, I had hit the stage where I almost didn't care, my mother burst into tears and I just sat there taken for words. I went upstairs, flipped on my Xbox and did my best to carry on with daily life. The last time I cried was at his funeral, I had managed to keep myself together all through the service but when we were leaving the church the thing that made me cry was everyone else crying.

The bullying only got worse after that and I only felt a couple of emotions at that point, anger and misery. If going to the high school hadn't been a massive improvement upon my social life then I would have either eventually resulted to violence or self harm, but fortunately the bullying stopped at high school my were grades creeping back up and I was feeling a lot happier. My self confidence grew and I got an A/B in my class presentation in the following months. When I joined the brony fandom though, I reached the apex of my happiness. Still haven't cried since the funeral but My Little Dashie came so damn close.

One giant galactic brohoof to the entire brony fandom for helping to pull me out of the dark.

Edited by British Brony
  • Brohoof 1

Very rarely, sadly. If I am pushed hard enough and for long enough in an argument in my parents, then I will give in. But apart from that, my eyes are usually dirty as hell.

I love these kinds of threads. Anyhow, last time I cried was... 5 years ago? I don't know. It has been so long since I cried.. I don't even remember why I cried that time. On the second thought, maybe I did cry this one time, like a month or so ago. Ah, yes. I was really feeling depressed about life and myself I even started crying. Though, except for that one time, I never really cry. I assume I'm so depressed I cannot feel other feelings, like sadness, happiness, joy, fear...- never mind, that feeling of when lacking a gf and so on. So, yeah, depression numbed my brain so hard I now can't feel half of the feelings a normal human can. biggrin.png

now, i am very unsensitive. i never cried at a funeral, even thou i attended few, never cried during a movie or a book. im a metalhead (heavy leather jacket, combat camo trousers, heavy leather army-like boots, heavy metal \m/ ).

and i cried while reading my little dashie

I very rarely cry, mostly because it's very rarely that I see anything that makes me want to cry. Nothing is really sad or upsetting to me, it seems.

I only cry when my loved ones die, that's it. Because I'm just not an emotional person, not because I have a cold heart. Oh I also get watery eyes when I yawn xD I don't think that counts though (is that normal)

that's creepy because just as I was reading your post that happened to me XDDD

I forgot to mention that yeah I almost never cry at funerals for some reason. Probably because they're better off in heaven or something. :)

I don't cry that often but when I do, it's either from something that is very sad or my eyes are just irritated :P I'll admit it though, after reading My Little Dashie, I fell apart and started cry.

I rarely cry due to sadness. Rather, I curl up into a little ball and fell terrible for a long long time. :P

My eyes water all the time though from things like wind, looking at screens, even just thinking about crying... they're way too sensitive. :/

(edited)

Hmm... probably at least once a month. Sometimes things just build up, you know? And when they do, it doesn't take something major to get the tears started! At least for me, anyway.

I'm super bad for crying during TV shows and movies, but sometimes it takes something smaller. I once cried while doing the dishes because there were SO MANY cups to clean. When I thought I was finally done washing, I went to pull out the plug and realized I still had the silverware to do. I cried like the whole time unsure.png and another time I cried because my cat was laying with me and I was thinking about how much I loved her.

I mean its not like the wailing sort of cry. It's just tears. No wimpers or weeps or sobs and all that obnoxiousness. Does that make it any less pathetic? Probably not...

Edit: Oh, and I have NEVER made it through the Kiwi! animation without being reduced to tears. I've seen it tens of times. Not once was I dry eyed.

Edited by D1SC0RD

I cry all the dang time. I get it from my mother.

When I'm frustrated, I cry. When I'm angry, I cry. When I'm happy, I cry. I'm just a big old baby.

My wife calls me "Spock" for a reason. :)

I don't know why exactly, but I almost never cry. Or emote really at all. I get excited, happy...but that's usually about it. I did cry at my wedding, though, so that's good. They were happy tears.

I don't think I ever cry. I do feel emotionally defeated very often, and I'm on the verge of crying, but I hold back my tears. That usually gets me on a better mood for some reason

I've never been much of a sensitive person when it comes to sadness, so I don't cry all that often. Even when I get upset, rarely do I actually cry. I just prefer to be happy :D 

The only time I can remember that I really, truly, cried (and cried a lot) was a few years ago... well that's another story.