Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you cry?

Akemi Homura

I don't cry. Like, ever. Especially when anyone else is around. I don't know why, but over the course of my adolescence, its been ingrained into me that to cry is to be weak; to be a loser. So now instead of getting emotional and crying, when I'm upset by a situation, I become extremely apathetic and sardonic to deal with it. It isn't always the best approach, and it leads to bottling up of emotions, but I guess it works. I mean, the last time I cried (While not drunk) was nearly a year ago. Maybe more.

I never cry when I have physical pain, no matter how much. But I do (almost) cry when i have emotional pain, even though most of the times I hold back my tears

I generally cry far more from joy than from sadness. I have a great love for effective art and storytelling, so those can affect me emotionally. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic often brings me to tears of joy. 

As for crying due to problems in life, that is far less frequent. Thankfully, nowadays I rarely go through any serious emotional problems in the first place. In the past, when something happened that arose a significant negative response within myself, I usually just feel anger or sadness. When I do cry due to problems in life, it is usually after I have been going through acute stress for an extended period of time. 

There is nothing wrong with crying. It is a great way to relieve stress, but it is important to remember that it does not actually solve any problems you are going through. Crying can do a great job of relieving the initial stress, but then you have to take the next step to address the issue(s) that is/are causing the stress in the first place.

(edited)

I actually don't cry a lot on a regular basis,it's only when I watch something sad or I feel sympathy

for somebody.

Edited by Sir Godot

Since about Friday (May 24th) every bloody day thanks to my neuralgia... pain is overbearing that I can't help it.   At least I have mostly just kept it to a few yelps, whimpers and tears & less of the full blown crying for I know it hurts me more.

Other than that, sometimes... depends on my mental state & so forth.

All the time. I'm a quite emotional person. I cry during Disney movies, some MLP episodes, every time I get mad... yeah, I have a tendency to put on one-person sobfests. It's partly due to my low self-esteem and mostly due to how much like my mother I am.

Once every 3.6 months! I don't know, not very often. To be honest, I only cry when something really hits home, which to be honest isn't very often! There's no point in crying, it just makes matters worse! happy.png  

Well I have said that I usually don't cry that much. But when those feelings gets in my way.. Ughghhhh

Lately I've been crying a lot! Because of many things. Like at least once a week.

I rarely ever cry. I've only cried maybe 5 times in the past like 10 years. Something has to really really upset me for me to cry. Usually when I am upset, I don't cry, but I just feel like crap.

I'm a crier. I'm an emotional guy. I nearly cried when the organ music blew me away as I stood right in front of it in awe. I cried when I got the worst grade for my evolution paper that was worth 40% of my final grade (he nearly flunked me). I cried for a few nights after one of my previous crushes turned me down. 

You could say that I'm a more rational version of Tchaikovsky (he was REALLY sensitive), but I still have my emotional moments. 

(edited)

Not very often, but when I do cry, it's usually for a good reason. A lot of the time, I kinda 'bottle up' my emotions, and I try not to let things get to me. But, at some point, there's a last straw, and I will cry. Generally, though, I don't cry for long, usually just for a few minutes. Sometimes when people ask me what's wrong, and start worrying about me, I end up crying more. 

Anyway, I'd think I only cry once every few months. 

Edited by Beautiful Nightmare

I have not in a long time however there are times when I feel like the inside of myself is aching from pain and crying from the inside if you have been really down about something... Especially for me the past weeks ago I wasn't in the greatest state and recovering from that.... I guess I just hit a rough spot for a bit there.

(edited)

I only cry when im completely alone and feeling depressed (thinking about my life/past) but I throw on the fake smile when friends or family are around no point in worrying them about me.so id say maybe once a week or so?ph34r.png

-I don't know why I replied to this I should probably go to bed....

Edited by Spacetoasty

Don't cry too much myself.  Not that I'm not an emotional guy; in fact, I'm quite boisterous and sometimes even eccentric in my behavior if I do say so myself.  But when it comes to serious matters, I'm rather mellow and tend to maintain a sober, serious demeanor, which I think is pretty typical of guys in general.  Don't get me wrong, I do cry sometimes, but only when I've been pushed to the point of mental/emotional exhaustion, which makes the times when I do cry all the more meaningful.  The one exception is if I'm ever watching a sad animal movie, especially if my mom and sister are present; I'm sorry, but those movies can get gut-wrenchingly sad to almost a cruel degree, and when those two start bawling, I usually can't help but cry a bit.  Still, it's a rare movie, no matter what genre, that does get me to cry, so when one does I usually commend it for pulling that off.

I don't cry often, not much emotional stuff tends to happen in my everyday life and the last time I remember crying about something in real life was when my dog died a couple years ago and I didn't cry at that initially either (Almost cried the other day going through pictures of him).

Fictional stuff actually has more of an effect than anything else, since I grow attached to the character and it upsets me to see them injured. So The only time I really cry is when I'm reading a particularly sad fanfic. Or even a really happy one where I might shed a few tears of joy.  

I was on Antidepressants all through school and I would burst into tears if someone told me to "shut up". I felt so fragile, but I've learned to cope with it because of my faith mostly. I don't take pills anymore, and I just suffer through the anxiety attacks. I do cry but mainly because I'm a woman and you know women cry for no reason sometimes. I don't think being emotional makes you weak because crying cleanses you. I think people who don't cry are rather calloused.

I seldom cry. I usually do when I'm very angry, when I get the feels and when there's something in my eye. I don't usually cry watching stuff, but I cried watching the Titanic and the "Journey's End" Doctor Who episode.

Well at least I'm not the only one who hasn't cried in a few years. Last time I cried it was when the nurses at the hospital were shoving a tube down my throat but that was not because of the pain it was because I was so (censored) tired of that damn hospital. (I was there for 3 weeks) other than that I'm a very positive person.

(edited)

Once a wise man told me that tears clean the windows of your soul. I'm not 100% sure of the meaning of that, but it comforts me since my eyes turn into a waterfall more often than I'd like to admit.

Edited by FireBird-

(edited)

when i get ready to cry i think of that.  As long as we are here we live to the fullest! I mostly cry when something dies or if it's really hopeless. I always think things will get better so i don't cry.

the last time i cry was when i had a really bad fight with my mom(i lots of pasts feeling were toss out) and when my babys, my pet rats  and gerbils died. I lost my rats to cancer  and i had to put them down myselfsad.png  and my gerbils: one pass away in his sleep, one had a cerebrovascular accident or stroke, and the last one...  he was resting in my lap slowing passing away and i  was talked to him and was petting him when he  had a stroke on my lap and vomited blood out of his mouth,noise, and eyes and died. he died at night during a storm.

Edited by swordsman

The only time I ever really cry is when I'm really embarrassed, and even then I only tear up, no continuos crying. Pain doesn't seem to make me cry. I don't usually get sad easily either.

So technically zero times a week.

For me, personally, I would say every single day. I remember I cried for around 4 hours straight the other day. I usually cry at night so no one sees. sad.png

Well we all feel like crying at some point in our life. I cried when my cat died, I cried when my dog died, I cried when i read "My Little Dashie". And that's coming from a big strong athletic dude. Honestly I would say a lot of it has to do with my little pony. Ever sense I got into MLP it kinda opened up my heart a little, for some reason. Because I use to never cry over ANYTHING.

• Brohoof 1